UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walking Dead Minimates!

funkguerilla

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've already seen that the show has deviated slightly from the comic,

Slightly? At this point it really only resembles the comic as far as character names. Some who are alive are dead and vice versa. Character in one and not the other... Theyre almost nothing alike.

We've already seen that the show has deviated slightly from the comic,

Slightly? At this point it really only resembles the comic as far as character names. Some who are alive are dead and vice versa. Character in one and not the other... Theyre almost nothing alike.

This mainly started because the creative staff really liked the actor playing Shane and felt he was good for ratings. More people are familiar with the TV show than the comic (sad, I know).

Personally, it's kinda nice not knowing what is going to happen if you're familiar with the comic. Sadly, it's so damn boring most of the time!

It's GREAT that they are basing the mate's off the comic instead of the TV show! I'm glad they went with the superior source material. :biggrin: If only they hadn't delayed MAX Zombies as a result......

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I would be more excited for these if we hadn't been teased with the Maximum Zombies (and the convention exclusive). Just from that preview, you could tell that the in-house line had a kitschy irreverence that wouldn't translate very well to a dark tone like WD.

Don't get me wrong, I'll buy them all, probably in massive amounts, but all the while I will be wishing we were getting the mailman, ice cream vendor, construction worker, and business man with 'brains' in the briefcase.

I'm just throwing this out there, but I think the best thing to give this line more exposure (not that it'll need too much) is for there to be a contest similar to the one Luke had a couple years ago where the winner get's their likeness done on one of the generic zombies of a future wave. You know that would make some news around the web on all the various toy/geek sites and gain more exposure to DST/Minimates.

Just one of those things you think about and feel like you need to say in public (on the internet) (for no real reason).

I'm just throwing this out there, but I think the best thing to give this line more exposure (not that it'll need too much) is for there to be a contest similar to the one Luke had a couple years ago where the winner get's their likeness done on one of the generic zombies of a future wave. You know that would make some news around the web on all the various toy/geek sites and gain more exposure to DST/Minimates.

Just one of those things you think about and feel like you need to say in public (on the internet) (for no real reason).

Not sure if that would work, since all the zombies are based on the comic. But not a bad idea. And interest in this line has already expanded beyond the toy/geek sites, so I'm expecting it to do much better than Maximum Zombies would have on its own. Hopefully that will only help should one day the MZs return.

Not sure if that would work, since all the zombies are based on the comic. But not a bad idea. And interest in this line has already expanded beyond the toy/geek sites, so I'm expecting it to do much better than Maximum Zombies would have on its own. Hopefully that will only help should one day the MZs return.

Would it be possible to get Kirkman interested in having the winner appear in the comic as well? I agree with Buttgroundheadhog that such a contest would really get people's attention.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm confused by the BBTS picture. Probably a bit because although I followed the comic up to the introduction of Michone, and I don't remember much if anything (a few plot points here and there). So my Walking Dead knowledge is show oriented, and I can't figure out who is Tyrese according to the bbts.

The pictured fisherman minimate appears to be "Dale". The zombie woman looks like a zombie Andrea, but she is still alive in the show and I can't remember her dying in the comics. Is Tyrese = T-dog?

I asked a pal this the other day, apparently Tyrese isn't T-Dog, the former being made up for the tv program.

Tyrese was shown in the toy fare pics, black guy with the flat cap type thing. BBTS have a picture of Dale though, for sure. As someone who knows the program first, I do hope we get Dale in wave 1, instead of Tyrese.