UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walking Dead Minimates!

funkguerilla

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this line is slowing down, which is scaring me...

It might seem that way, but I don't think it is. It's always been 2 comic waves a year and 2 TRU waves a year. TRU skipped a wave last year but they've had one this year and will presumably have another to go with wave 8.

Edited by Pedro Pablumo

The comics and the show don't seem to be slowing down, so I would hope that would be a good sign for these. I would like to see a few more zombies start showing up in assortments, I know there are a lot of characters people want to see, but I feel like zombies have more impulse-buy appeal. Plus I want to have a massive zombie army....

We need a Blind Bag Assortment of Zombies! Throw in a Hospital Gown Rick, a Zombie Shane an and mot-yet-scarred Andrea and DST would be golden! Each Zombie could come with a few alternate pieces and you could have skin tones that match existing Zombies to truly mix-and-match parts!

We need a Blind Bag Assortment of Zombies! Throw in a Hospital Gown Rick, a Zombie Shane an and mot-yet-scarred Andrea and DST would be golden! Each Zombie could come with a few alternate pieces and you could have skin tones that match existing Zombies to truly mix-and-match parts!

Shhhh! Don't give DST any more blind bag ideas.

1442597730157.gif

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2016-07-27 at 11:51 AM, MisterPL said:

twd-shiva-pic.jpg

Rar.

yup definitely looking around now for a tiger that scales with mates

1. I have no such list.

2. They are not for sale due to the rarity of my own hair and inability to acquire other sources.

3. The Kittymatesâ„¢ are showing promise. They're almost down to Vinimates scale. Research & Development assures me they'll have something viable by the end of fiscal year 2017. The ultimate goal is, of course, to train one to ride a tiny motorcycle but that's more of a pet project.

Edited by MisterPL

ok so i'm just curious and i'm about 99% sure of the correct answer but this line is done right? I collected every single one of the guys that came out when they did and then you guys just stopped making them. I was waiting it out to see if I could find anymore news but I just thought i'd ask you guys, you know more about this kind of stuff then I do. and if this will help at all I could really go for some more of them if you guys are still planning on making more. like alpha, Lydia, hook rick, even some older characters like axel, anybody from Alexandria or anyone from the Atlanta crew. just curious of an answer if anyone know, thanks.

Edited by ocmd73

Until DST dumps the license, they won't say the Minimates line for The Walking Dead is done. They'll continue to look for a way to get it out there but apparently TRU has lost interest in it and I guess specialty retailers can't support it alone. 

Personally, I expect that this is going from full series assortments to 4-packs. Unfortunately that probably means sets anchored by Rick or Michonne and a lot fewer secondary characters and walkers. If comic shops really have hard-ons for blind bags, that's probably an option, too. 

I, too, have managed to collect the entire line but it's also the only one I've yet to open. I'm still on the fence about freeing these 'mates from their plastic prisons. 

DST's unwillingness to offer a Shiva was pretty much where this line collapsed. 

ocmd73, I think you're looking for something official, since you seem to be talking to DST at a couple of points in your post. Nothing has been decided that I am aware of, and nothing new is in the works that I have seen, but the president of DST answers questions in Ask DST at artasylum.com, he may have more info.

2 hours ago, MisterPL said:

DST's unwillingness to offer a Shiva was pretty much where this line collapsed. 

jaws.gif