UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Guessing Game

Zach, what would be the particulars of a movie line similar to the Sony Video Game wave? Would it be feasible to get a "studio license" and put out individual 2-packs of different movies? Would such a license even exist the way it did for the Sony 'Mates?

One almost happened, based on the Paramount stuff that was announced:

http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.php?showtopic=5705

I don;t know the particulars, but it never got past the concept stage, as far as I know. Not sure why it didn't happen (or the Godfather line, for that matter), but it made me very sad.

Defunct: Hobbit/LotR, Godfather, Rocky, Beverly Hills Cop, Cereal, Father's Day, Speedracer, Trek, BSG, Ghostbusters, Street Fighter II (could be considered different than MvC), Sony (Kratos?), Ghost Rider (wave)...

By the way, for something to be defunct, it needs to have been funct in the first place. If it was never funct, how can we refunctify it?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zach, what would be the particulars of a movie line similar to the Sony Video Game wave? Would it be feasible to get a "studio license" and put out individual 2-packs of different movies? Would such a license even exist the way it did for the Sony 'Mates?

One almost happened, based on the Paramount stuff that was announced:

http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.php?showtopic=5705

I don;t know the particulars, but it never got past the concept stage, as far as I know. Not sure why it didn't happen (or the Godfather line, for that matter), but it made me very sad.

Wasn't Godfather (like Beverly Hills Cop) cancelled due to low orders? I think, unfortunately, the feasibility of movie Minimates outside the sci-fi genre died once FYE/Suncoast stopped carrying them. Too bad too; I always though that it was a good match, but I guess they didn't sell enough (Rocky sets, for example, were clearanced down to next to nothing).