UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walking Dead Minimates!

funkguerilla

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good question. Hopefully we'll get a special B&W con release at some point.

Wouldn't want them to release everything like that though... it'd cost me a fortune.

Agreed! Struggling to keep up with everything as it is.

A con pack would be great. Don't get me wrong, I love these mates, and understand why they are in colour, but when I think of TWD I think of black and white.

The comic is just black-and-white drawings of a full-color world, so these are actually more accurate. (Thanks, Calvin and Hobbes!)

We've discussed b&w versions, not sure if it'll happen.

Completely understand, they'd also look weird next to other mates if they we're all black and white.

Please forgive me if this has been asked and answered elsewhere but will the walkers in this line have clear bodies? I was admiring the added depth of the Marvel Zombies 'mates thanks to that aspect and was hopeful that it would carry over into this line.

The bolt cutters fit into Glenn's backpack. Kinda neat. Has everyone seen the first TRU assortment? Not sure I ever posted it.

I haven't seen the TRU assortment (at least I am pretty sure I haven't).

LOVE Rick with the hatchet!

Please forgive me if this has been asked and answered elsewhere but will the walkers in this line have clear bodies? I was admiring the added depth of the Marvel Zombies 'mates thanks to that aspect and was hopeful that it would carry over into this line.

The sdcc one has a clear body.

That walker looks pretty armless to me!

He comes with a spare.

A lot of them will, we just don't usually make clear prototypes, so it's hard to tell.

A lot of them will, we just don't usually make clear prototypes, so it's hard to tell.

Yeah, that's why I figured I should ask. I actually don't recall EVER seeing a prototype that was clear (maybe an Iceman?) but it's always been a pleasant surprise when it shows up in production, particularly when it's used this effectively. :thumbsup:

AFX has a preorder for the 2nd series up with a small image. Lori's shown but isn't mentioned in the solicit, whereas Michonne's mentioned but unseen. Andrea's in there with Amy as the variant which is pretty genius. Can't wait to see what the rest of this assortment's going to look like, though if Lori, Michonne, and Andrea are all in, kudos on a solid wave of female characters!

Edited by lemonfreshviper22

Test shots for ogling:

wdpromo.jpg

Wow, just wow. I am throwing money at the screen but nothing's happening. Really like the new gun holster Glenn has, is that hat attached to the hair piece?

Wouldn't you say Carl is the 2nd most important character after Rick? I want a Carl minimate with Sheriff Hat and possibly some bandages,maybe for a variant. My point is, Carl should get made sooner than later, right?

I can do a quick custom using Young Logan from Wolvie Thru Ages set and put on a cowboy hat, but I want the real deal!

I don't see Carl surviving the show much longer. The actor is growing up noticeably faster than his onscreen counterpart. The best way to address that is to kill him off.

But I'll buy every Walking Dead Minimate DST wants to throw at me so I'm not really picky.

MisterPL

these mates are based on the comics, so i doubt show popularity has much to do with it.

though im sure we will see a Daryl mate pretty soon now that he is coming into the comics.

Im thinking Michonne or the Governor are the next most important/recognizable characters after Rick

Is it possible we'll see a Carl 'accessory'... similar to the Thundercats Snaft?

That's one way to get around the hight issues.

Can anyone remember if the father & son (god know's what they were called) prototypes had articulation for the kids?