UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walking Dead Minimates!

funkguerilla

Coming as I do from near the port of Southampton I know all about dock strikes & it used to be the (sad) joke that it was very difficult to tell when the dockers were on strike because very little happened when they weren't on strike. :rolleyes:

I'm not anti-union but sometimes they get a bit big for their boots.

Maybe the strikers should be offered a Hoffa offer.

Unions almost killed the US auto industry. Now lets get down to the docks and load. Maybe Chuck will give us some free swag.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, my poor wallet...

So does this mean that the Amazon 4 pack will delayed til the first or second week of Jan. too?

BHM, I believe they are straight re-issues, this is the second re-issue too.

http://www.artasylum.com/blog/2012/07/ship-date-updates-7/#more-7146

I remember Dst saying that they wanted this to be the wave that the "new to minimates" people can find and get into, so they wanted it to be always available at LCSs.

So does this mean that the Amazon 4 pack will delayed til the first or second week of Jan too?

This was what I was wondering as we'll. I have been checking Amazon daily.

Please, nobody pay $100 for the Series 2 TRU exclusives.

Series 3 is still happening. Should be pretty cool.

Sadly I think it's going to happen... and it's a market that TRU has made intentionally or not.

I understand that TRU has been a good thing for DST & minimates... BUT sometimes it's not so easy to rembember that when you can't get major characters (Yes I'm talking about Glenn and likely Laurie) because they are a store exclusives. Given that TRU.com cancelled most of our orders (the money still hasn't been released by paypal nearly 2 months later.) and brick and mortar stores have spotty distribution and are selling these out faster than we can find them.

T.

Please, nobody pay $100 for the Series 2 TRU exclusives.

Series 3 is still happening. Should be pretty cool.

Sadly I think it's going to happen... and it's a market that TRU has made intentionally or not.

I understand that TRU has been a good thing for DST & minimates... BUT sometimes it's not so easy to rembember that when you can't get major characters (Yes I'm talking about Glenn and likely Laurie) because they are a store exclusives. Given that TRU.com cancelled most of our orders (the money still hasn't been released by paypal nearly 2 months later.) and brick and mortar stores have spotty distribution and are selling these out faster than we can find them.

T.

As someone who missed out on Glenn and Shane, and has only found them online for $40-$50 for the pair, I feel your pain. (Especially over Glenn, my favorite...) I'm not trying to hate on TRU, I've actually had decent luck with them aside from finding the Walking Dead series figures, but seriously these figures were near impossible to track down. I'm assuming it's due to WD's popularity, which is not a bad thing, I figure the more sales the better. However, it still stings doesn't it? Does DST ever reissue more minimates if they are in high demand? I'm new, so I have no idea. But if ever there was a set that needed it, perhaps this might be one? Y'know, since the resale rates are nuts for such new figures? Just wondering lol.

Does DST ever reissue more minimates if they are in high demand? I'm new, so I have no idea. But if ever there was a set that needed it, perhaps this might be one? Y'know, since the resale rates are nuts for such new figures? Just wondering lol.

When the movie Ghostbusters sets sold well they later released a 'Best of' series, so it is possible that they may release Glenn etc again, with subtle differences and/or packed in with someone different to the zombie he was packed with. We can all hope.

That's disappointing I go to the Toys r us here in Canada once a week and still have not got Shane and Glenn. The worst part its been 4 months they haven't had any minimates since the amazing spider-man came out. I don't know why the toyrsus here isn't getting them and we have 3 toysrus stores. An None carry minimates anymore. If im lucky one of the comic stores may get the toysrus exclusives but they sell them for $45, I take it they order them online threw the website or something.

So guess what I found at TRU Burbank today? Walking Dead series 2.

Well, the zombie packs at least. I picked up one for me, but there were at least three others on the shelf (in the video game section for some reason). So if you're looking and you're in the LA area, get yourself to Burbank in a hurry.