UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walking Dead Minimates!

funkguerilla

Are we going to get any multiple looks?

ie, generic Saviours, Hilltop or Kingdom people.

One figure has two different looks, but every character in seven is a specific one. No generics.

Have we had any of these characters before?

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every once in a while, I gotta go back and reread, too. The good thing is that it doesn't ever bore me. I really like the story. Just like the TV show, it has become way more about the living VS the living, instead of the living VS the (un)dead. So much craziness. The domination (or upper-hand) swing occurs about once every five pages... ermm.gif

Yeah, guys even if it's unintentional can you stop talking about the show. I have had to wait until today to watch it and I already know a few things I rather have found out myself. Just a friendly request.

I can see why from all the new parts that would be needed. Still, the mold could then be put to use in the Marvel line for Kymera's black tiger and most of the parts could also be reused for a leopard to go with Black Panther and for Zabu. Ah well, I suppose I'll just have to settle for Tygra and hope for an eventual Tiger Claw in the TMNT line or Manifold Tyger/Flying Tiger/Tigra in the Marvel line for my next minimate tiger fix.

So we can get a flaming wolf from a dated arcade game but not a tiger from Image's top-selling comic? We can get a robot dog from a 1970's TV series but not a generic tiger? We can get canines from Hades but not a tiger?

I'm pretty sure the tooling for a tiger can be repurposed across many lines. These license-specific dogs, not so much.

So, what? The only felines we're allowed to have are Jonesy and Vigo's hairless cat?

I just meant it's not a possibility in this wave, since I know who's in it. None of them are tigers, as far as I can tell.

Anything is possible. Some day, maybe we'll make a tiger.

And someday I'll be able to tell if Mister PL is legitimately upset that we made popular characters from a popular CONSOLE video game, movie and TV show, most of whom are rarely rendered in 3D, but not a generic tiger from a comic book. I'm pretty sure he's joking, but his outrage and disappointment is reading as genuine.

Edited by DSTZach

I assume he's just having fun, or I'd go on and on (like I tend to do) about licensing and tooling budgets and sales projections and blah blah blah. But yeah, I don't know that MvC3 was dated when Amaterasu came out -- maybe Okami was, but neither was in arcades.

Do they stil have arcades? :D

Edited by DSTZach

Disppointment? Yes. Outrage? I'm not sure this board has seen my outrage, at least not the kind that drove Digger from his own message board back in the day. wink.png

But yeah, I don't see why DST wouldn't offer Shiva when they've offered such license-specific characters they'll never (yes, never) be able to use again. A big cat like that could easily be re-deco'd and re-accessorized to become a variety of other big cats. Hell, I didn't even know that fighting bear character (I'm not big on arcade games) but I bought one because... bear! (And this guy.)

However, it's sounding like Shiva is to The Walking Dead what Ghost Rider's bike is to Marvel.