UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TV Shows We Would Like Minimates For

I was reading several posts today and decided I would start one to voice my interest in getting classic television series characters made in minimate form.

I would like to see "The Dukes of Hazard". The mates could be arranged in a few boxed sets: 1) Bo and Luke with the General Lee, 2) Boss Hog and Cleetus with Boss' convertable, 3) Daisy Duke and Uncle Jesse with Daisy's Jeep, 4) Roscoe & Enus with a police car.

Next I would like to see "Stargate SG1". Col O'Neill, MAJ Carter, Dr. Jackson and Teal'c could be one box set, then GEN Hammond, Dr. Fraiser, Bra'tac & Walter could be a second box set. Then they could make Teal'c in Jaffa attire, Gen O'Neill, COL Carter & COL Mitchell as a third box set. Then to round it out a fourth box set could be Gen Landry, Vala, Ra and Anubis. There could be a fifth box set of four different Jaffa Warriors all with the different headdresses that were shown on the show.

Next would be "CHiPs": Ponch & John in a box set with Minimate motorcycles, then you could do a box set of four of the major supporting characters: SGT Getraer, Officer Barry Baricza, Officer Bonnie Clark & Harlan Arliss (he was the Mechanic).

A Boxed set of the Classic TV series "Land of the Lost" would be nice. Would be Rick Marshall, his son, Will, and his daughter, Holly, & Cha-ka. That would be enough for me.

"Otherworld" is a long forgotten television show but I would like to see minimates in a boxed set of five figures and then a single two-pack. The boxed set would be the Sterling Family, Hal, June, Trace(son), Gina (daughter), & Smith (youngest son). The two-pack would be Kommander Kroll & Lt. Zero. I just think they would be great to have in any form be it minimate or standard action figure size.

"M*A*S*H" would be a series I would love to see Minimates make. Several two packs could come from this. 1)BJ & Hawkeye, 2)Hot Lips & Frank Burns, 3)COL Potter & Klinger, 4)COL Blake & Radar, 5)Trapper John & Winchester, 6) Father Mulcahy & Nurse Kelly Yamato. Could do a chaser figure of Klinger in a dress and could include a way to have parts of jeep included in each package that could be assembled for a Jeep to represent the Jeep that Radar shipped home in peices.

"Doctor Who" is a series that could be successful in minimate form and would provide a lot of options for figures. I would like all the doctors and their companions in mate form as well as the major bad guys.

I think all of these television series are worthy of minimates. I know some of you don't agree but this is where you can drop your ultimate Minimate TV series Wish-List.

I would also like to see "The A-Team", "The Munsters", "The Addams Family" and believe it or not but I would like to see "The Flintstones". However I am always for more Star Trek minimates. I would really like to see the shuttlecraft from TOS still get made because we got a teaser for it. However, I would like to see TNG and DS9 Mates made because I am really wanted to complete the crews of each. VGER mates would be cool as well because Neelix would be an interestign mate. (as Quark would be for DS9)

Edited by Captain Paco

Golden Girls

I'd really like 'Mates for Game of Thrones. Sure, it's a book series, but it has intense popularity with the HBO show now, and we all love fantasy/medieval designs right? I could really go for some How I Met Your Mother, but they're rather generic.

Pan Am could be interesting, with the old '60s designs and Flight Attendant suits, and I would absolutely KILL for American Horror Story, but those are the most generic of the three.

K, i'll go back to "I wish generic people were good sellers"-land...

How about neo-classic TV shows?

SYFY had a "Highlander the series" marathon day last week. And I remembered how much I enjoyed that show. So minimates of the characters from the first movie and then the series, pretending as I do that the other 4 films never happened, and that will be a good thing IMO. Conner, Duncan, Methos, Joe the Watcher, Amanda the thief, Remeirez, some of the best beheading-of-the-week bad guys. Lot of period costume variant possiblities. And hey... minimate head are already removable for those all important quickenings.

And while we're talking sindicated fantasy series, the Hercules and Xena franchises are old enough now to start hitting the serious nostalgia point. Think of the fun armybuilder possibilities!

(quick side story, my brother and I did a lot of stage work and theater, and because we had taken courses in stage combat and physical comedy falls, it someone needed to fall prone to the floor, or down a flight of stairs, we got the calll. So at one point he looks at me and says he's going to New Zeland and try to get work being one of the guys Sorbo knocked around. Ticket there proved too expensive. Not sure if it's still on his bucket list)

"Farscape"- no scif-fi show in the last decade or so tried harder to be different in both story and visuals. The character designs rocked and the writing and acting was always strong... wierd on occassion, but strong.

And yeah, the "Stargate SG1" and "Atlantis" franchises. Lot's of humanoid characters, armybuilders galore. A few set pieces, like Gates, DHD's. Could be fun stuff.

And as others have said, I'd love classic "A-Team" , with some vehicls, one of which should be some kind of assult tank kitbashed out of a lawn tractor

I'd love a set of Sam and Al "Quantum Leap" minimates too.

I would burn a spy for some "Burn Notice" Minimates, or any action figures of that show.

Seconded. I would be happy with a box set of Fiona, Mike's mom,, Jesse and Sam. Put Michael in a vehicle set with his car (possibly a repaint of KITT would work) and we'ld be set.

I would also like mates of the new Hawaii 5-O, the US version of Being Human, Chuck, The Pretender (Jarod, Sydney, Mrs. Parker and Gibbs), Firefly and classic Power Rangers.

And, of course, Smallville. But I think there are whole threads devoted to why that will not work ;)

Cartoons like Simpsons and Futurama

Disney(technically movies)-which owns Marvel

Looney Tunes (owned by Warner Bros,could happen if DC ever came back)

Adult Swim

Cartoony Versions of Star Trek

and...

90s X-Men and Spiderman Cartoons (A loophole for more minis?)

thanks for bringing up not having Firefly (a%^#*@!)

I would burn a spy for some "Burn Notice" Minimates, or any action figures of that show.

Seconded. I would be happy with a box set of Fiona, Mike's mom,, Jesse and Sam. Put Michael in a vehicle set with his car (possibly a repaint of KITT would work) and we'ld be set.

I would also like mates of the new Hawaii 5-O, the US version of Being Human, Chuck, The Pretender (Jarod, Sydney, Mrs. Parker and Gibbs), Firefly and classic Power Rangers.

And, of course, Smallville. But I think there are whole threads devoted to why that will not work ;)

Ohh, I can see it!

Michael with Brennen

Sam with Anson (also available Chuck Finley variant)

Jesse with Carla

Fiona with Madeline

4-Pack Mission

Michael(dark suit), Fiona(dress), Agent Pearce, and Vaughn.

Add to the list Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Dexter, Sherlock, and Legend of the Seeker.

Cartoons would best suit the strengths of Minimates. And there, the door is wide open with Hanna Barbara, Saturday Morning stuff, '80s glorified commercial fare, etc.

Regarding live action, even fantasy/sci-fi TV shows and movies with relatively colorful characters fail to hit the mark with Minimates (Marvel movie-mates, BSG). So, my preference would be for your more iconic looking live action characters that could be instantly recognizable and desirable at a glance (i.e., what Ghostbusters, Back to the Future, and the Man with No Name Minimate are). In live action TV, number one with a bullet would be the Muppet Show, though heavy sculptage would be required. I think Happy Days could maybe possibly sorta kinda be one of those licenses (but it would depend on how the 'Mates came out). Pee-Wee's Playhouse could be one of the biggest things to ever happen to Minimates, though again, lots of sculptage. Then maybe Honeymooners, Twilight Zone, Mystery Science Theater (again, sculptage), Saturday Night Live with its various characters. Specific character that might work (though I don't think entire series would be warranted) would be Alf and Bill Cosby with Cosby sweater. I would buy Minimates from the Wire, but I doubt anyone else would.

Edited by karamazov80

LOST. LOST. LOST. LOST. LOST. LOST.

I also second Burn Notice, Game of Thrones, Firefly/Serenity (I know it's a movie, but still, it'd allow for a few more figures or costume variants and might as well be in the same line), MMPR, Chuck & Dexter.

Maybe take over from the "Palz" with X-Files & Buffy.

I'd rather have comic versions, but Walking Dead would be cool, too.

Scrubs would be cool, especially since people who didn't care for the show might still get them to have doctor Minimates.

Fringe would go nicely with X-Files. Each "plain clothes" character could come with a Fringe Event victim (same for X-Files - match up a suit with a paranormal figure; or Buffy, plain clothes guy/gal packed with a monster).

The problem with Big Bang Theory (not because I hate it) and How I Met Your Mother (which I absolutely LOVE), is it's just "generic people in t-shirts & jeans (and one suit, lol)." At least with Burn Notice or Dexter or the FBI/CIA people, you can get cool accessories like guns, knives, briefcases, bloody variants, monsters (for X-Files & Buffy, Fringe, to a lesser extent), etc. Granted, 24 wasn't the biggest seller, but as much as I love HIMYM, I'd rather get some more 24 'Mates instead.

I agree that HIMYM mates would look pretty boring, however I still think Big Bang Theory has some potential if only due to the recognizability factor. They may all be in t-shirts and jeans, but if you've seen the show then you'd know how weird and brightly-colored their outfits actually look at a distance. I'm still drawing a blank at accessories, though. Laptops, maybe? Paintball guns? Comic books? (A minimate-sized Roommate Agreement would be hysterical.)

Going back on topic, I wouldn't mind Gilligan's Island or Mr Bean mates. Heck, let's go crazy with the comedy minimates: Three Stooges, Monty Python, Top Gear (that counts as comedy, right? :tongue: )

Edited by NorthRaider

Unfortunately, I think the time for movie and tv Minimates has most likely passed. They made a lot of sense when they were being carried by Suncoast/FYE, but without a natural partner like that, I don't think most movie and tv properties are strong enough to get the kind of retail orders needed to make production. It's a shame, because I do think there's an audience out there for cult-y things (remember, Desperately Seeking Susan is actually one of DST's bigger successes, because Urban Outfitters ordered a bunch), but comic book stores and Toys R Us ain't it. <_<

For the sake of argument, though, my choice? Fringe. Two box sets, one for "here" and one for "over there". Box one: Olivia, Peter, Walter, Astrid; box two: Faulivia, Walternate, Lincoln Lee, and Broyles. I realize, if you don't watch the show, that's probably gibberish. :biggrin:

For the sake of argument, though, my choice? Fringe. Two box sets, one for "here" and one for "over there". Box one: Olivia, Peter, Walter, Astrid; box two: Faulivia, Walternate, Lincoln Lee, and Broyles. I realize, if you don't watch the show, that's probably gibberish. :biggrin:

For a Minimate I'd go with alternate Astrid over Walternate, just because she looks more substantially different. Then William Bell in an exclusive 2-pack with Gene the cow. Oh and for an SDCC promo, a bronze version of the Ghostbusters Statue of Liberty mate! :)

I would love a line of classic shows like:

- Three's Company

- Happy Days

- Andy Griffith Show. (Exclusive B&W Andy and Barney)

- Laverne & Shirley (Lenny & Squiggy mates!!!)

- Taxi

- Happy Days

Basically any of the TV Land /Nick @ Nite staples. You could even get some vehicles out of these:

Taxi with Latka, Police car with Sheriff Andy, Motorcycle with Fonzi.

How about a few waves based on popular classic SNL characters?

Like:

Beldar Conehead

Spartan Spirt Cheerleaders

Mary Katherine Gallagher

John Belushi's Samurai

Wayne and Garth :buttrock:

And maybe a few of the best 2000's characters:

Junice Merrel

D*ck In A Box Guys

Gilly

Stefon

MacGruber

And of course, if DST then has the NBC license, then we'll have to get 30 Rock, Parks & Rec, The Office, and Community. :thumbsup:

I'd like to see:

Red Dwarf

Primeval, I'd be happy with a Connor & Abby two pack with a Rex accessory

Warehouse 13

Stargate SG1

Terra Nova

Naruto

Thundercats, classic and new

To go with Knight Rider, I need Airwolf and Street Hawk. I'd also like to get the Knight Rider reboot Ford Mustang Kitt not that I ever watched the series.

This post asked what we'd like to see and not what would make the most money. If they want to make money, sell out (really who cares?) and make Sports Minimates, you think NBA, NFL, MLB wouldn't sell? -Sports is a TV show

What I really want is Maurice Moss from The IT Crowd played by Richard Ayoade.IT Crowd is on netflix if you've never seen it.

and Red Dwarf for sure.

I would love a line of classic shows like:

- Three's Company

- Happy Days

- Andy Griffith Show. (Exclusive B&W Andy and Barney)

- Laverne & Shirley (Lenny & Squiggy mates!!!)

- Taxi

- Happy Days

Basically any of the TV Land /Nick @ Nite staples. You could even get some vehicles out of these:

Taxi with Latka, Police car with Sheriff Andy, Motorcycle with Fonzi.

I know. How about Happy Days? :whistling:

Lexx had lots of visually distinctive characters but probably not enough of a following to sell enough mates to be worth it.