UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Hello everyone, I thought,after years of hanging around the multiverse, it was time to join up, I live in England with my partner, I'm a foster carer and fan of comic books, novels, video games, animation and black comedy. I'm a relatively long time collector (I started near the inception of the marvel line), and generally collect comic book lines, I also dabble in other lines from time to time, I absolutely adore minimates and besides marvel universe figures they are the only toyline I buy. I look forward to meeting and conversing with everyone here.

Welcome aboard champ, get involved!

Trinity of retreads... Deadpool? Not sure about that.

We got a box set of 4 if you count headpool 5 deadpools. He might have different outfits in all of his appearances but i i couldn't find a better word for it at the time. What about this: "Trinity of M.W.M.R."(minimates with most releases) You could swap dp with cap.

Edited by Kostisfire

So, Is this still 'Welcome to the Multiverse' I mean it says you've lurked for years? :unsure: I guess that could work right?

It's great you are a Marvel fan, i'll be honest even though Marvel takes priority on my Minimates Wants list i don't know enough about the characters histories to write about them in Minimate form, but i've always liked the comics when i have read them.

Now you've dipped your toe in might as well dive in hey?

I hope you make alot of friends and enjoy yourself here in the community.

In friendship

Rich

Welcome aboard champ, get involved!

Trinity of retreads... Deadpool? Not sure about that.

We got a box set of 4 if you count headpool 5 deadpools. He might have different outfits in all of his appearances but i i couldn't find a better word for it at the time. What about this: "Trinity of M.W.M.R."(minimates with most releases) You could swap dp with cap.

only one of those was actually Deadpool, but yeah... you'd have to swap him with Cap, or Iron Man, or Hulk, or Thor? perhaps Cyclops?

anyway, that's not the point of this here thread now.

Thanks for the warm, and humorous in some instances, welcomes everyone. And I guess I'm implicit in the retreads thing, I go out of my way to get spidey and wolvie variants (boo hiss lol) anyway I digress, and while marvel comics are my first port of call I'm also well versed in DC, Dark Horse, and Image, as well as a host of smaller indie publishers like cartoon books, fantagraphics and mirage.

do you have a favourite hero and villain from DC & Marvel?

Are they reflective of your favourite minimate figures as well? :)

Well good, if you'v lurked for a while then you know who's naughty and nice. If you would though, can you pass a message back to lurker's corner when you head back to finish getting your stuff? They really need to change the air fresheners over there. There's a... lockerroom-esque funk that starting to be noticible from even this far in. Either that or Dinobutt has forgotten to shower for a few days again.

do you have a favourite hero and villain from DC & Marvel?

Are they reflective of your favourite minimate figures as well? :)

Well I'm quite a fan of underdogs, so Marvel wise my fave heroes would be AOA Blink, Gravity and Nate Grey (X-Man) and villains are Xorn/magneto, Holocaust/nemesis and Mr sinister (quite X-Men-centric I know)

Dc wise heroes: Nightwing, Superboy (post crisis, pre new 52) and Booster Gold. Villains, Deathstroke, Cyborg (Hank Henshaw) and Darkseid.

I'd love to say they are reflected in my minimate collection, but out of all of them I only have Blink (which I got scalped on),Booster and Cyborg, I wasn't blown away with the DC 'mates so I cherry picked quite a bit and with the marvel side I just have limited funds, I do have the AOA Sinister to complete my AOA collection though.

Awesome selections, I only recently got Mr.Sinister in my Minimates and he's one of the real standouts, Minimates in general i've always thought for their own small stature are actually high quality figures, i know some people have had some QC issues but unless i've missed a massive batch of bad ones compared to the QC issues plaguing other lines i've always been really impressed with them.

It would of been nice to see Doomsday in Minimate form, i've checked the database and he doesn't seem to of been made. :confused:

Something like this>

2520941351_b590277188.jpg

But just scaled down would of been perfect. :tongue:

Awesome selections, I only recently got Mr.Sinister in my Minimates and he's one of the real standouts, Minimates in general i've always thought for their own small stature are actually high quality figures, i know some people have had some QC issues but unless i've missed a massive batch of bad ones compared to the QC issues plaguing other lines i've always been really impressed with them.

It would of been nice to see Doomsday in Minimate form, i've checked the database and he doesn't seem to of been made. :confused:

Something like this>

2520941351_b590277188.jpg

But just scaled down would of been perfect. :tongue:

Doomsay would have been an awesome 'mate, I'm still annoyed that only 2 of the death/return of superman characters got "mated", I would have loved an eradicator, superboy and black suited superman too.

In terms of Q.C. Issues, I've had a few myself, to left arms, two left hands, two right legs with one tampo'd back to front, loose joints, warped blasty stands, paint errors etc...... But I don't let it put me off, honestly if I could go back in time and tell my 15 year old self that one day there would be such a wide and varied range of figures as minimates I think my little head would have popped.

If I could chose any characters I wanted to be "mated" I'd go with gravity, x-man, xorn, onslaught, more AOA characters (colossus, iceman, mikhail, abyss, havok) and Invincible.