UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walking Dead Minimates!

funkguerilla

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the Governor, Bruce and Gabe. And Lori/Judith will be an excellent addition to my collection. I was first introduced to The Walking Dead though the TV series; and then I started collecting the Minimates. Although it was cool to get some figures that sort of looked like the characters on the show, I would have preferred to get figures that looked like their TV counterparts. Then I started reading the comic. Oh jeez, so much better than the show. I'm up to Volume 11, and I cannot stop reading it every night. Now these Mates mean so much more to me; I want all of them to resemble their comic counterparts. DST is doing a fantastic job with these - thanks so much, guys! Bring on that Tyreese, too! And is there any chance we might get an Abraham Ford in future waves? Or Maggie?

That's how I was to MasterFisto, now I eagerly await future releases. What issues does volume 11 cover? I'm sure they'll make Abraham, and he'll probably get a chest piece to buff him up, some one on here made a great qc with a Wolverine's torso block (with the tank top) that makes me wonder if he'll get a chest piece.

That's how I was to MasterFisto, now I eagerly await future releases. What issues does volume 11 cover? I'm sure they'll make Abraham, and he'll probably get a chest piece to buff him up, some one on here made a great qc with a Wolverine's torso block (with the tank top) that makes me wonder if he'll get a chest piece.

I think volume 11 ends around issue #60. I am at the point in which Rick, Abraham, Carl and Morgan just came back to Georgia from Kentucky, and they have a herd of roamers in tow. They meet up with Glenn, Maggie, Andrea, Dale and the kids, and they are trying to get Dale to leave the relatively unprotected farm he wants to stay at. Trouble is brewing with Dale, I think.

Anyway, I love the new Mates. And I am hoping that the Governor gets an alternate head (with eyepatch) and arm, like someone else here mentioned. Lori carrying Judith is a great touch; reminded me of the little baby Luke and Leia figures which came out in the Star Wars line several years ago. Also, I am happy to see Alice. And I think that Carol's tied-up zombie may be the best zombie of the bunch. After reading about what happened between Carol and that zombie in volume 8, I am really excited to get that pair - despite the fact that Carol is in her winter gear, instead of the prison jumpsuit.

Any idea if we might see Michonne in her prison jumpsuit? Truth be told, she only wears her "80s" gear for about ten pages in the comic, and then she is seen in the prison jumpsuit for pretty much all the way through the end of volume 11. We are now seeing the third Minimate of Michonne in her MTV gear.

I agree I want Michonne in her prison scrubs more then any other character except maybe Axel, you follow me?! If the Governer we're looking at here has alternative parts they would be fresh wounds, remember he comes back in riot gear. I expect the Dr. Connors treatment for his arm :)

I agree I want Michonne in her prison scrubs more then any other character except maybe Axel, you follow me?! If the Governer we're looking at here has alternative parts they would be fresh wounds, remember he comes back in riot gear. I expect the Dr. Connors treatment for his arm smile.png

Axel would be great, since he was the only "decent" inmate in the prison, and he integrated well into the group. Dr. Connors would be a great template for giving the Governor his amputated arm. Michonne really did a number on the Gov in the comics. I know that DST would never do it, but I would laugh out loud if we could get Michonne (in prison gear) with an electric drill and a poopy spoon! I know, I know - not gonna happen.

You might be able to confirm this zakkatz: the Tyreese we are getting is from the scene in which he was in the back of the truck, outside the prison with the Governor, right? Trying not to drop a spoiler here for anyone who has not read as far as Volume 8 in the comics. But, is that what the Mate is based on?

No actually he's from when he fought with Rick in the prison about killing people. The Rick from the Amazon 4-Pack is the counter part :)

That Tyresse would need riot gear :)

But Ty and Michonne went after the Governor wearing riot gear...I think Ty's shirt maybe was off when he died but I don't know if they took off his pants :/

Ok I just looked and the pants, they're black, the comic is black and white so....who knows? Zach that's who! God that's such a brutal sequence, :( poor Tyreese

I'd say that the Ty we're getting is from his moment with the Gov. During his fight with Rick, he had his shirt on and did not receive as much damage, he's later seen with a small bandage on his face as opposed to Rick's f'ed up noggin. When the Gov had him, his face was all messed up and he had been stripped of his riot gear.

Glenn, Carol and those zombies are the Series 3 TRU exclusives. No new box sets planned.

Need to look at the Vest Zombie closer...

Yeah makes sense, hence the Governor wearing his stuff sad.png duh

Poor Ty sad.png

Actually, the Governor was wearing Rick's stuff in that scene. He showed up in it. And I guess the figure is more based on that moment, but it can certainly pull double duty.

Civilian Tyreese is still available for a future series. Maggie is on our list we want to do. The Governor comes with a second face, I believe.

That is great to hear, that the Guv will have an alternate head (pretty sure he'll have an eye patch)! Thanks for the information, Zach. And I am now pretty sure that the Tyreese Mate is from the scene with the Guv, since the figure comes with his shirt off, and Ty was shirtless when he was in the back of the truck. He was wearing his shirt when he was duking it out with Rick in the prison. Thanks for the confirmation, guys.

Edited by MasterFisto

Man, this is a pretty sweet wave. Two character remakes, but we're still getting Carol, Dexter, Hershel, and Tyreese, as well as one of the more scene-specific zombies. These hit in the Spring, right?

well the glen is with the bald head. so its actually real good. plus the old glenn goes for pricey numbers on evil bay.!

super stoked for a new glen!! most wanted figure

well the glen is with the bald head. so its actually real good. plus the old glenn goes for pricey numbers on evil bay.!

super stoked for a new glen!! most wanted figure

I hear ya there. I had to pay about $25 to get my Glenn off of eBay. And I watched the auctions for weeks, hoping to score a good deal.

There are some really solid waves coming up this Spring and Summer. But I can't help but wonder what we're going to be seeing for the latter part of the year, too. I have read way passed the prison sequence, and I am so curious to hear what figures we might be seeing from later in the story. How about Abraham? He has become quite a prominent character, pretty much taking the place of Tyreese. Maybe even Father Gabriel, or Douglas Monroe? There are plenty of bit characters from the Community which could be made into Mates. I wonder if Zach can shed any light on future waves. Hint, hint.

There's a lot of material left to be mined, but in a recent Q&A, Chuck said there will be 3 waves per year: one for each half season of the show and one over the summer. I expect TRU wave 4 will compliment Wave 4, hopefully with some characters that have been prominent in show and the comic so far. Maggie, Axel, Thomas, and plain clothes Tyreese would each be welcome. Abraham would be cool in Wave 5.

As for Glen (and I hate to be a downer and hopefully this will make people's lives easier), but he's still going to be the TRU exclusive, so he shouldn't be much easier to find than the first one. At best, overall demand for the character will be down, but the numbers and availability won't otherwise be any better.

There's a lot of material left to be mined, but in a recent Q&A, Chuck said there will be 3 waves per year: one for each half season of the show and one over the summer. I expect TRU wave 4 will compliment Wave 4, hopefully with some characters that have been prominent in show and the comic so far. Maggie, Axel, Thomas, and plain clothes Tyreese would each be welcome. Abraham would be cool in Wave 5.

As for Glen (and I hate to be a downer and hopefully this will make people's lives easier), but he's still going to be the TRU exclusive, so he shouldn't be much easier to find than the first one. At best, overall demand for the character will be down, but the numbers and availability won't otherwise be any better.

Well that's pretty cool, getting 3 waves per year. DST has already done a great job of making important characters; at this point the biggest names left (to cover up through the end of the prison arc) are Carl, Maggie, Sophia, Axel, Allen, Billy, and Martinez. Hopefully early characters like Jim still have a chance to sneak into the line!