UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walking Dead Minimates!

funkguerilla

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like the comics much more. First of all, the TV Show rights are with the McFarlane, Zach talked about that a couple years ago. This isn´t an option.

And I think that the comics have a lot of good characters to offer. But since the line have a chronological advance I don´t if Diamond have interesting in turning back to fill the blanks. They could´ve just prolong this "advance" a little, with more waves for each story arc now I donpt know if that´s an option. The "New Begnning" didn´t get my attention but there´s a lot of old (and not so old) characters that I would like to see in the line:

Jim from Atlanta Camp

Axel from Prison

Zombie Penny

Dale without a leg (like the Black Panther from Marvel Zombies maybe)

Eugene with mullets

Aaron

Heath

Denise

Earl the blacksmith from Hilltop (just beacuse he could be a cool loking figure, with an apron and some tools)

Edited by Gregio

I agree there are other characters that would sell well, especially given the continuing variants of key characters (not to mention walkers) that continue to be viable, but there needs to be a willingness on DST's part to return to those stories. They have no problem offering X-Men Minimates based on comics from decades ago but the notion of going back to the prison arc from a few years ago is somehow objectionable.

Offering Minimates based on the TV show would force them to offer characters from the start.

I really like the comics much more. First of all, the TV Show rights are with the McFarlane, Zach talked about that a couple years ago. This isn´t an option.

And I think that the comics have a lot of good characters to offer. But since the line have a chronological advance I don´t if Diamond have interesting in turning back to fill the blanks. They could´ve just prolong this "advance" a little, with more waves for each story arc now I donpt know if that´s an option. The "New Begnning" didn´t get my attention but there´s a lot of old (and not so old) characters that I would like to see in the line:

Jim from Atlanta Camp

Axel from Prison

Zombie Penny

Dale without a leg (like the Black Panther from Marvel Zombies maybe)

Eugene with mullets

Aaron

Heath

Denise

Earl the blacksmith from Hilltop (just beacuse he could be a cool loking figure, with an apron and some tools)

Zombie Penny is a character I never thought about, but now you've mentioned it I really want one...

I am a fan of the " can't do a Darryl or Meryl " TV Walking Dead with a very limited knowledge of the comic version, but love the Minimate WD line. A question to throw out there; Is there any dream scene or hint ever in the comic series where a main character, who we have a mate of already, see themselves or others as zombies? (stay with me now) This could give us a great 4 (oh please 5) pack of zombie - Rick, Michonne, Carl, Lori and Glen. Kind of like "The Bonnie Situation" in Pulp Fiction which is now immortalized in Minimate glory.woot.gif

I am a fan of the " can't do a Darryl or Meryl " TV Walking Dead with a very limited knowledge of the comic version, but love the Minimate WD line. A question to throw out there; Is there any dream scene or hint ever in the comic series where a main character, who we have a mate of already, see themselves or others as zombies? (stay with me now) This could give us a great 4 (oh please 5) pack of zombie - Rick, Michonne, Carl, Lori and Glen. Kind of like "The Bonnie Situation" in Pulp Fiction which is now immortalized in Minimate glory.:woot:

I can't quite remember where it was from, but there was a cover for some exclusive that had the cast on an axis, one side normal and one side all as zombies.

Edit: the compendiums feature this sort of artwork.

Edited by Pedro Pablumo

I think we were iffy on zombie child toys.

Zombie versions of the main characters have been seen in the omnibus cover imagery, but they are definitely not canon.

Macfarlane and Funko have both made zombie Pennys. Plus, there's this: http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/The_Walking_Dead_Life-Size_Statue_Teddy_Bear_Girl

Seriously, who would have that in thier house?

I think we were iffy on zombie child toys.

Zombie versions of the main characters have been seen in the omnibus cover imagery, but they are definitely not canon.

Macfarlane and Funko have both made zombie Pennys. Plus, there's this: http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/The_Walking_Dead_Life-Size_Statue_Teddy_Bear_Girl

Seriously, who would have that in thier house?

Saw that on display in comic store once- it was creepishly poking out of the corner of their TWD section. So wrong!!!