UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walking Dead Minimates!

funkguerilla

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck. My cancelled order was paid for using Paypal and now my payment is held until TRU releases it or the order expires IN THREE MONTHS!

Didnt I warn you of this several pages ago ;)

After I found out I called and gave the poor sod on the other end a right earfull.

T.

MJ is right. Can't recall exact issue, but its early on just after Rick finds wife and son. Shane and Rick go into the woods and find him eating on a deer carcass. Maybe I can scan the page.

Good luck. My cancelled order was paid for using Paypal and now my payment is held until TRU releases it or the order expires IN THREE MONTHS!

Didnt I warn you of this several pages ago ;)

After I found out I called and gave the poor sod on the other end a right earfull.

T.

I somehow missed your warning, but I appreciate it none the less. Did you get your money back?

I somehow missed your warning, but I appreciate it none the less. Did you get your money back?

Still pending, order was placed on Oct 22nd, I think it takes 30 days to time out.

I did receive an email a couple of days back from TRU online asking me to review my purchase, needless to say I posted the review and it wasn't in TRU's favor. I'd recommend every one who had an order cancelled both calls TRU and leaves a negative review of their service.

T.

Two other zombie locations in the comic. Now mind you guys I just own the trade paperbacks. Firstly, the upcoming "stabbed head" zombie minimate packed with Andrea (and Amy) in series 2 is the zombie that falls victim to Glen's machete / wooden board kitbash. The scene takes place right after Michonne's first appearance. The group has set up shop at the prison and Glen shows off his new zombie dispatching device to Maggie along the prison fence..

IMG100804.jpg0812_mmtwd2.jpg

The western tie the zombie is wearing is a dead give away. That and the machete / board combo sticking in his head. Although for some reason, the prototype has white hair and the comic book version has black.

Secondly, a punk zombie sporting a mohawk can be seen approaching the prison gate just as Tyrese is returning from a scouting mission (and can be seen wearing a prison riot suit) and the rest of the gang attempts to get him back on the inside safely. One of the zombies in the foreground has a distinctive mohawk, but his lower jaw appears to be intact and he has the letters "GBH" sprawled across its t-shirt. Sorry, could not find a pic.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

This is a really big deal; I can't recall Minimates ever being in Diamond's top ten before (though I certainly don't check it every month). Congratulations, DST!

DC Minimates, March 2007. Just sayin'.

Glad the line is doing well. Wish I could find some. Hopefully soon. Patience...

Just goes to show they're in good company! :biggrin:

Seriously, this just proves that WD is exactly what I hoped they would be: the second tentpole property for Minimates. It's no secret that DST has struggled to interest comic book stores in ordering Marvel Minimates over the last few years; that's why we see the heavy hitters repeated more in the specialty waves then at TRU, and why we're seeing more themed waves. Moreover, comic book stores have been even less likely to order non-comics Minimates. Walking Dead, on the other hand, is obviously being ordered by retailers that don't normally carry Minimates-- and will hopefully be bought by consumers that don't normally buy Minimates. At best, this will lead to those retailers and consumers buying Minimates outside of the zombies. I suppose the worst case scenario is that those retailers decide that there isn't a market for WD 'mates at their store, and orders for subsequent series fall drastically, but I don't really think this will be the case. I do wonder a bit about the long term viability of this line, since it's not like there's an inexhaustible supply of humans (also the zombies problem ;)), and I can't imagine there will be much interest in, say, Tyreese's daughter's boyfriend, or the twins' parents. But the series is always introducing new people, so DST shouldn't have to scape bottom for a while. And, of course, it's the zombies that will drive sales of these things. I think doing a zombie-only box set, or an army dump, would be a wise, wise move. Milk it while you can, guys!

At the 2 Comic Shops I have by me that carry Minis, both have said people have been buying these mates that have never bought minis before.

So yeah, I hope they continue to have great success because obviously it makes the overall product better. Every minimate for the past 2 years or so has looked great.

There is something really fishy going on with these. Knowing what a... tenacious lot we are, I still have trouble believing that our members, who check TRU.com regularly and think nothing of waking up at 3am to get a jump on exclusives as soon as they're posted, have been frozen out by casual buyers or some kind of uber-scalper for four consecutive restocks. Again, the volume of exclusive sets on ebay is no higher than for any other exclusive, and I haven't been able to find any online stores that have a suspicious abundance of them. Is there some TRU insider out there with an army of punk zombies?

Bear in mind, YB, that if you post a picture of your army of punk zombies, someone will be showing up at your house with a sock full of nickels. :tongue:

Bear in mind, YB, that if you post a picture of your army of punk zombies, someone will be showing up at your house with a sock full of nickels. :tongue:

Sorry to disappont, Lobby, I bought all of the Glenn sets to make a nerd zombie army. GH was the one who bought all of the Shane sets, we coordinated it that way! :thumbsup:

I had 2 successful orders on 10/18 (Glenn) and 10/19 (Shane was added a day later) of 3 each, but other than that, all other order attempts were cancelled by TRU.

The final 11 Mummy & Sarcophagus sets came through without a problem! :unsure:

Edited by youbastards

Are you guys saying you would rather have a new, unique character be the short-packed, one-per case figure? I don't think anyone would want to have to hunt down Glen, especially if he's your favorite character. With the variant system in place at specialty, we didn't want to waste ANY character by making him an ultrarare. So we made a Dale variant.

Sorry Zach, in no way am I trying to "throw you under the bus", but with the recent developments with TRU.com I found this old comment funny. Not "haha" funny. ;)

Edited by youbastards

I added a Glenn to an order I was making a couple of weeks ago and it is supposedly in the mail. When Shane came back in stock about a week ago, I ordered him and some Halo minis. So far that order is shipped, as well. I did have two previously attempted orders (both for Shane sets)get cancelled.

There is something really fishy going on with these. Knowing what a... tenacious lot we are, I still have trouble believing that our members, who check TRU.com regularly and think nothing of waking up at 3am to get a jump on exclusives as soon as they're posted, have been frozen out by casual buyers or some kind of uber-scalper for four consecutive restocks. Again, the volume of exclusive sets on ebay is no higher than for any other exclusive, and I haven't been able to find any online stores that have a suspicious abundance of them. Is there some TRU insider out there with an army of punk zombies?

When they first showed on TRU.com I took the plunge despite not really knowing what /who I was buying . I always order the same amount whatever licence so there was little risk of buying the wrong sets & my conscience is crystal clear ......

.......until I placed my 2nd. speculative order,speculate as in "let's see if they'll take this?" .

bloodyhell :unsure:

I'm going to be a bit short on Shanes but I do believe* I know where one or two Glens went .

*I have yet to hear whether what has actually arrived at my surrogate US address but according to TRU.com tracking something has .....

I bought these with the best intentions but I fear that I may have f*cked up .....big time.

When they first showed on TRU.com I took the plunge despite not really knowing what /who I was buying . I always order the same amount whatever licence so there was little risk of buying the wrong sets & my conscience is crystal clear ......

.......until I placed my 2nd. speculative order,speculate as in "let's see if they'll take this?" .

bloodyhell :unsure:

I'm going to be a bit short on Shanes but I do believe* I know where one or two Glens went .

*I have yet to hear whether what has actually arrived at my surrogate US address but according to TRU.com tracking something has .....

I bought these with the best intentions but I fear that I may have f*cked up .....big time.

Hey, if you bought too many Glenns, I'd be happy to take one off your hands. I'm sure plenty of other members would be as well. :)