UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walking Dead Minimates!

funkguerilla

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like I'm one of the last, big curmudgeons for wanting Classic comics stuff opposed to movies.

Wait... what thread is this again?

I always want the comics stuff over the movie stuff. Every comic wave makes my little marvel universe more awesome and diverse like the comics, but every single movie line is incomplete. Some of them are so incomplete i passed on all of them. Final battle whiplash, silver samurai, warriors 2, korath, the collector, etc. All things that have mostly kept me away from the movie lines, If I can't have a complete movie verse, then Im not interested.

Now if I had that movie ghost rider sitting with everyone I could deal but I dont so I cant.

Also everyone should stay on topic and stop discussing whatever this whole walking dead fad is about.

...Are you seriously saying that a movie line is not complete because there's no movie Thanos?

Us not getting any reference for the final, largely top-secret (at least early on) villains of IM2, The Wolverine and ASM 2 is unfortunate, but Thanos? That's a bit excessive.

Thanos is going to get one eventually, and I know the art not being given out is a big bummer, but after the art is available what's preventing a late boxset?

If a wave is targeted towards a movie release date, why not more boxsets like IM had targeted towards home release dates? To catch any of the end of the movie surprises?

The TRU guardians hit close to the movie, if a box had been planned for Dec around home release, we could have korath, the collector, another nova dude and an orb powered starlord with a repainted rocket.

I'm legitimately interested in whether there is a reason this kind of thing doesn't happen more often

Edit - spelling

Edited by arnim zola

"Where's Carl?" has now been replaced with "Where's [insert noticeably absent live-action character here]?"

DST has the same dual opportunities to tie product releases into the show as they do with Marvel movie releases. They can offer sets featuring characters like Gabriel when they debut on the show or a year later when the DVDs hit home video. If you want to get technical about it, now that the series is in syndication, they can revisit those tie-ins any time they like.

I'd argue DST can do the same with Marvel movies in the specialty market given how popular they are with that demographic.

...Are you seriously saying that a movie line is not complete because there's no movie Thanos?

Us not getting any reference for the final, largely top-secret (at least early on) villains of IM2, The Wolverine and ASM 2 is unfortunate, but Thanos? That's a bit excessive.

No complaints from me there.

I'm sad about Silver Samurai.

I'm (as) devastated (as one can be about toys lol) about Fandral, Hogun, Korath, The Collector, and Nova Prime.

I couldn't care less about Whiplash (I prefer the racetrack one we got two of).

But I don't really see a need for a movie Thanos from either Avengers or Guardians.

I love the first two comic versions we got, and the newest one coming up is the best out of all of them.

Plus, his movie look is so close to his comic look, I don't think we'd even need one from Infinity War (though can't imagine we wouldn't get one when that time comes), unlike Fandral/Hogun/Korath (especially Korath).

Korath hurts, because even if we got missing Thor or GotG characters from sequels, he's dead, so there's no chance of getting him now. Not that what we got from the movie wasn't fantastic as it is. Heck, Hasbro couldn't even give us Ronan and Nebula.

Thanos/Collector

Korath & Collector (with maybe Howard & Cosmo accessories) makes the most sense, IMO. Djimon had a way bigger role than the big purple guy.

Cybernetics can be repaired, look at Nebula. And I will say luke did a bang up job on his korath custom decal set.

Also I like the walking dead. But that Beth episode bored the hell out of me. I could care less about this new hospital rapists society. Really just want to see Morgan finally get back to the group.

I enjoyed the Bethpisode. It introduces another element of survival and what it means to 'survive.'

If we get a few characters from the show, I really hope Beth gets included!

On topic. I really hope we see the missing three TWD characters seen at C2E2.

Walking Dead is an ongoing multi-year license. Each movie license is only good for a year once we start development. Not sure we could start and release a movie box set between movie release and contract's end OR DVD release.

And a single wave requiring four new contracts for older films from multiple studios? UH-uh.

Series 7 reveal countdown starts now. 2 weeks.

Edited by DSTZach

Walking Dead is an ongoing multi-year license. Each movie license is only good for a year once we start development. Not sure we could start and release a movie box set between movie release and contract's end OR DVD release.

And a single wave requiring four new contracts for older films from multiple studios? UH-uh.

Series 7 reveal countdown starts now. 2 weeks.

Oh snap.

Hey, if Negan, Jesus, or Ezekiel (or any combination of them) are in there, I'm happy. And any zombies are good news. Always love to expand the horde.

I think I need to reread this series and maybe break down and read past the second compendium....

I feel a little lost in here!