UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

2012: What are you looking forward to?

fatcow

I'm new here and thought this would be a good way to get to know people on the board besides through their minimates.

What are you looking forward to in 2012, it can be anything from new movies to something big going on in your life. Here we go!

In no particular order..

1.The Avengers Movie

2.The Dark Knight Rises

3.Ghost Rider 2

4.Season 2 of the Avengers cartoon show

5.Beware The Batman ( is that this year? )

6.Green Lantern : TAS

7.Young Justice

8.making my own custom minimates

9.avengers vs x-men in the marvel comic universe

10.watching my son grow older ( he's a month old )

11.opening and running my own gym

12.game of thrones season 2

13.the rest of the walking dead on hbo

14.learn how to ride a motorbike

15.find a compelling book series to read

16.more of the new thundercats show

what are you looking forward to?

Well, tomorrow I start a new job. It's nothing I'm excited to be doing but it pays decent enough and I should be able to do what I love on the side.

And it's not till the end of 2013, but I'm sure I'll be spending most of 2012 planning my wedding.

Fun times ahead.

Ooh good Idea!(in no particular order)

1;ssx{video game}

2:The Avengers

3:Dark knight rses

3:new minimates!

4:the amazing spider-man

5:twisted metal{video game}

6:Growing on youtube

7:learning more vfx

8:Graduating middle school and going to high school

9:meeting justin bieber

10:More Walking Dead!The office!beavis and butthead?big bng theory!

Avengers, DKR, and Hobbit part 1

More stuff on Pottermore (Hopefully)

Kid Icarus Uprising

BioShock Infinite

Kingdom Hearts 3DS

The Amazing Spider-Man

The Mayan Prophecy Day

Hopefully some stuff from the oft-rumored Good Omens TV Miniseries.

Everything else is either political or religious and does not belong here.

1.Avengers (movie)

2. Avengers (cartoon) season 2

3. More Young Justice

4. More Ironman Armored Adventures

5. More Clone Wars

6. Ghostrider 2

7. Dark Knight Rises

8. Avengers vs X-men

9. The end of Kick Ass 2

10. More business for my sketch cards

11. New minimates

12. The Hobit

13. SDCC

Let's see...

Media:

Avengers, Dark Knight Rises, Hobbit, Amazing Spider-man, Frankenweenie, probably some comedies, oh and Django Unchained (so sue me, I like Tarantino)

Avengers: EMH season 2, Ultimate Spider-man cartoon, new TMNT cartoon

media I'm not looking forward to but will see anyway - Ghost Rider II, MIB III, GI Joe II

Life:

Moving to a new city/state in June

Growing my online business with my wife

Finding a new job (unemployment is only fun for so long...)

things in life I'm not looking forward to but have to do anyway - finding a new job

Toys:

Mostly just minimates at this point. Catching up on old mates and snatching up the new ones.

Xevoz - if I can find them cheap enough on eBay

toys I'm not looking forward to but will buy anyway - all the extra Captain Americas, Thors, Spider-Mans packed in with the characters I want

Best of luck to everyone in 2012!

Let's see...

media I'm not looking forward to but will see anyway - Ghost Rider II, MIB III, GI Joe II

:lol: None of those strike me as theater-worthy experiences. . .but I'll probably see GI Joe anyway, just because the main characters include some of my favorite all-time Joes--Flint, Firefly, Lady Jaye, Storm Shadow, Snake Eyes, and (though I don't care for the film incarnation) Zartan.

I'm looking most forward to what I hope will be a pleasant year with my family and at work. I hope that I will be able to take in and enjoy as much of my daughter's development as possible without taking it for granted. I also hope that I encounter a minimum of real-life drama (I much prefer it when internet forum drama and toy/collectible-related anxiety are the worst issues I have to deal with :D ). I quit a job I hated last year for one with less pay and benefits, but that I really enjoy, so I hope I can resist the temptation to leave for considerations of financial well being.

Regarding movies, I have very high expectations for Avengers, Dark Knight, and Prometheus. They better not disappoint :verymad:

Regarding collectibles, I hope to pick up and enjoy some great Minimates, Hot Toys figures, and Sideshow statues/figures along the way. I'm hoping that I can make more headway into selling off/giving away most other stuff I have collected in the past (with a few exceptions, of course). More space + more money = success

Best wishes to everyone in having a swell year. I hope it's better than the last :thumbsup:

Edited by karamazov80

Good idea for a topic! Mine are:

Movies: Avengers, Dark Knight Rises, Hobbit, Prometheus, and strangely enough, Ghost Rider 2

Video Games: Bioshock Infinity, starting Batman Arkham City, and possibly getting a 3DS this year

Life:

• Teaching my older son to read and do basic math
  • Helping my wife continue to get through nursing school
  • Growing the toy store with her
  • She has this summer off from school, so I am hoping us and the boys can do lots of cool stuff together
  • I just got promoted at my day job, so I have lots of new responsibilities there
  • Turning 30 this year
  • Possibly attending C2E2 and meeting some of you fine people :)

Toys: New minimates, making more custom minimates, taking a deeper dive into 1/6 scale customs, and getting the Hot Toys Iron Monger, Red Skull, Loki, and possibly others.

Here's to a great 2012! :)

1) Having fun with my family is top of the list. My son just turned two, and this is an amazing age. It's just so much fun, and I'm looking forward to seeing him grow and develop more. My wife and I are planning a couple of weekend trips throughout the year.

2) Now that we're back in the house, I'm really looking forward to getting my garden back in order. Last February a tree fell on our house and pretty much destroyed our flower garden. Then, at the beginning of April, just as we were getting things back in place, a couple more trees fell and destroyed the house and garden. We take great pride in our flower garden, and it's just not the same looking out the dining room window into the mess that is there now. I'm also looking forward to not having any more trees fall on my house.

3) Making more beer. I've gotten a bit better and have a few new recipes I can't wait to try. First up will be a dark gingered ale, maybe this weekend.

4) There are a few movies I'm looking forward to: The Hobbit, Prometheus, Avengers, The Dark Knight Rises. I might even try to do a midnight show for The Hobbit.

5) More Hot Toys. Superman is lonely.

6) More Minimates and hopefully some new licenses. I enjoy Marvel, MAX, and the Pirates, but the video game stuff isn't really for me, and I've got all the GB I need. Hopefully something new and invigorating will show up.

Currently I am looking forward to completing the set up of my new toy room in my new house. (I will post pics when I am done).

Life-Fixing stuff up in my new house (its new to me but a 15 year old house so there is a lot to do especially in the yard)

I teach high school social studies at an alternative high school (the school for the kids who get kicked our or just get behind in regular high school) and they are changing the format of how the school works so that will be a change, but I am looking forward to it.

Media- Can't wait for several movies this year namely Prometheus, Avengers, Dark Knight Rises, The Hunger Games, The Hobbit, and GI Joe II among others.

Always look forward to new Star Wars books to read such as the upcoming Darth Plagueis and the conclusion of the FOTJ series. For Christmas my mother-in-law got me all 12 of the Galaxy of Fear books which is a scholastic series from the late 90s that although cheesy was the last big hole in my book collection so I got to read those too.

Toys

I keep an ongoing list and check things off when I get them and add things when they are announced and it is too long to put here but I am looking forward to finding out what the Battle Beasts announcement is. My most anticipated toy that I am aware of is Stinkor in the MOTUC line coming in April!

Not much readily comes to mind, except maybe the prospect of more Game of Thrones and Sherlock.

Movies... consulting this list, I'll probably check out the requisite Marvel movies (Avengers, Spider-Man, Ghost Rider? :tongue: ) and maybe Dark Knight Rises and The Hobbit if the reviews are exceedingly good. GI Joe: Retaliation and The Raven are winning me over only because of how silly they sound (though you can't beat the White Stripes remix in the Joe trailer), and Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadows is only now coming out here. And of course there's World War Z... *shudder*

And I can't wait for December 21 to come and go without incident, if only so everyone can finally shut up about the Mayan apocalypse.

Doctor Who anyone? And who said they were having dinner with the Face Of Boe ... on my phone and the quotes are working for me.

Everyone seems to have a busy year planned...just remember December 21st DST will announce a Kang minimate and the world will implode fulfilling the ancient Mayan prophecy.

For me, I gotta see The Hunger Games, Avengers, Dark Knight Rises,Spider-Man, Prometheus, and Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter.

Toy-wise I am anticipating the 10th anniversary of minimates of course, but am also looking forward to the upcoming NECA Evil Dead and Marvel Universe figures.

Life-wise, I can't wait to get the hell out of high school and start college in the fall.

Hmmm, seems like a fun thread.

What I am looking forward to in 2012:

Life:

Continuing College to get a career

Films:

The Hobbit, Dark Knight Rises, The Hunger Games, Arrietty the Borrower, Silent Hill: Revelation 3D

Television:

Doctor Who, How I met your mother, BBC Sherlock season 2, BBC Being Human season 4

Games:

PS3: Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch, everything else Level 5 releases in english, Doctor Who: The Eternity Clock

Toys:

QMX Sonic Screwdriver Replicas