UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walking Dead Minimates!

funkguerilla

ynow i like 5 figures in this series, chris is a little obscure but with the recent tv arc and the popularity of gareth i can understand, but honestly why derek, i mean i get hes the variant and theyre not gonna put someone like ezekiel a variant but why not a savior like connor or carson or even heath or maybe one of the canned figures form tru6, someone else who was in more than 3 issues and has an interesting design i mean derek is a bald guy wearing earthtones, but back to the good parts the negan and jesus are perfect in every way, the rick is okay but im glad a character with a white t shirt is in specialty and not tru, i need those all the time and dwight is pretty good but i might give him a different jacket when he comes out and the zombie holly with the normal head is genius, but im really excited for the tru wave but at the same time i really hope they dont put someone like ezikiel or heath at tru cause im like 85% sure my tru stopped stocking mates

Even before the character appeared (more or less) on TV, Chris was a PRETTY major character. If HE's obscure, in spite of his involvement in the death of a major survivor and the darkening of four others, then a lot of other characters just dropped below the "obscure" line. He wasn't in that many issues, and his appearance was pretty nondescript, but he made a BIG impression, and was part of at least two or three big OMG moments (tainted meat, messing with the wrong people, the whole dismemberment thing).

Derek had even less screen time, so I guess you could call him obscure, but they teased his arrival pretty hard, and he got a pretty big spotlight moment. Also, he's the one-per-case.

I get why people want Heath, but I also don't know that Heath has made as big an impression in all his appearances as Derek did in, like, two issues. I feel like most of Heath's stories were relationship-related, when he wasn't loitering on rooftops. But then, I'm still a little behind, so maybe I missed his big moment.

Rosita and Gabriel will probably not be variants, whenever they show up, but they will not be in TRU 7. Hopefully whoever is in the TRU assortment will be easily acquirable in the store or online. Hopefully, after the recent reset, more stores will come back on board for TWD, Aliens and/or Marvel Minimates.

Edited by DSTZach

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ynow i like 5 figures in this series, chris is a little obscure but with the recent tv arc and the popularity of gareth i can understand, but honestly why derek, i mean i get hes the variant and theyre not gonna put someone like ezekiel a variant but why not a savior like connor or carson or even heath or maybe one of the canned figures form tru6, someone else who was in more than 3 issues and has an interesting design i mean derek is a bald guy wearing earthtones, but back to the good parts the negan and jesus are perfect in every way, the rick is okay but im glad a character with a white t shirt is in specialty and not tru, i need those all the time and dwight is pretty good but i might give him a different jacket when he comes out and the zombie holly with the normal head is genius, but im really excited for the tru wave but at the same time i really hope they dont put someone like ezikiel or heath at tru cause im like 85% sure my tru stopped stocking mates

Even before the character appeared (more or less) on TV, Chris was a PRETTY major character. If HE's obscure, in spite of his involvement in the death of a major survivor and the darkening of four others, then a lot of other characters just dropped below the "obscure" line. He wasn't in that many issues, and his appearance was pretty nondescript, but he made a BIG impression, and was part of at least two or three big OMG moments (tainted meat, messing with the wrong people, the whole dismemberment thing).

Derek had even less screen time, so I guess you could call him obscure, but they teased his arrival pretty hard, and he got a pretty big spotlight moment. Also, he's the one-per-case.

I get why people want Heath, but I also don't know that Heath has made as big an impression in all his appearances as Derek did in, like, two issues. I feel like most of Heath's stories were relationship-related, when he wasn't loitering on rooftops. But then, I'm still a little behind, so maybe I missed his big moment.

Rosita and Gabriel will probably not be variants, whenever they show up, but they will not be in TRU 7. Hopefully whoever is in the TRU assortment will be easily acquirable in the store or online. Hopefully, after the recent reset, more stores will come back on board for TWD, Aliens and/or Marvel Minimates.

well i kinda mispoke when saying obscure i more meant the choice was slightly odd considering the theme of the rest of the wave but im happy to be getting him, but i still want tainted meat dale

( and also i know its completely impossible but how awesome would it be if chis came with dales leg over a fire)

and that news about tru wave makes me so happy as im still trying to swallow spending 25 dollars for abraham

Wait, so they aren't making Zombies anymore? I thought this was the entire point of the line?

i think we have too many walkers as is.. the people are buying this line for the characters. just like readers read the books for the characters not the walkers. i know i don't at least.

plus i remember zach saying the walker 2 packs didn't sell well in the past. also that 2 pack from that first or second wae was peg warming my tru till i bought it.

so please bring on the people.

but i would like more specific and quirky walkers. not just all plain clothes ones. there were some pretty funky walkers in the books. not even the cool ones on the covers.

Well, it happened. The toys have crossed over past the point where I stopped reading, which was somewhere after Carl goes after Negan. It had become a blah, blah, blah us vs them storyline... again. So to me, the wave is just okay. I mean, I'd have to go back to the books to see who at least half of them are. I guess whoever Holly is, she becomes a zombie... I suppose I could catch up reading, but time is such a rare commodity these days.

If you've read the part where Carl goes after Negan, then Abraham has been dating Holly for 20+ issues.

>This wave looks great I especially like that Chris from the hunters is in this wave, can't wait to add them to my collection. Hey Zach you did say that there will be a toysrus wave right?

Yes!

Now that you mention it, I kinda vaguely remember it now. A lot of the characters/names just started blending together.
A Holly minimate before Rosita? She can't catch a break. :)

I was in it as much for the zombies as the characters. I thought that was a winning balance. No walker 2-packs necessary but each character packed with one was fine. I especially like the notion of living/undead variants as opposed to the duplicates we've gotten.

But I gotta say the line heading into the story era I liked the least. The character selection here doesn't exactly make me moist. I didn't care for the Governor and I like Negan a lot less.

I really wish this was a TV line.

OT: Those of you who read this series in trade form, did any of you buy the Omnibus' or Compendiums? I have the 1st 10 volumes through Amazon's Kindle Store, but the rest of the volumes are no longer available. I need to desperately catch up, but could use a little advice on where to go. Right now I'm leaning towards picking up the Omnibus' despite them being more expensive. Any thoughts?

OT: Those of you who read this series in trade form, did any of you buy the Omnibus' or Compendiums? I have the 1st 10 volumes through Amazon's Kindle Store, but the rest of the volumes are no longer available. I need to desperately catch up, but could use a little advice on where to go. Right now I'm leaning towards picking up the Omnibus' despite them being more expensive. Any thoughts?

in my opinion avoid the conpendiums those things are the biggest pain in the ass to transport read or carry or read, nver a seen the omnibus but if theyre much smaller than the conpendiuems id go with those given the choice, but if i were you id just buy the individual volumes, you can get them for about 8 bucks shipped on amazon so it will prob be more expensive but theyre easier to read and the collection just looks mor organized