UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walking Dead Minimates!

funkguerilla

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I don't follow the show or the comic but I was a fan of the minimates - I'm pretty bummed that I can't find these in NJ and it seems like the option of ordering online is long gone so I'm probably going to stop collecting these :( I was waiting to see if I could find TRU Wave 5 before buying Specialty Wave 5 but ya it's not happening

So is it back to only 2 exclusives from Toysrus?

I'm honestly not sure, haven't seen the full line-up. Possibly.

I don't follow the show or the comic but I was a fan of the minimates - I'm pretty bummed that I can't find these in NJ and it seems like the option of ordering online is long gone so I'm probably going to stop collecting these sad.png I was waiting to see if I could find TRU Wave 5 before buying Specialty Wave 5 but ya it's not happening

I don't normally recommend eBay, but if it means not collecting a line any more, there's a guy offering a set of all four TRU packs for $60 or best offer, plus 7 shipping. And another guy offering it for 60 with free shipping. Search for "walking dead minimates abraham." If you were only getting a couple of sets, or specific figures, there are plenty on offer.

I've thought of the ebay route, problem is I buy at least 2 of each series and if they are this hard to find and this expensive now I can't even imagine what's going to happen going forward

Well, if you're buying two complete sets of each series, those numbers may seem more daunting. But this isn't some new reality, as far as I know -- it seems to be a byproduct of the line-wide reset TRU recently underwent. They may pop up in greater numbers in the future, so you may want to bide your time.

And these are actually out there, so there may be other people on the boards who may be able to help. Scythe said he found some up above, maybe he can still help. The Wants/trades thread surely has people, as well.

Well, if you're buying two complete sets of each series, those numbers may seem more daunting. But this isn't some new reality, as far as I know -- it seems to be a byproduct of the line-wide reset TRU recently underwent. They may pop up in greater numbers in the future, so you may want to bide your time.

And these are actually out there, so there may be other people on the boards who may be able to help. Scythe said he found some up above, maybe he can still help. The Wants/trades thread surely has people, as well.

I sure hope so. WD mates have always been reletivley hard to find. but wave 4 and especially 5 very tough....or I should specify, the LCS variant and TRU Abraham and Eugene (wave 5) and Lori from Wave 4. not impossible....

I sure hope so. WD mates have always been reletivley hard to find. but wave 4 and especially 5 very tough....or I should specify, the LCS variant and TRU Abraham and Eugene (wave 5) and Lori from Wave 4. not impossible....

Well, Luke's has Martinez and the DST site has Lori, but I'm surprised Lori is harder to find than Alice. I believe Alice should be the one-per-case.

I found two sets of Wave 5 so far in NOLA.

Modesfan, a very nice man might be able to help you out!

Hey Zach, can the blurb on the back of the packaging for Carl just be "CARL! CARL! WHERE'S CARL? CARL!"? smile.png

CARL

"Get in the house, Carl."

WINTER ZOMBIE

Survival Tip: When someone tells you to get in the house, get in the house. Even if nobody tells you to get in the house, GET IN THE HOUSE. Unless the house is full of zombies, then get out of the house.

Well, my TRU usually stocks pretty well for most minimates, including the WD exclusives. But they've only put out 1 case of wave 5 and that was well over a month ago, maybe closer to 2. I'm fortunate a friend found them and got us both a complete set. The straggler dupes in the case lasted maybe a day longer.

I'm sure they will show again, but there seems to be a BIG lull in the minimate section now.

Edited by MrClean

Picked up my TRU's last Eugene/Zombie 2-pack since my last one went to a good home.

Imma give like a week and a half to have it up for grabs who really needs it. If it's not called for after the week and half come ms and goes, I'm gonna have to return it to pick up something some friends were looking for.

Lori ended up as the 1 per case in standard cases, I know of a few comic shops that got normal cases and Lori was the varaint, you can also tell by the prices and amount minimate menagerie have as I think they get regular cases too

Edited by winkerbean

Well, Luke's has Martinez and the DST site has Lori, but I'm surprised Lori is harder to find than Alice. I believe Alice should be the one-per-case.

The DST site sells Minimates?

Yeah, that Lori is waaaaay harder to find that Alice. I thought Lori was the variant because I had a hard time tracking her down and when I did finally find her the comic shop had her priced at $6 more than all of the other WD figures. It must be because of that damn Minimate baby then!

By the way, my local Toys R Us is officially out of all Minimates now. I cleared out the last of the Walking Dead 5 wave of the non exclusives to finally complete my set. So hopefully they'll restock and I can help out some others on here.

I'll have to look into what happened with Lori and Alice. Looking at my records, they were supposed to be evenly split. If Lori ended up a rare, that's definitely unfortunate.

And yeah, the DST site sells Minimates. Luke's is still your best source, but if he's ever sold out of something... you should still let him know you want it and give him a chance to get it for you. If it's in our store, he can probably order it. We do offer a limited number of individual two-packs of most series, but some series we only have available as assortments. I actually need to update it.