UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Playmates TMNT Classics

Punisher

:woot:

TMNT-Classics-Michelangelo_1328116014.jpg

TMNT-Classics-Leonardo_1328116014.jpg

TMNT-Classics-Donatello_1328116014.jpg

TMNT-Classics-Raphael_1328116014.jpg

I am SO excited for these. The TMNT cartoon was before my time, but I practically grew up on my older brother's VHS tapes, and i've got pretty much the entire series on DVD.

I have the NECA ones w/ painted bandannas, and while the neca sculpts are far more superior, THESE are my Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!

My only complaint is that they all have serious facial expressions. Don and Mikey and the very least should be relaxed or smiling. The articulation looks real good, especially from Playmates. I hope the final products look just as good.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the NECA ones with painted bandannas as well and these will not replace them in my collection or my heart.

But if Playmates wants to make Shedder, Splinter, April, Casey Jones, and if these are actually based on the original cartoon and not just ‘classic’ styled figures BeBop, Rocksteady, and Krang in this style I’ll throw money at them like no ones business.

Articulated Fingers!

A friend of mine sent me a link to this article on topless robot today with these and the stuff for the new cartoon coming in the fall. They may not be able to replace the original figures I got when I was a kid (and of course still have) but I think these all look great. I'm holding out hope that the new show might be not crappy too, as now I have a nephew. I'd love it if he could grow up with an awesome TMNT cartoon and toys to go along with it like I did when I was little. I am absolutely grabbing the classic figures for myself, but to be able to get the figures from this new show as the show goes, to enjoy the show, to be able to play Ninja Turtles with my nephew? That'd be pretty outstanding.

Plus have you seen that giant play set they're making for the show? I don't think holy crap really describes it at all.

Edited by The Geohound

If they do more than just the 4 classic turtles, I might jump on board for the classics line. I loved the original TMNT line. The different characters were pretty cool and fun to collect, but were hampered by sucky articulation. The classics line has obviously addressed that. :)

If they crank out a Shredder and Casey I can make intoproper Mirage iterations I'll buy them. I have my NECA turtles and that’s all Ineed. I never cared for the 80's cartoon version. All things said though, they look good and have some nice artic.

Radical! These look great! I love my NECA turtles, and the old school Playmates figures and these would be awesome to add to my collection! Like Battlecat said, the NECA are the perfect Mirage turtles, these look like the perfect 80s toon turtles.

It's good to see Playmates trying to keep up with articulation (finally). Hopefully this means the toys for the new Nick show will be good too.

EDIT: I just checked out that other link. The toys for the new show look AWESOME! I'm so excited for TMNT! The turtles look fantastic and that playset is massive!

Edited by nate_studio

There's already an interview up! The packaging looks terrific.

http://www.mtv.com/videos/interview/730257/toy-fair-2012-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-classic-action-figures.jhtml

(Pay no attention to the crappy editing on MTV's part. The "storage shell" feature is clearly for the modern figures.)

And they know how much potential this line has. I'm excited.

No joke, I really, really like these. I watched more than a few episodes of the old cartoon and these look spot-on indeed. Still not sure if I'll actually get them (I don't collect this scale) but DAMN, those are some beautiful prototypes.

Articulated Fingers!

A friend of mine sent me a link to this article on topless robot today with these and the stuff for the new cartoon coming in the fall.

I was about to mention that article myself.

IDW's licensing issues on the TMNT series finally got resolved so my LCS finally got me the first six issues of their series. It's really re-sparked my interest in the franchise and I'm probably going to get the 2012 figures upon release (I have to admit, I like the idea of Mikey with a Karma and Chain, though that comes from a life time interest in martial arts weapons that in turn was sparked by the Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles), as well as maybe the classics - if I have the space for them :P

I'll probably pick these up. I skipped the NECA ones. Why? Because they were black and white and/or all had red bandanae. NOT the Turtles I knew from my childhood, when I dressed up as Michaelangelo for consecutive Halloweens and would carry schoolbags full of the bastards to school and would play fight against "Rocksteady" and "Bebop" on the playground.

These are what I wanted. Hopefully the quality won't be garbage like Playmates' Terminator and Star Trek stuff.

Edited by karamazov80

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My LCS ordered 12 cases of the Classics figures but Diamond only delivered one, so just 45 minutes after they opened there were only a couple left with bad QC. :sad: They looked like good figures anyway, if you can find some that don't have bad paint. Hope my store gets the rest of their order filled next week...