UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Minimate Stands and Display Items

A water base would be awesome, but I can see it awesome in two separate ways.

One would be someone bursting up from underwater.

The other would be a small or large tidal wave type thing with a peg on top for them to stand on and basically surf the thing into shore.

The second would be my favorite, especially if you get some whales or sharks or whatever to put behind it so it's kind of leading an army.

Sadly, I think I'm trying specifically to make something cool for Aquaman in my head here.

That's wrong, isn't it?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was actually considering a water base, but I wasn't sure if anyone else would be interested in it.

Water is my favorite classic element, so I'd be up for it. I'd love to see something I can use for...

A water base would be awesome, but I can see it awesome in two separate ways.

One would be someone bursting up from underwater.

The other would be a small or large tidal wave type thing with a peg on top for them to stand on and basically surf the thing into shore.

He said it better than I did, so second, though perhaps a third option would be something for a water based character like Hydroman rocketing off the ground with pressurized water. And because Hydroman based one wouldn't really work for the rest of most people's collection, perhaps do it in a way so if molded in different colours like white, tan and red/orange it could be used for Ice, Sand and Fire. On the topic of fire, as a fan of Nova, I'd love to see some kind of take off stand for him, maybe even a red/orange variant of the one you did before with perhaps more of a firey base. I also think a thunder stand could be possible but how escapes me at the moment.

I actually thought of one more.

A big shocwave base piece for Iron Man and the like who do ground pounds whenever they land really fast.

Maybe as a flat center part and then a few wave radiating outward and bigger as they go.

It might be Lind of large though.

Why am I only coming up with huge epic-like things?

Oh Luke, I'm not quite sure if you knew the floodgates you'd be opening here....

I quite like the suggestion of a throne that could be used for Loki or Doom. Might I also suggest a meeting table with a big stylized "A" on it? I'm not sure where I got that idea from, mind you.... ;)

Might I also suggest a meeting table with a big stylized "A" on it? I'm not sure where I got that idea from, mind you.... ;)

No, no... we wouldn't want to step on copyrighted material. That could get Luke in trouble.

But if he happened to make a meeting table and set of chairs, and then if someone else just happened make a set of decals that happened to put a stylized letter on that table, or maybe cheveron styled shield, that would be awsome. And maybe some logos/emblems of prominent heroes to personalize the chairs. That be nice too. Or at least made those images available for download, you know, out of the goodness of their heart.

I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'.

I just placed an order with Shapeways for printing a new stand that I designed in 3D Studio Max (one that has not been mentioned in this thread yet ;) ).

Also, someone on another board mentioned a Magneto base with pipes and pieces of metal coming out of the ground around him. Is that something you guys would be interested in?

I just placed an order with Shapeways for printing a new stand that I designed in 3D Studio Max (one that has not been mentioned in this thread yet ;) ).

Also, someone on another board mentioned a Magneto base with pipes and pieces of metal coming out of the ground around him. Is that something you guys would be interested in?

i was actually going to suggest this myself but i thought it'd be too specific, but if you have it in mind id buy one or more for sure :D

if you do do a magneto base i suggest including a way to attach other minimate accessories made out of metal (cap shield, cerebro helmet, etc)

• 2 weeks later...

hey Luke, I ordered and received 1 each of the ice sled and blast off stands last week (really fast shipping btw) and just wanted to let you know how awesome they are! I am extremely happy with them and will be purchasing more soon. :biggrin: Great job!

I'd also like to throw my hand up in favor of the Magneto base, BAMF stand, the crater and a rooftop...hell, who am i kidding? I'd take everything mentioned :lol: can't wait to see what you've got coming up.