Walking Dead Minimates!

funkguerilla

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice Axel & Daryl.

Thanks!

dammit... I was cleaning out my part bin yesterday and came across a Calico Jack head that I thought looked pretty funny with an Atlantian Solider hair piece on it that would go good with the Walking Dead minimate, but I couldn’t figure out a good body for it.... seeing the versatility of Prison Rick here, I think I might be forced to get the 4-pack after all to realize that head’s destiny.

(also, your Ada Wong custom in the way back is brilliant!)

Thanks! It's just Number Six with Vampire Jubilee's hair, lol. I was trying to figure out how many other characters I could make just by parts-swapping. So far, just her, lol. I haven't put a lot of thought into it.

Daryl's blue shirt? What part is that? It looks great! :)

http://minimatedatabase.com/figure.php?i=556&n=Detention+Marty

http://minimatedatabase.com/figure.php?i=900&n=Gambit

http://minimatedatabase.com/figure.php?i=605&n=The+Man+With+No+Name

http://minimatedatabase.com/figure.php?i=564&n=Mark+I+Iron+Man

http://minimatedatabase.com/figure.php?i=915&n=Hawkeye

http://minimatedatabase.com/figure.php?i=718&n=Logan

Nice Axel Tenime, you follow me?

:thumbsup:

Tenime! Dude - nice set-up :thumbsup:

Thanks!

Can anyone make out the random weapons I've laid out amidst the crowd? Rick's duffel in the back?

I found out about the UPC mix up after I ordered the Lori pack. In this situation I would have ordered all of the packs to get the whole set minus the comic shop packs all at once. But due to the holidays I am strapped for cash and I only ordered the exclusives. In a panic I contacted Toys R Us support and asked them about the items I had ordered. They responded quickly, the item still shipped before but it was quicker than I expected. They responded saying

"13010510 is actually the Exclusive Walking Dead Minimates - Lori and Zombie Terry. I understand that this may have been unclear in your confirmation, and I apologize for any confusion this has caused you."

So I quickly went to the website pages and did not see this number anywhere on any of them, not the UPC, SKU or in the URL. I went back to my order and clicked on the link to the Lori and Terry pack and up top in the URL it ended with 13010510. If what I was told is correct, we will be receiving the packs we ordered.

Edited by Spookyboots

If you had any cancelled and the rest of your order shipped be sure to check the tax and shipping. They charged me the tax and shipping for the "Lori" pack even though it was cancelled. I have to call them up and get it reduced.

My Lori set showed "item found in stock" until this morning, when it came up canceled. I just noticed the thing with the sales tax, too, Fwooshy. That's insult to injury, TRU. Dirty pool.

I've been looking forward to collecting this line since it was announced. Usually, when a line becomes more frustrating than fun to collect, I dump it. This line started at that point. I've managed to track down Series 1 and the Amazon 4-pack but I've opened neither since it's starting to look like I'll be getting rid of them soon.

Patience has usually paid off for me but not with the Glenn and Shane TRU sets. I don't know why they were short-packed or why this block figure line is suddenly so popular but when a long-time collector like myself can't manage to get his hands on two key characters right off the bat, something's wrong. I just hope that whoever got them in my stead buys the entire line because that's what I would have done.

Hopefully we'll get a line based on the TV series and I'll get a second shot at collecting a complete line at a reasonable price.

Sorry for the rant. Good hunting.

PL you can easily obtain either Shane or Glenn through here, at cost non the less. I just bought the Lori set for the second time :( I hope this one isn't cancelled!

Lets speculate!

Wave three

LCS

One armed Rick

Prison Suit Michonne

Tyreese

Variant Tyreese in prison suit

(How the hell could we guess zombies? Good luck!

TRU

Carl

Hershel

Edited by zakkatz

Sadly, this seems to be the new normal when it comes to collecting Minimates, at least as far as Walking Dead is concerned. I never have trouble finding TRU exclusives, as I'm fortunate enough to live in a city with four stores. However, with this series, I'm regularly beaten to the punch, even taking reasonable measures like calling ahead, checking on lunch hour, etc. In desperation, I woke up early and went to a TRU at 7am Christmas Eve morning on a tip that a truck was being unloaded overnight, and managed to grab the Lori and Morgan sets – the only two left. Just for kicks, I called back at 10 to check their stock and they were sold out.

I guess this is what it's like to be a GI Joe/Marvel Legends/Star Wars/whatever other mainstream toyline collector.

:confused:

Got my shipping confirmation from i-parcel, but the 2 Lori / Zombie Terry sets are absent from my invoice. Was I STILL charged for them? But of course <_<. Looks like I'm joining the ranks of the many screwed online shoppers. Huzzah!

Got my shipping confirmation from i-parcel, but the 2 Lori / Zombie Terry sets are absent from my invoice. Was I STILL charged for them? But of course <_<. Looks like I'm joining the ranks of the many screwed online shoppers. Huzzah!

Anybody know the best cause of action for someone using i-Parcel in situations like this?

It's no like we can phone TRU from the UK or Europe. :confused:

Do they generally refund in these situations?

And what if you paid with PayPal too?

I really hate that I have to deal with TRU, almost not worth releasing exclusives. <_<

t

Anybody know the best cause of action for someone using i-Parcel in situations like this?

It's no like we can phone TRU from the UK or Europe. :confused:

Do they generally refund in these situations?

And what if you paid with PayPal too?

I really hate that I have to deal with TRU, almost not worth releasing exclusives. <_<

I've sent previous inquiries (none involving partially shipped items) to the invis.gif ToysRUs@i-​parcel.com address attached to my order confirmation e-mails in the past. They get back to you.... eventually.

BTW: I have not received a cancellation e-mail in regards to the Lori / zombie Terry packs. In the shipping confirmation e-mail, it says at the bottom that some items may not have shipped with the initial order and that I would receive a follow up e-mail when they did ship. I just find it too coincidental that it happens to be the Lori / Terry pack. Guess I'll wait and see what happens. But I'm just ready for a rear ending from TRU.com.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

If the same thing happens with me, I'll send a email but I expect to loose the money.

I really can't be arsed with all the hassle for less than $10.

Hopefully they'll get it together come wave 3? :confused:

For such a large company, I don't understand how hey keep screwing it up.

If i didn't love TWD Minimates like I do, this could cause me drop the line all together.