UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walking Dead Minimates!

funkguerilla

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me? Or does that girl...

...have a run in her stockings? Why, yes, yes she does. Very observant.

It just looks very similar to Luke's decal.

You know, I was thinking about this last night when my best friend again got in an argument with me about TWD show.

I now know why I don't like it. The characters have no appeal for me, I don't love them. However, I also don't hate them. There is no emotional investment in the show, positive or negative. And for that they committed the unforgivable sin in writing. They made me not care about the characters, either good or bad. I saw half the show and stopped watching because I literally don't care. So it sits bad with me when other people go nucking futs over it, because of the fact of poor writing/plotting/whatever you care to blame, I don't care and therefore don't understand why other people do.

Just a thought.

I haven't seen anyone mention the Morgan figure in the display. He looks pretty nice. I'm glad they went with the later, disheveled version of him. Do we have any idea what set he's in? Is he a TRU figure? A variant?

Also, I wish we could get away from Michonne figures wearing purple and bright pink. I know she appeared like that on a WD cover, but I just never think of her as a character wearing bright, flashy clothing.

Knowing ahead of time absolutely ruins the impact for me. I saw

Lori's death

coming, and it did nothing for me. I didn't see

Tyreese's death or Rick's hand

coming, and they shocked the hell outta me.

There are some things that aren't really spoilers to me, and I like knowing ahead of time to look forward to them (like

Thanos

at the end of Avengers).

But deaths or mutilations

(Carl's headshot)

absolutely are, and I get extremeley pissed off about it.

Knowing ahead of time absolutely ruins the impact for me. I saw

Lori's death

coming, and it did nothing for me. I didn't see

Tyreese's death or Rick's hand

coming, and they shocked the hell outta me.

There are some things that aren't really spoilers to me, and I like knowing ahead of time to look forward to them (like

Thanos

at the end of Avengers).

But deaths or mutilations

(Carl's headshot)

absolutely are, and I get extremeley pissed off about it.

GAH! Why?! WHY did I click the last one?! I was playing Spoiler Russian Roulette and I went one too far! Gah! Stupid stupid stupid...

Is it just me? Or does that girl...

...have a run in her stockings? Why, yes, yes she does. Very observant.

It just looks very similar to Luke's decal.

You know, I was thinking about this last night when my best friend again got in an argument with me about TWD show.

I now know why I don't like it. The characters have no appeal for me, I don't love them. However, I also don't hate them. There is no emotional investment in the show, positive or negative. And for that they committed the unforgivable sin in writing. They made me not care about the characters, either good or bad. I saw half the show and stopped watching because I literally don't care. So it sits bad with me when other people go nucking futs over it, because of the fact of poor writing/plotting/whatever you care to blame, I don't care and therefore don't understand why other people do.

Just a thought.

If you want to care about he characters, you have to invest a little bit more time into it.

What did you give it... 3 or 4 episodes?

TWD is a slow burner, where characters change and develop to almost unrecognisable degrees.

That's the whole point, it's how people change to survive and deal with (or not) the horrors of a zombie apocalypses.

I'm not trying to convert you though.

I just feel it's a shame you don't get the pay offs from TWD that I do... but hey, you've still got MLP for kicks!! :lol:;)

If it makes you feel any better, I spoiled it for myself, too.

I was trying to find pictures from the comics to show my friend who in the TV show looked like their character, and who didn't. When I got to that character, the first picture to pop up in Google was where it happened.

It didn't end the way I thought it would, so that was unexpected, but it happening wasn't a shock. :confused:

Does anyone know if wave 1 Rick comes with a blue set of arms to match his shirt?

I don't believe he does, but then, he comes with a lot of stuff. Either they couldn't fit it on the design sheet, or they couldn't fit it in the package.

NO SPOILERS HERE:

Speaking of spoilers, I HATE SDCC for it this year!

Several shows I follow AFTER they come out on dvd/blu ray, especially anything HBO, Showtime, etc. The damned description for the Dexter panel gives away the most important Dexter spoiler, right there in the SDCC website calendar of events. Everyone looking over that day's schedule and sees the panel description sees the spoiler. FU SDCC!

I immediately went on opening day to see The Dark Knight Rises JUST to be spared any spoilers. Of course I wanted to see it, I had originally planned on seeing it on Monday because I was not going to stop webbrowsing over the weekend!

I stay pretty current on TWD, but didn't know it was out when it was, had to rush to read it before the internet spoiled it for me.

The WD #100 spoiler is: Mickey Mouse steps out of the shower to announce he is alive and that the Marvel Zombies Universe NEVER HAPPENED! It was all a dream!

I feel ya on the spoilers front, When Walking Dead was airing this last season, I had to catch the reair later in the night due to my work schedule. well, they would play exclusive clips of the next week's episode after the first airing so of course before I see the episode that just aired, I see a clip with Carl asking his dad how so&so died....as far as I knew, so&so was still alive

Back to the minimates, are there any pictures yet showing what Dale in winter coat looks like? I'm assuming that the Roamer Zombie packaged with him will be the exact same zombie packaged with normal Dale?