UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walking Dead Minimates!

funkguerilla

The Governor is the most unique looking character in the comic other than Michonne and Rick. Iconic to say the very least. To say he probably won't have a minimate made because of his crimes is silly. Silence of the Lambs minis? Marvel characters do bad things all the time, we actually reward characters like Deadpool for being more gross and outrageous.

And it's Kirkman that wrote all the events that take place in Walking Dead, including the Governor's Actions, and killing plenty of children in horrific ways. But he seems like a top 5 human character for the series, and would make an excellent minimate.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zach, my two cents - I'd rather have these than the MAX Zombies. Random, generic zombies are cool, yeah, but I don't watch/read/play zombie stories for the creatures. I'm in it for the kick@$$ survivors & cannon fodder. This line makes me so unbelievably happy, you have no idea (and one human/one zombie packing makes the most sense). The only thing that would make me happier is a full series of Resident Evil (though, the MvC3 ones look fantastic!).

Also, to the complaints about no MAX Zombies - Zach said it himself:

Wait till you see the other zombies in the line. I picked the tamest, most standard one. The others get increasingly more horrific, and while I'm not sure how many are based on actual zombies in the book, they all look great.

If they're not all "book specific," why couldn't they mix the MAX ones in? I'd be perfectly happy with that! There haven't been too many "stand out" zombie characters from the books, I, for one, would not object to having random, generic zombies (like MAX was) side-by-side with Glenn or Andrea. Why not?

And as for the Governor, what if he was an exclusive for somewhere (convention, online store), and not general release? Would it be less harrowing to make him that way?

Can't wait for that Handless Rick Variant!

Spoiler. I'm all the way up to Volume 13, so I knew about this already, but what if someone came in here who wasn't?

with all due respect to funky, that is one of the most iconic walking dead images

I've only read a handful of issues, and its the first thing I think of when I see poor Andrew Lincoln on tele... sigh, if only he knew

I'm really disappointed at the loss of Max Zombies in favor of WD. I'm happy to see WD, but I really had my heart set on those Max Zombies!

Why?

Because 1) what we saw at NYCC was super cool! 2) We're less likely to get extra pack-in stuff. Especially those really cool gravestones! 3) With MAX, the sky's the limit! If DST wants to make a Zombie Elvis-Impersonator for example, they don't need to check to see if it was in the comic first! 4) I really want Zombie 2-packs! Civilians are cool and needed, but Zombies are scarier in Hordes!! I would be happy if there is at least one zombie 2-pack per assortment instead of every pack being a 1:1 Human/Zombie ratio.

As for the WD characters, after the main cast AND the Governor, I don't care much for the civilians. I don't care for every human encountered in the comic getting minimated. But I am curious to see how they make Carl.

Zach! Please tell me we'll one day get those MAX Zombies shown at NYCC! They were awesome! (Now I know why they haven't been up for pre-order anywhere!)

Can't wait for that Handless Rick Variant!

Spoiler. I'm all the way up to Volume 13, so I knew about this already, but what if someone came in here who wasn't?

Given that it happened roughly, what three years ago, I figured it wasn't a spoiler. I tend to believe that if something is over a year and a half old, there's no need for spoilers anymore.

Also, given the record of that series, Rick losing a hand is low on the totem pole of spoiler-ific things. Like what happened when they left the prison, anything about The Governor, or a certain event that happens at the end of Vol. 14 (I think). Just my two cents.

Rosebud was Kane's childhood Sled. Kevin Spacey is Keyser Söze. Crying Game, that chick is a dude.

Soylent Green is people, Jesus dies, etc.

Like, they're right. It's a very iconic cover and happened years ago. In my opinion, anything before volume 12 or 13 at this point is fair game to be spoiled, they were like 2010 comics.

Although, really, we've already seen DST is making stump-arms for the zombies, so i don't even get why "how will they make Rick's stump??" is a big deal at all. :wacko:

Also, to the complaints about no MAX Zombies - Zach said it himself:

Wait till you see the other zombies in the line. I picked the tamest, most standard one. The others get increasingly more horrific, and while I'm not sure how many are based on actual zombies in the book, they all look great.

If they're not all "book specific," why couldn't they mix the MAX ones in? I'd be perfectly happy with that! There haven't been too many "stand out" zombie characters from the books, I, for one, would not object to having random, generic zombies (like MAX was) side-by-side with Glenn or Andrea. Why not?

They might mix in some zombies like the MAX ones, but the humorous touches like the brain ice cream cone or the lawyer's file that says "BRAINS!" aren't going to make it. That's the kind of thing I'll miss.

Rosebud was Kane's childhood Sled. Kevin Spacey is Keyser Söze. Crying Game, that chick is a dude.

Although, really, we've already seen DST is making stump-arms for the zombies, so i don't even get why "how will they make Rick's stump??" is a big deal at all. :wacko:

It was me making a bad joke about the depths of variants we'll be getting. Maybe I should have gone with "I can't wait until the 'Depressed and Despondent' Rick Variant" 'joke' instead.

I for one am really bummed about Max Zombies going on the back burner. With any luck they will arrive on the heels of the final TWD wave. I can't imagine TWD going more than four or five waves even with sad Rick with telephone variant.. People will want to grow their hoard long after we've gotten Carl with his blank blanked blank.

Edited by Rheul

Walking Dead's a bit unique spoiler-wise, since a lot of people haven't read the comics but really don't want to hear about any plot points/twists/deaths that may well be upcoming in the show. There are a lot more viewers than readers.

And I do think there's a difference with long-running, self-contained comics like this (or Fables, Y The Last Man, etc), that are continuously bringing in new trade readers at volume 1. Seems like on a lot of comics sites/boards people do generally avoid spoiling anything, outside of marked threads. For some reason it is seen as a different situation from movies or superhero comics, where by the time they've been out on DVD or in trade for a while it's expected that anyone not up to date is responsible for staying away from spoilers themselves.

Having said all that, that Rick thing is pretty unavoidable online -- it's the one thing I've been spoiled on despite avoiding everything to do with the comic, to try and keep the show a complete surprise. (The awesome Minimate news did trump my usual caution this one time, of course, or I wouldn't be in this thread :tongue:)

We've already seen that the show has deviated slightly from the comic, so it's fair to say that nothing from the comic is set in stone. I would be surprised if that didn't happen to Luke Skywalker, err Rick, but remember whatever trauma the character experiences has to be portrayed by an actor for the rest of the series, so I can easily see them change it to a 'couple of fingers' to make it easier for the main actor to handle for the rest of the run.

True Blood is a good example, a lot has changed from the books to the series. In the books, Lafayette dies and Tara is barely a supporting character.