UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

BEST CUSTOMS of 2011

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks and congrats to everybody. Glad you like it.

I hope you noticed the percentage I included to show of some very interesting aspects of the voting. While some customs did win their category with an overwhelming amount of votes (Spawn about 40% of all votes, Guardians of the Galaxy about 33%, Martinex about 30%), some were incredibly close (I guess between Vampire Red Hulk and Maxx was one single vote). Also very interesting was the Videogame categroy: While the top 3 is incredibly close with a difference of less than 4%, the next place is about 10 votes behind these.

Anyway, expect day 3 to start in a few hours.

AWESOME! :woot:

Thanks for putting the show together Bob. I was well executed and funny as hell. Congrats to Squall and Lobsterman for their 1st and 2nd place wins. Awesome job guys! And thanks to all who voted for Dr. Doomsy. I'm elated at her 3rd place finish, but she might not be a happy camper herself. Watch your backs Spawn and Yondu. ;)

Marvelous awards show, Bob. I think today's opening with your appearance was the best. Thanks for taking the time to organize and create this.

And congrats to all the winners! There's a lot of talent on this board.

And I do think Squall should have won Best Sculpting for his Maxx.

WoW Bob great awards show and congratulations to everyone.the talent with everyone on this board is just endless!!

AWESOME! :woot:

Thanks for putting the show together Bob. I was well executed and funny as hell. Congrats to Squall and Lobsterman for their 1st and 2nd place wins. Awesome job guys! And thanks to all who voted for Dr. Doomsy. I'm elated at her 3rd place finish, but she might not be a happy camper herself. Watch your backs Spawn and Yondu. ;)

So Doomsy's a girl under there? I was never sure.

Interesting that Spiral won the Marvel category but didn't place in the overall ranking, whereas two other nominees from the Marvel category did. It's like in the Grammys, how they have individual awards for each genre of music, and then the award for Album of the Year. I mean, the rock album nominated for Album of the Year must be the Rock Album of the Year, right? I guess not.

I can at least help to explain Doomsy; I voted for her in the overall category but not the Marvel one, because I felt that, in the individual categories, capturing the source material must count for something. But in the overall field, there were no such restrictions, so the creativity of Doomsy was a plus. I guess I wasn't the only one thinking this way.

Can't explain Yondo, though.

Good work to everyone and congrats to all the winners!