UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Worthy and the Mighty

gambitron

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Opaque is the new translucent.

Forgot, there's also a tree limb looking staff thing not pictured. I had no idea who it went to and it seemed too thick for any of them to hold. There was a hair piece for Iron Man and Hawkeye, and the standard web line for Spidey too.

Edited by elmeaux

I had every wave of BSG Minimates before I'd seen an episode of the show & I recently watched the 'Creature from the Black Lagoon' for the first time .......purely because of the Minimates :biggrin:

I was a fan of the show before getting into Minimates, but I was never a big fan of the Minimates, and most of them have ended up as custom fodder. But the missus and I have been rewatching it of late, and I find myself wanting the Minimates. Go figure.

As for these sets.... they look (mostly) very nice from the pictures, but I still can't see myself wanting them enough to get the sets. I dunno, maybe the one with Odin and Hawkeye... I guess I can always throw Spidey and Iron Man into the ol' trade thread.

Anyone managed to get the wrist spike things off Spidey? Tried freezing and hot water on mine, can't get 'em to budge.

My Spidey's gauntlets came off with a little bit of effort, but I did not have to resort to freezing them or stick them in boiling water. The silver paint from the gauntlets did not dry 100% and that's what's sticking to the forearm.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

So I picked up the Odin set, as UK bro Pete contacted me and said he only wants Iron Man and Spidey, which works out well since I only want Hawk and Odin. Teamwork!:highfive2:

I'm attempting to make a Heroic Age Hawkeye by combining the parts for this guy with the Dark Avengers one. Not perfect, but not bad. The new Hawkeye parts are really cool. I really do expect that we'll get Hawk in the David Lopez-designed costume before too long, because I just can't imagine that AA designed all these cool new pieces to use one time.

Odin is a really cool 'mate, except that mine has two left legs. :verymad:

Both should be released on 08/15 (or, as we non-Americans say: 15.08.). Listed here.

Maybe Luke knows more.

DUDE

HE BLINKS

I never noticed that!

:O

Anywhich these minis look pretty good... But since I cared nothing for the story and will probably not use these costumes/characters outside that (other than Odin and he doesn't justify a full purchase) I don't think I'll be getting them.

Just got these - have to say I'm really impressed with them, but especially the worthy set who all look fantastic in my opinion! It's great to get a set of 4 villains and I would love to see the rest of the worthy made (as well as a regular grey gargoyle) to complete the set. I just hope that them being released so long after the story doesn't harm sales and thus put DST off from all villain sets in the future!

Why is Hawkeye so tall?

He's like a 2.5" figure, compared to the 2" of Iron Man and Spider Man.

If your Hawkeye is anything like mine his legs just barely fit into the boots and do not slide down into them at all, which looks to add at least .25" to him. Plus his mask sits high on his noggin too, adding even a little mote height to him.