UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Charitymates 6

Punisher

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

things have been crazy with this move we are trying to accomplish, buyers have backed out at the last minute then we had to start litigation, now we are scrambling as the buyers are back on, we are supposed to fly out on the 10th now anyway, i have Anubis 80% done and should be able to finish him by the deadline but i wont be making Ra.

• 2 weeks later...

A'ight. I'm done. This year I decided to go with 'less is more', so I will only be doing a single custom this time around.

Hel. Norse Mythology.

Mistress of Helheim, goddess of the underworld, daughter of Loki. I'll write up a bio later. I think I'm pretty much done. I may include a skull or owl if I can figure out how. Her helmet is designed after an owl, the symbol of death in the ancient world.

post-51-0-32118900-1342586182_thumb.jpg

post-51-0-00227600-1342586190_thumb.jpg

post-51-0-36170000-1342586195_thumb.jpg

Can we extend the deadline on this? I won't have mine finished in time to have it arrive by the end of the month, and I am guessing several other people are in the same boat. I still really want this event to be a success.

I have been wondering the same thing. Instead of just extending the date, should we reschedule it altogether to late in the year (maybe September or October) and relaunch it to gain more interest? Interest seems very low this year and I don't know if it's that people are too busy, the theme isn't one that people can relate to or get excited about, or if it's lack of leadership. If it's the latter, I don't know if that falls on me or if it's a case of no one person handling everything that it's a little disjointed. If anything, I think it needs a little more discussion to gain t he proper direction.

I'm OK with the extension or rescheduling. I know my summer has gotten away from me and I'm way far behind on customs I wanted to get done this year.

First we should see if people are still interested in completing a custom, then we can figure out rescheduling.

Still interested: yes.

Need an extension: of course.

:whistling:

If we reschedule, we should probably keep in mind when the next Custom Con deadline is (usually early to mid November) so people doing customs for that don't overcommit. However, I think I'd be more in favor of just pushing the deadline a couple weeks rather than months, just to be fair to people who got their stuff done on time.

I would greatly welcome an extension of a month. I have been stuck on second shift for the last 9 months and it has really jammed me up big time. But, I literally started day work today and our schedule ( me and the wife) should be freed up greatly since we aren't cramming everything in on the weekends ( my usual customizing time)

I am also waiting on some parts to show up, I'm getting pretty funky with these two.

I would greatly welcome an extension of a month. I have been stuck on second shift for the last 9 months and it has really jammed me up big time. But, I literally started day work today and our schedule ( me and the wife) should be freed up greatly since we aren't cramming everything in on the weekends ( my usual customizing time)

I am also waiting on some parts to show up, I'm getting pretty funky with these two.

Ps. I'm glad someone else asked for an extension. I was hoping for one

I'm speaking hypothetically Dino, i don't speak for the whole board ;)

Just a thought if the majority are at a stump due to the theme.

I think it's just been overshadowed by SDCC, new lines, and just the time to get it done. For me, I wouldn't be able to change, I've got about $30 put into my stuff already, so I'm not able to change, unless I can slap a cape on my Krampus :-)