UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Worthy and the Mighty

gambitron

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice. I just read the collected edition of this Wednesday and thought how some of these would make nice Minimates, but that it'll probably never happen. I eagerly await these now (but don't want to listen to people complain about why we're getting these or why we can't get normal versions of Sin or Grey Gargoyle first).

Who called Gray Gargoyle?

<< Right here, babay!

Nice to see another, more updated regular Hawkeye. Unfortunately, it's TRON Hawkeye. Inverted Web Armor Spidey is interesting, as are his Baraka claws.

I'll probably pass by the overly sculpted/overly bulky somewhat recognizable but ultimately not recognizable at all to me 4 pack of bad guys. But Odin + Hawkeye = $$BUY$$

That's the right armor, youbastards.

My collector OCD is going to bug me that we won't get each of the Worthy and the Mighty.

(but don't want to listen to people complain about why we're getting these or why we can't get normal versions of Sin or Grey Gargoyle first).

I'll bet good money that sometime this year we'll see a regular Sin / Winter Soldier two-pack.

I feel like there was a missed opportunity to make a new Ms. Marvel or Doctor Strange, but i will say that they look nice.

I'm not sure if i'll buy them yet, as i stopped reading the "Fear" thing after the main series ended, but they are certainly enticing.

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

My collector OCD is going to bug me that we won't get each of the Worthy and the Mighty.

Full disclosure, because I like you guys. (Not really, but let's pretend.) (Joke.) (Waits for laughter.) (No laughter.) (Moving on.) There were originally more FI box sets; I alluded to this elsewhere. So there was some more design work done, and we may see some more Worthy and/or Mighty mixed into waves down the road. Just letting you know. Hope you dig 'em as much as I dig 'em, and I hope we make a regular Grey Gargoyle someday, too. He's my fave.

They do look nice, i'm kinda in same situ above to Tenime_Art, i know little of the new costumes or storyline, i do like the idea of using those Spider-Man claws for a MK Baraka custom. :biggrin:

Odin:check

New hawkeye:check

Another different armor for tony: check

Another Spidey suit: check

The mighty boxset gets an 8 from me only for Spidey. I found his suit in fear itself blant,I would have preferred ms marvel but since all the other mates are so awesome it is a must buy for me.

4 overly sculpted,badass looking,characters who are b or c list to be made characters:check(except from thing who is an a lister):check

I give this set a 9.5 because I love sculpted pieces and we are getting character which I don't think will appear again so they have another chance for a Minimate transformation(odin's brother-the serpent or sin,she is b list the best at my book,never really liked her,I preferred the regular skull). The only reason I gave it a 9.5 is that I don't like sin like a character so I would have preffered another one like the absorbing man or hulk. Thus this is a must buy too. For me at least.Either way I haven't bought them yet so I can't come to a final conclusion but I tend to give scores to them when I see every proto fig so I can decide better what to buy and what not.

Let me start by saying aside from poor pacing, I enjoyed FI. It would have probably read better in a trade than it did monthly, but it was overall an ejoyable ride. I liked the redesigns in the books and they look cool as minimates... except Thing looks like he's got bubble gum stuck to him. Love the new Hawkeye accessories and I am hoping and praying they make their way onto a regular "classic" Hawkeye release this year.

(but don't want to listen to people complain about why we're getting these or why we can't get normal versions of Sin or Grey Gargoyle first).

and I hope we make a regular Grey Gargoyle someday, too. He's my fave.

What he said. Don't care about first or after as long as normal Sin and Grey Gargoyle show up eventually.

What I'm waiting for the the fussin' and fuming about two boxed sets and only 3 new characters and the trajedy that represents. Always a good time there.:rolleyes:

I never read Fear Itself so I don't know what the story is...but I don't really care for any of these new Mates. Both sets are a pass for me.

Including the tie-ins & variants 'Fear Itself' featured in over 100 comic books .....I'm not sure that even Mirymate could give us a precis.

I really like what I'm seeing & there is little to criticise ........dammit ;)

I also hope that the Hawkeye has matching paint with the Dark Avengers version so we can make a good guy non-amped up Hawkeye. :D

The parts will be fun for making generic Asgardian characters and the storyline was really great as well. Normally I'm not big on current-themed sets but I really like these other than Grey Gargoyle making me want a classic version and Spidey making me want just about anybody else.

Edited by Mystery Man

Jeez...I'm sorry I expressed my opinion, ImABarRoomHero and Buttheadsmate. They just look like a generic knock-off MAX superhero line. I'd much rather see some more classic guys we haven't seen yet than these versions. I thought the Age of X set was pretty lame too so go ahead and bury me for that too.

Edited by MisterMiracle