UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

I think we need to start the army builders again?

Polarboy

86 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see previous army builders reissued

• Yes - In regular waves
    • Yes - In boxsets of a single builder ie 4 sentinals
    • Yes - In mixed boxsets ie 1 sentinal 1 kree etc
    • Yes - In regular waves with a slight variation to prior releases ie battle damage
    • No - I don't want the number of figures released each year reduced to create space for reissues
    • Yes - In single box army dumps
  2. 2. Which Army Builders (non-movie) do you want more of?

SI... There were characters whoes Skrull infiltration made for a much bigger part of the story than the ones selected. Not knocking it. But it was a bit X-heavy. But the heads were awsome and get used a lot.

Actually not including the collar pieces, which signified officer status in the 616, and replacing them maybe witht the rifle from the Kronan's would make them different enough from the first release. And change the face tampo.

Kree are easier... it's been well documented the claasic Kree used a color system to denote rank. Just make the majority of the Kree in the case Privates, maybe with a couple of Majors thrown in, And you've got an army. And split the skin tones evenly between the "pink" caucasians and the standard blues.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with what Miry & Nessex have said, almost to the word, but we're talking (well I was :biggrin: )'army builders' .

All I'm saying is that a Skrull is a shape-shifter NOT a head-swapper & I just thought that a couple of unshifted Skrulls would have been deserved in some shape or form ( ;) ) at the time of the SI set

I've complained about the Secret Invasion box set before- at the time, we'd yet to get Yellow Jacket or Captain Marvel as Minimates, and they were major parts of the story, so it was annoying to get Wolverine and Jewel in their place- but that's old news, so I'm not going to do that again. Except that I just did, didn't I? Never mind. :confused:

I've been perfectly happy with army builders being packed with variants; I'd rather have them then two of the same character, and because they're not unique, I don't feel any guilt in breaking them apart for custom projects. I don't particularly want to see that change, but at the same time, we're getting pretty low down on the army totem pole by now. Who's left to do, really? Sons of the Serpent? Ultimatum? Lava Men? Alpha- Primitives (I think that's their name)? Not a whole lot of great options.

One thing I'd suggest for an army dump, though: both SHIELD agents and Kree Soldiers have different color schemes for different ranks. For example, a Kree captain wears green, but a colonel wears blue. SHIELD field agents traditionally wore blue/red uniforms, while the higher-ups wore blue/yellow, and only Fury wore the dark blue/white. So I think an army dump that doesn't just repeat what we've already got, but adds ranks, would work well. Say a SHIELD dump with blue/red male, blue/red female, blue/yellow male, Hydra soldier with a cut mask (rather then slip-on) and a new Fury would work well. And do a Kree/Skrull one with a new Skrull soldier, a couple different Kree soldiers, and a new Silver Age Captain Marvel. That would work for me. :thumbsup:

Who's left to do, really? Sons of the Serpent? Ultimatum? Lava Men? Alpha- Primitives (I think that's their name)? Not a whole lot of great options.

the Shiar, the Badoon, the Brood, Watchdogs, the Riegelans, the Mindless Ones (ya know, the one eye'd stone thingies from Dr. Strange) Doom's Killer Robots, and some generic red, bat-winged, pointy tail, horned headed demon flunkies (the kind seen serving Mephisto, Sutur, or invading New York in Inferno). That's off the top of my head. Not suggesting each should get their own Army dump case. Not by a long shot. (though I would happily buy a Long Shot)

I would love it, love it, love it if they did a SHIELD army dump with the old rank colors. But those hasn't been used in almost 20 years. Not holding my breath.

• 6 months later...

I'm just staggered that no-one is suggesting WW2 Wehrmacht ....recent Captain America comics (spin-offs mainly)have been bloody awash with them .

Funny how you rarely see him fighting the Japanese .....odd that?

I think it's consistent with Marvel's canon. I've always seen Cap depicted as having fought in the European theater. I've never seen him portrayed as having fought on Pacific Islands during WWII.

post-638-0-28105400-1345934495_thumb.jpg

Yeah, but I don't think Marvel recognizes all the WWII propaganda issues that pre-date his publication under the Marvel label as canonical to the current incarnation of the character.

FWIW, I don't think the "Commie Smasher" stories are regarded as canonical for Steve Rogers, either (I think the retcon is that there was an 'impersonator' in the 1950s pretending to be cap)...

Captain America - Commie Smasher

Edited by watchnerd

Put me down for the single packed army builder cases like they do for movie fodder. Give them different facial expression tampos, include a pair of leaders like Maria Hill and Dugan for SHIELD, Baron Strucker and Viper for Hydra. I think they'd sell at least as many of those to the same hardcore collectors that are snapping up the movie cases now.

But aside from that, there are still decently known races and organizations the need a turn at bat before we need to start recycling older releases.

^This^

Ditto.

I just bought 2 movie Hydra army dumps. I'd gladly do the same for 'classic' Hydra, AIM, classic SHIELD, and the Hand if coupled with leaders.

I would buy two boxes of each A.I.M. and Hydra goons. Even if they were just straight rereleases of the comic ones we already got, because I think those are such perfect representations of what they are. I love them.

Me, too.

Anyone know DST's minimum quantity to do a run? Maybe we can do a group buy.

I would buy two boxes of each A.I.M. and Hydra goons. Even if they were just straight rereleases of the comic ones we already got, because I think those are such perfect representations of what they are. I love them.

Me, too.

Dude you know you can edit your old posts and just do a giant post right?

Me, too.

Dude you know you can edit your old posts and just do a giant post right?

Yes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Weren't previous army builder dump cases numbered X of 500? That's probably the minimum.

I wonder if Luke could get an exclusive? Maybe run a Kickstarter to fund it so he doesn't get stuck with unsold merch?

Weren't previous army builder dump cases numbered X of 500? That's probably the minimum.

I wonder if Luke could get an exclusive? Maybe run a Kickstarter to fund it so he doesn't get stuck with unsold merch?

From what Zach told me, they could do a run of army builder for an authorized reseller. I wasn't clear what the minimum quantities involved are.

Perhaps if Luke could get enough pre-orders, he could commission a set of AIM, HYDRA, SHIELD, etc.

The little yellow AIM soldier has to be amongst everyone's favourite Minimates ? I no longer own a loose one because I've traded them all away & I can't bring myself to smash open any more Wave 25 packs . Wave 25 was 'the lost wave' for many reasons (check out the thread :sad: ) & the TRU version of the AIM guy had it's own little idiosyncrasies ( :ohmy: :biggrin: ) which made him desirable to completists.....different coloured weapons are very important to some of us :woot:

Whilst 'not rare' he is very desirable.

AIM agents are considered as 'target practice' by virtually every Marvel superhero (...& comic-artist) & a 'modified' AIM soldier is a Minimate success story waiting to happen ...... battle-damaged is almost de rigeur for these guys.

• 10 months later...