UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Worthy and the Mighty

gambitron

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, ten people had her as 'most wanted', thats actually a lot higher than I'd have expected. Of course, if a character isn't the one single figure you want most of all, then you aren't interested in them at all.

Sigh... Less poor humour and more good minimates, ta x

Oh it's all good Zach, i'm pretty sure Mirymate and his Kang Commanders have suggested it more than a few times as well :D

Who? Me? I'd love to take credit for it, but I think it's either moc or Mystery who suggested it first. The Kang bandwagon was rolling well before I joined the board... I'm just loudly along for the seemingly never ending ride.

And Zach... dear, dear Zach, you've been a genuinely pleasant addition to this board. But you are a bigger tease than my high school girlfriend was. (No, not the crazy one, the one after her but before the hot granola chick.)

I too, have just started reading fear itself, and I can say at least that hammertime Sin is a very close to the source material. The Odin needs bigger boots, those slip on bits are usually great, but he is far too top heavy at the moment.

Fear Itself seems to be another good example why I don't read too many new comics. Not so bright writers, trying to come up with clever, all encompassing things for people to say... Everyone spends there time telling each other they're not looking at the big picture, and every sentence seems to be ''look.... Blah blah *hammy analogy* ... I know, ive been there''. Is Fraction always this bad?

Edited by dj87

While I imagine that would be a tough box set to get greenlit, it's possibly the most brilliant idea for a boxset I've ever heard. Has that been suggested here before? Iron Lad, Rama-Tut, Kang, Immortus? Because it's the first time I've heard it, and it made me smile.

9883739.jpg

Never mind, did a search, found it in the "Through the Ages" thread, back in March. I wasn't here yet. I certainly know people want Kang, just hadn't seen it expressed in that format. I liked it. I don't do line plans, though. But I would like to see more villains at the conventions.

Ah, yes, the Through the Ages thread... which I started, by the way... please note how awesome that Hawkeye Through the Ages set would also be... though I'll settle for a modern Hawkeye/Mockingbird set. Please, please, please Zach, just tell me that those great new sculpted Hawkeye parts aren't going to just be used for day-glo Hawkeye. Tell me they won't just sit there, like the Vulture's wings, so perfect for the Falcon and yet unused... Please, I've gotta deal with the !@#$ Giants in the Super Bowl again! I need something!

Sorry, I'm a little punchy right now. Did I mention the !@#$ Giants are in the Super Bowl? :verymad:

Is Fraction always this bad?

No. He started out really strong, but some of his Marvel work the last couple of years has been very hit or miss. Case in point, he's currently writing Invincible Iron Man, which somehow had a really good Fear Itself crossover (and is one of Marvel's best books IMO). I don't think any of his previous "misses" though, like his iffy Uncanny X-Men run, were as bad or badly received as FI. Most comics news websites/podcasts seemed pretty surprised.

Is Fraction always this bad?

No. He started out really strong, but some of his Marvel work the last couple of years has been very hit or miss. Case in point, he's currently writing Invincible Iron Man, which somehow had a really good Fear Itself crossover (and is one of Marvel's best books IMO). I don't think any of his previous "misses" though, like his iffy Uncanny X-Men run, were as bad or badly received as FI. Most comics news websites/podcasts seemed pretty surprised.

I loved his work the first time I saw it, on Iron Fist, but I've never liked anything else that he's done nearly as much (and I should note that Iron Fist was done with Ed Brubaker). A lot of people really liked The Order (a short-lived team book during the Initiative era), but I thought it was pretty awful. I've fallen way behind on his Iron Man, but I quite liked what I read. Maybe he's only good if he's writing someone with "iron" in their name. :)

I'd agree with Battlecat's assessment, though, that a lot of people didn't like FI were somewhat shocked it was as bad as it was (in their humble opinion). I think the general consensus amongst the naysayers was that Fracton was playing somewhat over his head.

While I imagine that would be a tough box set to get greenlit, it's possibly the most brilliant idea for a boxset I've ever heard. Has that been suggested here before? Iron Lad, Rama-Tut, Kang, Immortus? Because it's the first time I've heard it, and it made me smile.

9883739.jpg

Never mind, did a search, found it in the "Through the Ages" thread, back in March. I wasn't here yet. I certainly know people want Kang, just hadn't seen it expressed in that format. I liked it. I don't do line plans, though. But I would like to see more villains at the conventions.

http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.php?showtopic=9563&st=5 :whistling:

having just finished the story, I can attest to these being fantastic representations of the characters' looks. It is just a shame its not a story I'd be rushing out to commemorate.

despite whinging about the number of recent Thors just hours ago, I must say, the armoured with a sword look would have been pretty sexy, plus...

he fights a dragon... which is always nice

Zaaaachhhhh... will Odin have a spare hairpiece, by any chance? BRB boots as well... he needs bigger boots

having just finished the story, I can attest to these being fantastic representations of the characters' looks. It is just a shame its not a story I'd be rushing out to commemorate.

despite whinging about the number of recent Thors just hours ago, I must say, the armoured with a sword look would have been pretty sexy, plus...

he fights a dragon... which is always nice

Zaaaachhhhh... will Odin have a spare hairpiece, by any chance? BRB boots as well... he needs bigger boots

I echo that sentiment. Hairpiece would be fantastic but bigger boots are a must.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Seen pics of these I like em and I haven't read the comic, but I heard there are a couple more figures that they can do another box set of, from people who have read it and I showed them the pics of the ones they did make. Hulk w/hammer is one of them. I like the Boxsets and are going to have to get both when they come out.

• 1 month later...

Can't wait to get these! 3 new villains, comic version Odin, and another Hawkeye (can never have too many of him in my book :tongue: ) FTW! The Thing looks badass as well, and a cool new armor for Iron Man is just icing on the cake.

The tag said end of June. So not really.

Looks like even later, last AA blog estimate was August 1st...

That's good, in a way. Gives my wallet some breathing room. :D

By the way, is there any chance we'll be getting Minimates of Kuurth/Juggernaut, Nul/Hulk, Skirn/Titania, Nerkkod/Attuma, and Greithoth/Absorbing Man?

Edited by MinnesotaIceman

I just read Fear Itself and am now very excited! I want to see if Iron Man is actually armored instead of how they're showing him in the prototype