UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Dwight The Office,Big Bang Theory, LOST

Anyone attempted or thought about Dwight from the Office? Such a great character deserves a Mini just as Luke made Ron Swanson (I feel like I'm quoting scripture). I've seen the decal but not the actual custom of Dwight.who's hair do you use for him?

I love sitcoms, most do not. Big Bang Theory has some unique characters that you could use Comic Logos as their T-Shirts.

Lost is another show I'd like to see customs/decals made just because the Kubricks look so cool; Hurley and Ben especially.

It would be cool to see Leonard, Sheldon, Wallowitz & Raj, along with Penny. :biggrin:

Sheldon should have a Bazinga T-Shirt. lmao

Edited by Urban Saboteur

Swear to God, the only customs I've made from TV shows are Veronica Mars and Columbo. :biggrin: I'll have to post pictures sometime.

Luke does have a number of tv decals in the Cubeecraft section of the Factory. Incidentally, it's really really easy to make decals from Cubeecraft templates; you can find them here at the Cubeecraft homepage. I'd even be willing to help out if anyone sees someone they want.

Wow :biggrin:

I totally haven't seen that decals page on luke's toystore before, and i've been on there loads of times, i must of missed it is there not a link on the site shop page? :unsure:

I didn't realise you could print out faces and stuff to stick onto the bodies of Minimates? What process is used, do they just glue on or are they printed on professionally?

I think to truely get those personality looks for the BBT cast you'd have to make them stickers, otherwise they might look too generic civilian.

I'd like to move into film/tv customs but i have too much on atm, i still have a big % of my DC/Marvel wants to chase and my Batcave to finish, eventually when I have finished or neared completion of my wants list if i do go into customs they will most likely be videogame Icons rather than film/tv. :)

Rich

The decals are available at the Minimate Factory, Luke's customizing resources site, and not the toy store. There are lots and lots and lots of good things there, including tutorials on making decals. Printing them is actually quite simple; some people use waterslide decals (I don't, so I can't tell you much about them), and some use sticker paper. That's what I use, and it's very simple. Luke's got a full page template somewhere on the Factory (sorry, but I'm not sure where anymore, so I can't send you a link) which will allow you to just paste your decals onto the page using whatever art/paint program you prefer (I use GIMP myself). Decals TOTALLY change customizing, and for the better. I've made customs I NEVER would have thought possible.

I'd love to see those Veronica Mars customs. It was one of my favorite shows... That and I LOVE Kristen Bell.

I've been meaning to post them, so I'll try and do it this week. I was not a big fan, but her guest appearances on Party Down convinced me to take a longstanding recommendation to give VM a try to heart. Turns out it was a great show... on UPN! Who knew?

Have you seen her new show? Not very good at all. But it's on Showtime, so there's always the chance for nudity. :thumbsup:

I've not made a secret of my dislike, or more accurately, disdain for civilian Minimates in general. But the Lost Kubricks came out pretty well! Though Hurley is probably skewing my view of the whole, since that little chubby bastard is so awesome. If done right, these could be OK.

And to TENIME's post, I hardly ever watch sitcoms anymore. But my wife liked Big Bang and so I started catching bits and pieces in the background. Now, I'll happily sit down and watch an episode through if nothing else is on. It isn't great television, it's no Arrested Development or Monty Python's Flying Circus, but I think it's pretty good as far as these things go! You may consider trying to put all the contextual stuff aside (I think the premise is kind of stupid myself and used to think those characters were all really annoying) and giving it another chance at some point. Sort of like Abba--if you can forget about the disco era, forget about all the annoying weirdos that like it, and just try to enjoy it for what it is, some of it ain't bad! Yeah, I said it.

I just find it's a huge reinforcement of negative nerd stereotypes, mixed in with incredibly unrealistic situations. And even without all that, I don't find it to be particularly well-written. I've given it lots of chances (thanks to TBS running it 24/7). If I haven't started to like it by now, I won't. I love the theme by the Barenaked Ladies, though. Totally bought the MP3.

Except for How I Met Your Mother & Rules of Engagement, CBS has awful sitcoms, in my opinion.

Though, I will say this about them: they won't ever cancel a show, no matter how bad or redundant. New Adventures of Old Christine lasted five years, Two and A Half Men has been on for ten & counting, and CSI & NCIS keep getting spin-offs.

Pushing Daisies & Firefly should never have been pitched to ABC & FOX. They should've tried for CBS, then maybe they'd still be around... :rolleyes:

Edited by TENIME_art

Last week's BBT where Sheldon's life sized Spock showed up, but it was Quinto instead of Nimoy, was hilarious. That show is one of the best written comedies on tv.

Sort of like Abba--if you can forget about the disco era, forget about all the annoying weirdos that like it, and just try to enjoy it for what it is, some of it ain't bad! Yeah, I said it.

My wife and I have this at our house, does that make me one of "the annoying weirdos that like it!" :)

custom_1221054421392_SS_ABBA_100908.jpg

I just find it's a huge reinforcement of negative nerd stereotypes, mixed in with incredibly unrealistic situations. And even without all that, I don't find it to be particularly well-written. I've given it lots of chances (thanks to TBS running it 24/7). If I haven't started to like it by now, I won't. I love the theme by the Barenaked Ladies, though. Totally bought the MP3.

Except for How I Met Your Mother & Rules of Engagement, CBS has awful sitcoms, in my opinion.

Though, I will say this about them: they won't ever cancel a show, no matter how bad or redundant. New Adventures of Old Christine lasted five years, Two and A Half Men has been on for ten & counting, and CSI & NCIS keep getting spin-offs.

Pushing Daisies & Firefly should never have been pitched to ABC & FOX. They should've tried for CBS, then maybe they'd still be around... :rolleyes:

Their shows are also hits, though, that's why they're still on. 2 1/2 Men's the #1 show in America... somehow. The difference between CBS and the other networks is that they almost never take chances. Traditional sitcoms, procedurals, reality shows... lather, rinse, repeat. But it works for them. Pushing Daisies and Firefly (and Community and Freaks and Geeks and whatever other show you wish to name) probably never wouldn't have gotten a chance on CBS. The only similar show I can remember from CBS is Jericho, which was a big flop (great though it was). Anyway, I never watch CBS outside of football season, and I'm always amazed their shows are still on. *shrug*

The show I'd most like to see made into Minimates? Fringe. Two box sets, one for here (Olivia, Peter, Walter, Astrid) and one for over there (Faulivia, Walternate, Lincoln Lee, and Broyles). Sorry, I know if you don't watch the show that sounds line gibberish. :blush:

Fair enough. Surely it isn't something I take seriously enough to make sure I have seen every episode or anything like that. I can't say that for a single show that comes on Network TV, though.

My wife and I have this at our house, does that make me one of "the annoying weirdos that like it!" :)

Yes. Yes, it does. :highfive2:

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

The twin pack possibilities are endless.

Jim & Pam

Dwight & Michael

Phyllis & Stanley

Andy & Angela

Oscar & Kevin

Erin & Tobey

Ryan & Kelly

Then branch out...

Charles Miner & David Wallace

Jan & Holly

Bob Vance & Hank Tate

I would spend stupid amounts of money on these things.

does anyone have pics of this Ron Swanson mate? and did Luke give him ALL the bacon and eggs he had?

Just spotted this post. Here is Ron. :D

ronswanson1.jpg

shut-up-and-take-my-money-300x187.jpg

Seriously. DST needs to get on the NBC train before I explode. The Office is ending this year. Parks & Rec. came close to not even getting renewed for a full season. WANT. THEM. ALL.

Must have Dwight Schrute minimate... Mose Schrute variant pack!

I love Mose! He's such a creeper, like when he runs alongside Jim and Pam's car when they go to stay at Dwight's B&B. Always a hoot.

I also want "Community" minimates pretty badly. Mostly Abed, Troy and Jeff. I have a giant silly crush on the girl who plays Annie, but I could live without her as a minimate. Unless they're the 8-Bit versions from last season, then I need a full eight minimates to re-enact that episode :D

And Luke, GREAT work on that Ron Swanson mate! I'd love to get my hands on one, and all the bacon and eggs you have.

Edited by Marquis de Carabas

My BF & I have just started watching Parks & Rec. It took me about 7 episodes to get into it . . . and i am now totally hooked.

I had no idea who this custom was when you first debuted it - only now do i realise how awesome it is.