UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walking Dead Minimates!

funkguerilla

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And...my order got cancelled. And then the inventory went up to 13. :rolleyes:

So I ordered them all to see if I might be able to get any. If it weren't so frustrating, this would be funny.

And now I can't get the one I was trying to order (dropped from my cart). :lol: If you do end up getting 13 of the Lori packs, would you mind helping a fellow out?

I finally gave up pursuing the TRU.com WD wave 2 'issue'...until now ;) .....I tried to make a point & ended up sounding like a dick which in many ways is how I feel after labouring the point I failed in making . I have total respect for Zach & I acknowledge,accept & agree with much if not all of what he's said about where Minimates would be without TRU .

I'll just leave this conundrum ....there are currently 382 Sailor & Legbite zombie sets left at TRU.com . There was a similar amount.....a very similar amount...... listed when I first drew the board's attention to all 4 sets of Wave 2 hitting TRU.com. a while ago.

Make your own minds up about why that particular set remains in those numbers whilst everything else has sold out.....rocket-science it ain't . Would those Michonne sets have been sold out if there hadn't been ....er...a little 'misunderstanding'?

I understand that without TRU exclusives there possibly wouldn't be Minimates....I understand,I really do.....so why go back to the tried & tested & subsequently abandoned business model of the earlier TRU.Marvel waves which shared 2 LCS sets that invariably hung around ?

I managed to get a Lori set today! This was the first time I've ever seen any walking dead Minimates at tru. They had a ton of the zombies and michonnne set but had 1 Lori set and no Morgan sets. So if my order for a Lori set turns out to actually be Lori I may have a set to trade.

Well, my Walking Dead 2 order came today, and I received everything I had ordered (exclusives included :thumbsup: ). Now the bad part. The shipping box was severely damaged and all of the WD boxes suffered either some bad dent or crease. I know most of the blame is probably due to UPS, but TRU.com shares in the fault as well since they didn't include any padding or protection in the box. Needless to say, I gave TRU.com customer service a call and complained. I told them to try to relay this information to both their shippers and warehouse to prevent future issues. I'm sure it will fall on deaf ears, but I tried.

Other than that, these minimates are great.

With the, ahem, annoyance that getting the TRU exclusives has become, the goodness that is rest of the line can get overlooked. I got Wave 2 in from Luke's today, and this is a fun wave. Andrea is my favorite, but there's not a bad 'mate in the bunch. (Granted Michonne's hair needs some work, but by no means a deal breaker.) And a big, big kudos to DST for the character selection in this wave. All of the named characters are women, and that's not something we see happen a lot in the toy world.

Good point Turtle! I hadn't considered the fact that the character selection is mostly or all women , that's rare in the toy world, especially in the action figure world. I guess the fact that the Female leads are so strong in the Walking Dead really helps .

Guess it's time to share my tale of TRU.com. I had placed an order when wave 2 originally hit their website. I had ordered 2 Morgan / Mike sets and 2 Lori / Terry sets. Then somebody here pointed out the UPC code screw up with the Lori and Michonne packs. So to play it safe, I placed I ordered a single Michonne on the side (just in case). Well a week or so passed and I got my shipping notification e-mails. Both orders shipped, but... only half of my initial order had shipped (the Morgan sets went). But the kicker is, they charged me for all four sets. Ugh.... Anyway, I got my stuff in the mail and as I surmised, bothe Morgan / Terry sets arrived and my lone Michonne set turned out to be  Lori / Terry. I have since sent an e-mail to I-Parcel in attempts to cancel the half of my order that did not ship and get a refund to my credit card. Now the waiting game begins.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

I always found i-Parcel really pleasent and good to deal with.

Please let us all (UK'ers) know how you got on in case we find ourselves in a similalar situation.

If you have no joy, PM me and I can give you the direct email of the person who dealt with me.

It may be that he was really good at his job?

I ordered the Morgan and Teri sets two weeks ago. The"Lori" set got cancelled. The"Morgan" set shipped last week and arrived yesterday. Turns out the "Morgan" set was actually Lori all along. Or, they just pulled a random wave 2 set from a bag and shipped it to me.

Anywho, extra Lori set if anyone needs it.

---

The Lori set has been claimed.

Edited by Lobsterman

I don't know what it is about my Toys R' Us, but sometimes they don't have crap, then their game is strong. I went into my TRU last night and they were packed to the teeth with Walking Dead Series 2, Expendables Seies 1 & 2, Halo Series 4 & 5, Universal Monsters, Knight Rider, Minimates Max Vehicles, Warthogs out the bookoo, and Munsters Hurse's. I ended up picking up two extra sets of Morgan and Lori, a clearance Warthog, and the Halo ODST Minimate...

With the, ahem, annoyance that getting the TRU exclusives has become, the goodness that is rest of the line can get overlooked. I got Wave 2 in from Luke's today, and this is a fun wave. Andrea is my favorite, but there's not a bad 'mate in the bunch. (Granted Michonne's hair needs some work, but by no means a deal breaker.) And a big, big kudos to DST for the character selection in this wave. All of the named characters are women, and that's not something we see happen a lot in the toy world.

I agree with this 100%... and I don't even have my sets in from Luke yet. (C'mon, series 48!)

I also really like the amount of female characters we've gotten.

Also, I know maxcarnage posted one like this, but I finally got my stuff in the mail (correct shipment, even!) and wanted to take full advantage:

Michonneminimates_zpsdb985da4.jpg

I also trimmed the top of Michonne's head ever so slightly and it really helps with her hairpiece, I think. Just heat the head up in boiling water to soften the plastic and then use a hobby knife to trim it down. Do a little at a time so you can keep testing the hairpiece to make sure you don't cut too much off and cover her peepers!

Edited by Mystery Man

Michonne looks great MM but be careful with Mike and Terry's arm thingys, if they're like mine they fall of really easy

Edited by zakkatz

Well, heres the rest of my TRU story. Same as everyones, ordered the sets, seen the errors, ordered Michonne hoping for Lori. The Lori that I ordered with Morgan got canceled. So at this point I wasn't sure what I was getting...Lori came up again supposedly correctly this time, so I order a 3rd time. I recieved my shipping notices. Morgan shipped, so did "michonne". The order for lori was processed and ready for pick up by UPS...days pass...recieved Morgan, "michonne" actually turned out to be Lori (yeah!), and my seperate Lori order was still waiting for pickup???

So I ran the tracking number they provided with the USPS, and it actually says its out for delivery...in New York, New York! I live in Wisconsin. :huh:

I call TRU, they put me on hold for like 15 min.,then came back on and said they have know idea where my package is...according to their computer its been waiting in their warehouse for pickup by UPS for a over a week. But they had no idea why the tracking number says its in NY. The package in New York was never delivered apparently, after it says it went for delivery in the am, it was updated at nearly midnight saying delivery status not updated, never seen this before, strange. Anyways I got a refund for Lori, though no future discounts, even though I paid shipping a few times more than I should have. I'm glad TRU carries minimates for us all but what a headache. They really need to get it together a bit better.

This really makes me paranoid about future orders with them...because you all know, we'll order again because we love minimates, and will suffer the trails and tribulations of TRU to get them! :yes:

Edited by mav-man

My TRU.com order finally arrived after 2 weeks. It was Lori, which was relieving.

Stopped by my local Toys R Us. They had gotten wave 2, but all that was left was 2 Michones and 2 Sailor/Leg-Biters.

So if someone would be willing to hook me up with a Morgan set, I'd be greatful. My Have list is linked in my sig, plus my LCS also has a selection of older(mostly Marvel) mates.

Edited by Glantern

If I knew Lori was so hard to find I would've picked up extras!!

It would appear any TRU exclusive WD minimates are hard to find / obtain for most MMMV memebers. Let's hope that when wave 3 hits store shelves/ TRU.com, they are easier to come by. Third times a charm right? Right? Anybody? Ugh....:unsure:

Edited by MINI_MYTE