UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Fantastic Four idea

Valo487

I know I love new characters, especially villains. And we all know DST loves to rerelease big name characters, and often times we have to buy a big name character (in a jacket) to get a character we want, especially with villains, who almost never got packed together. But tonight I had a thought, that makes us AND them happy. At least until someone says I'm wrong.

Two box sets. Fantastic Four vs. The Frightful Four.

1- The Thing and Mr. Fantastic with Hydro-Man and Titania

2- Human Torch and Invisible Woman with Thinker and Trapster.

I think this is a win-win. They can put out the Fantastic Four in the blue and white uniforms which we haven't had before, and we get three new villains, and a new look for Hydro-Man. There's a woman in each set so they don't have to worry about running off boys with too many girls, and the two most popular FF characters headline their own set.

Granted, would I rather just buy one set with just the Frightful Four? Definitely. Do I think they would ever make one? Not at all.

I've gotten used to the idea that to get new villains we have to buy certain heroes a lot, but I think this approach would make almost everybody happy. I know I'd buy them both, and I'm not even a huge Fantastic Four fan, but I love new villains. Thoughts?

That's true, I went with Titania over Medusa because I saw several people on the board asking for her, and felt like Medusa has more potential on her own, but I could be completely wrong on that. And Dragon Man would be awesome, but I was trying to throw a bone to people who missed out on Hydro-Man, I remember people saying they wanted him to come out again.

But believe me, if they made the switches you suggested, I would still buy both and would be completely happy about it. I don't prefer my lineup to yours, both are solid, I just wanted to explain my reasoning.

Hmmmm.

I like the idea.

We can put the F4 in their black/blue and white costumes. The question then becomes which Frightful Four? The wingless Wizard and the Trapster are considered mainstays of the group. Though really, it all comes down to which three henchman the Wizard wants to use for the job. Medusa, Sandman, Llyra, Electro, Klaw, Dragon Man, Thundra, Brute, Hydro-man, Titania... they've all been members. i can't think of a lineup I'd be unhappy with. An F4 reboot is in the works, maybe that summer.

Dragon Man could def happen soon because he's in current Future Foundation comic. Do you want Hydro Man because he's harder to find or because his mate needs to be remade. I really like the current Hydro Man mate, I think I switched in different hair, but no complaints. I want new characters and costumes first before almost any/all remakes; especially considering how DST needs to have major characters in every wave, so you only get so many slots to even have villains.

I love this idea as long as DST completes the same Fantastic Four team. I could easily see them throwing in a different team/costume version in the second box set, just to get us to scour TRU to finish each one.

I would also appreciate non-powered versions of Sue and Johnny (Ben too, for that matter) in whichever/each costume we get. I am still waiting for a Future Foundation TRU 2-pack with a non-invisible Sue and Doctor Doom. :thumbsup:

Edited by Onyx_6

I agree WookieFodder, I'd rather have a new character than a remake every time, I just felt like DST would probably go for a Spider-Man villain over Living Laser, but that's not what I would want. When I was thinking about this, I was trying to use "DST logic" when laying it out a bit, but I agree with you, I'd rather have four all new villains anytime.

As far as prospective teams of unmade Villains go...

Brotherhood or gtfo! *Shakes Fist*

Naw, naw... I'm kidding. I know everyone has different tastes in comic book franchises. And I won't begrudge anyone wishing for any new minimate characters. I buys them all, so... the more the merrier.

But still, there is a hint of truth behind the joke. :P

We need more Minimate monkeys.

YES!

There was a tradition during the golden & silver age of comics of having monkeys & apes on comic covers, even if they weren't in the story at all. This tradition should continue with minimates, with at least one monkey or ape in EACH line! Continuing with Boyd's suggestion of super apes, we need a Zombie monkey and a pirate monkey. And the Sony line should continue with Ape Escape.

We need more Minimate monkeys.

YES!

There was a tradition during the golden & silver age of comics of having monkeys & apes on comic covers, even if they weren't in the story at all. This tradition should continue with minimates, with at least one monkey or ape in EACH line! Continuing with Boyd's suggestion of super apes, we need a Zombie monkey and a pirate monkey. And the Sony line should continue with Ape Escape.

I know it's a completely unrelated license... but I would inhale classic Planet of the Apes minimates.

Zaius & Zira

Taylor & Nova

Corneilius & Gorilla Soldier

Variant: Ceaser & Gorilla Soldier

lolz...

New movie did good. Timing could be about right. Or around the sequel everyone knows they're moving forward with.