UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walking Dead Minimates!

funkguerilla

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From a UK buyer, so far I've had a 'order acknowledgement' and a 'order conformation' email.

Guess this is the cross your fingers period until I get the 'shipped confirmation' email.

Then I've gotta get through iParcel (TRU international shipping partner) and UK customs.

That's if all goes through... if not, i might be posting in that final straw thread. :ermm:

I'm in the same boat as you Pete. Got both e-mails (acknowledgement & confirmation). So far nothing's been cancelled. I placed my order early this morning (8:00AM EST) and all is well... so far. The finger crossing seems to be working.

Seems we're all in this same ship headed into uncharted territory. I ordered earlier this morning also and received both emails. No notice of cancellation yet, I swear if these fingers get crossed any tighter I'm gonna lose the circulation

Seems we're all in this same ship headed into uncharted territory. I ordered earlier this morning also and received both emails. No notice of cancellation yet, I swear if these fingers get crossed any tighter I'm gonna lose the circulation

Ditto

Glad to see the Amazon 4 pack included FOUR STANDS! Nice!

Where did you see this? Or is that sarcastic?

Edited by Onyx_6

Got shipping confirmation for my first order of wave two I placed today. I also placed an order for the wrong product just in case and I haven't gotten notice for it. I love how things get corrected and TRU still manages to botch things. Of course I fully expect whatever wrong or right product I get to come in a padded envelope.

On that related note, I ordered two Nintendo 3DSs for my kids for the holidays this year. I ordered them separately and both came packed in padded envelopes. $200+ worth of product (plus a 3D stylus) shipped in a crappy envelope. If they don't care if that gets damaged, they sure won't care about an $8 Minimate pack arriving destroyed.

Please forgive me, if this is a stupid question. The wave 2 group shot shows a "bulled up" looking zombie that I haven't seen in any of the actual wave 2 sets. Is that a variant or an error in the pics?

I’m betting the bulked up chest and intestine belt-piece for the ‘pets’ where dropped because the metal chains were going to cost more then expected. (or maybe despite the fact ones drawn with a gut and the other with his guts hanging out Skybound wanted them to be near identical, I don’t know! either way I think they look better that way then one bulky, one skinny)

I put Winter Coat Dale's head & Morg's hairpiece on Prison Rick's body, and voila - Axel!

dammit... I was cleaning out my part bin yesterday and came across a Calico Jack head that I thought looked pretty funny with an Atlantian Solider hair piece on it that would go good with the Walking Dead minimate, but I couldn’t figure out a good body for it.... seeing the versatility of Prison Rick here, I think I might be forced to get the 4-pack after all to realize that head’s destiny.

(also, your Ada Wong custom in the way back is brilliant!)

DSC07628.jpg

I put Winter Coat Dale's head & Morg's hairpiece on Prison Rick's body, and voila - Axel!

(I'm in the process of cleaning, and know that when I find my Lego parts bin, I have a crossbow for Daryl - who didn't look as good without the Old Man Hawkeye "vest" as I think he does with.)

Daryl's blue shirt? What part is that? It looks great! :)

Edited by Mystery Man

Question for those who have the Michonne minimate in hand: Does her hairpiece peg have one of those risers sculpted on it? I only ask as it appears her hairpiece sits kind of high on her head. Even AdamBomb made reference to high sitting hair in his latest minimate review of the Amazon set. Can anybody confirm this for me?

Edited by MINI_MYTE

Question for those who have the Michonne minimate in hand: Does her hairpiece peg have one of those risers sculpted on it? I only ask as it appears her hairpiece sits kind of high on her head. Even AdamBomb made reference to high sitting hair in his latest minimate review of the Amazon set. Can anybody confirm this for me?

No peg riser on either,sorry :/

I went to my local TRU today (Dec 23).

I was really looking for the Battle Beast Minimates. I found Series 2 of the Walking Dead. I was hoping for the BB minimates. I did pick up I got the Michonne/Zombie set and then the Leg Bite Zombie/Sailor Zombie set. I also found a Rick Grimes/Zombie set so I got it as well.

I have never seen an episode of the show nor read any of the graphic novels, but the mates look nice.

I actually have a fear of zombies/the undead/living dead, but I can tolerate the minimate zombies because they are interesting additions to my collection and would be great when I create my minimate halloween display next year at my office.

I am in Central Illinois and thought I would share what was found in my area.

Yeah unfortunately it sits too high. She almost rivals Leader's forehead :D Nothing a dremel can't fix though

Found these in washington tonight.This has to be a record on how fast a new wave of anything showed up on the west coast :biggrin:

Edited by eclipse