UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walking Dead Minimates!

funkguerilla

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an extra Ezekiel and Mauled Zombie pack and would like to trade it for an Andrea and Prom Zombie pack if anyone would be willing. or I would trade for Carl and Burning Zombie or Shane and Punk Zombie.

PM if you are interested in the sealed package and I am not willing to open for individual figure trade.

Series 7 hits comic shops 4/8/.

Marvel Series 60 too?

It looks like 61 will be released before 60.

Ezekiel was up on TRU.com this morning. Limit 1 per customer. I received the order acknowledgement & confirmation emails. Just waiting for the cancellation email.

I've recently got into the show, do you guys think they'll do a Daryl minimate?

Unfortunately no, Zach has confirmed the line is only for the Comic book. Maybe if Daryl found his way into the comic, but Robert Kirkman has stated Daryl will not be in the comics......

Edited by hailtotheking

Unfortunately no, Zach has confirmed the line is only for the Comic book. Maybe if Daryl found his way into the comic, but Robert Kirkman has stated Daryl will not be in the comics......

Damn that's a shame. I was hoping to get a few for my live action display. And Daryl is probably my favorite character. Hopefully they reconsider and do a few waves based on the Show.

I'm sure he'd sell a lot more comics if he'd change his mind!

So, popped by Toys R Us again. I ran into a supervisor who has worked there for a while and had them look up the item in their inventory system. Looks like there's 480 packs at the distribution center, but the stores in the area are showing as "Eligible: NO" which means they're not getting them in ever, from what she said.

Kind of a major bummer.

Rant time.

I finally got a chance over the weekend to talk to a manager about that "eligible" nonsense.

He said it generally means that if your store is a TRU/Babies R Us then it's less likely to get these kinds of toys. (IE - TRU FUCKING EXCLUSIVES.) It's the brick & mortar stores that are exclusively TRUs that a more likely to get them but it's still no guarantee. He also cited some west coast/east coast bullshit, saying that there's inventory that the west coast enjoys that the east coast might never see.

Yeah, that sounds familiar.

TRU continues to kill my interest in this collection with their TRU Exclusive to These ELIGIBLE Stores assortment of Walking Dead Minimates.

480 packs sitting in a warehouse. I just want two.

Man, I feel your frustration!!! It´s really hard when you really want an item for your collection but it´s really har to get.

I´m from Brazil. I think you can imagine haw hard is for me and my friends to make our collections. Of course we have action figures here but not minimates! We have to count with the Ebay and specially with Luke. When we found a TRU item in the Luke´s store, we are really happy, don´t matter if it costs a few bucks more!

It´s hard to be a collector outside US!

To you guys who have stores that are not eligible, have you asked the manager (or supervisor) if you can order them directly? You may need to buy the case, but you could always see about splitting the case with a fellow board member in the same boat as you.

The way it was explained to me is that if the DC has stock, you should be able to place an order that guarantees (you put money down) your order. If you order 12, you should get the whole case shipped to you.

It can't hurt to try, at least. :shrug:

I have to hand it to international collectors. I don't have it in me to even try to collect a line that's only available elsewhere. I'm not even thrilled about online purchases if only because I like to see what I'm buying first.

However that's exactly what I've had to resort to; haunting TRU.com in the hope that one of their "exclusives" will show up, that I'll be able to snatch it up, and that they'll actually ship me the correct product.

At least that's still an option for North American collectors, right?

To you guys who have stores that are not eligible, have you asked the manager (or supervisor) if you can order them directly? You may need to buy the case, but you could always see about splitting the case with a fellow board member in the same boat as you.

The way it was explained to me is that if the DC has stock, you should be able to place an order that guarantees (you put money down) your order. If you order 12, you should get the whole case shipped to you.

It can't hurt to try, at least. :shrug:

I'll ask next time I go. If it saves me gas and I can help out fellow collectors, I'm all for it.