UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walking Dead Minimates!

funkguerilla

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I had to get those, too.

I didn't even realize Saga was Skybound. Not sure if it has been discussed. I imagine if Diamond Comics saw a demand they'd ask us about it, but the licenses I'm talking about are a little more mainstream. I imagine knowing the book has an end date puts a bit of a damper on things, as well.

ok, well i'm really happy to here its not officially done but its a bummer to hear about the whole TRU thing and not having any plans for now. if there's anything I can do to help get some more i'd love to help. with all the good walking dead collectible dying out (the 6 inch figures are done now too, well for the show at least) its good to hear that these are still a possibility.

44 minutes ago, ocmd73 said:

ok, well i'm really happy to here its not officially done but its a bummer to hear about the whole TRU thing and not having any plans for now. if there's anything I can do to help get some more i'd love to help. with all the good walking dead collectible dying out (the 6 inch figures are done now too, well for the show at least) its good to hear that these are still a possibility.

The TV figure line is changing scale, but not dying that I am aware of. A glut of TWD product, including some similar mini-figure lines like the Mcfarlane blocks line and that vinyl mini-figure line with the big eyes, makes it very competitive, and not having the TV looks puts us at a slight disadvantage. I think the line is great, but we need a certain number of sales to make it make sense.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2016-08-16 at 7:59 AM, DSTZach said:

Yeah, I had to get those, too.

I didn't even realize Saga was Skybound. Not sure if it has been discussed. I imagine if Diamond Comics saw a demand they'd ask us about it, but the licenses I'm talking about are a little more mainstream. I imagine knowing the book has an end date puts a bit of a damper on things, as well.

Saga mates would be amazing! Although that's probably what they said about invincible too, my first mates ever.  Ever since, I've been hooked on other mates, so maybe you can fish out other fringe collectors even if Saga mates might perform similarly to invincible.

3 hours ago, MisterPL said:

I had sticker shock when I saw how much McFarlane's Saga 2-pack was going for at my LCS. And the owner usually prices toys low so they'll move. We might not be able to afford Saga Minimates if the licensing fees are so high they demand such a retail price.

ya I think it was almost $100 Canadian where I saw it.  Most statues cost that much so maybe it isn't licensing fees but them just pricing it at comparative costs.

• 1 month later...

Is it just me or is overall interest in this property seriously waning?

Ratings for the TV show are reportedly down to Season 3 levels. The buzz is that the second half of the season will be much less depressing but it won't matter if the people they lost in the first half don't return. 2016 was generally considered a bummer of a year and I'm thinking it's time for some escapist entertainment that's more optimistic about the future than dire.

Comic sales are up from the previous year, in large part due to the milestone issue #150. That saw the title take the #1 spot last January with 156,166 copies going to retailers. However sales dropped right back down to more typical numbers (-70,000) immediately thereafter. They rebounded a bit in time for the new TV season but numbers are dipping yet again. It has managed to rank in the top ten from September to November but of course that's sell IN to retailers, not sell THROUGH to consumers.

As for merchandise, I still see TWD product on shelves but it's largely TV-based. I'll be surprised if we see anything new for TWD Minimates at Toy Fair next month but I'm still hopeful the line can find new life... pun intended.

• 5 weeks later...

I have a unique question/problem. I'm not really into Walking Dead, but have bought some figures recently for customs, dios, etc. Anyway... Something I've been noticing is that some of them are covered in sparkly dust. Like strippers. It's sort of random. Some figures have it. Some don't.

But it's ONLY showed up on TWD figures.

It comes off easy enough, but I find it a bit strange. Anyone know what that's about?

It's just strange because it's VERY much like a body glitter. And it's not just like one pack that had this. It's like a bunch of random ones. But all TWD. I suppose release agent residue could make sense, but that usually is some sort of goo.