UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Best and Worst Minimates of 2011

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the kind words guys. I appreciate it. I'd like to thank all those who submitted votes. If it wasn't for you guys, we'd never be able to kick back and have some fun with this yearly tradition. This marks my third time doing this event and it scares me just how much bigger the award presentations have gotten over the years and what's in store (to be expected) for the Best & Worst of 2012. I'd like to throw out another special thanks to Cappy (I know he hasn't been around here in a while). But he was the man who started the red carpet tradition for the B&W show and for that I thank you sir. I am honored to keep the tradition alive. It's definitely a challenge to keep the jokes new and fresh, but well worth it. The gang here at the MMMV are the best group of collectors I have the honor of knowing and this show was dedicated to all of you. Take care.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

Wow - what a freaking amazing production. you've really outdone yourself this year.

I was both pleased, and very amused, to see Sinister jamin' the best Variant category. Some great chuckles all the way through. Many thanks!

High production values, as always. And funny! I would promote the hell out of this thing on all of our outlets if it didn't have the "Worst" categories.

Well done.

That's the exact reason I didn't link it upon the DST FB page. The Best & Worst awards are meant more for us here at the Multiverse. No offense to Diamond, but the "worst categories" are tradition as they let the people in charge know exactly what the fans weren't to keen on during the year. It's not meant as a slight against DST, but rather a voice from the masses.

Glad to hear you like the production value Zach. Now, when will DST give me a full time job as their resident minimate comic creator? :biggrin:

That's the exact reason I didn't link it upon the DST FB page. The Best & Worst awards are meant more for us here at the Multiverse. No offense to Diamond, but the "worst categories" are tradition as they let the people in charge know exactly what the fans weren't to keen on during the year. It's not meant as a slight against DST, but rather a voice from the masses.

I know, it's for the boards, I just wish I could share such great work (and the Minimates praise that goes along with it) with the general public. Unfortunately, the loudest voices regarding what was unsuccessful in the previous year are the sales reports from Toys "R" Us and inventory reports from the warehouse, but we certainly want to know what you guys think. For the info of the people in charge, how many people voted?

Glad to hear you like the production value Zach. Now, when will DST give me a full time job as their resident minimate comic creator? :biggrin:

You want to move in with us? I get the top bunk.

32 people voted this year. I know, I know... with 2000 members here on the MMMV, 32 is just a drop in the bucket. But look at it this way, of the 2000 members, the 32 that did vote are some of the most passionate / vocal members of this community who'd like nothing more than to spread to gospel (sing the praises) of minimates.

As for the top bunk, you can have it. I'd feel safer on the bottom anyhow. Less chances of getting shanked / shived. Prison safety tips sure do come in handy from time to time. ;)

32 people voted this year. I know, I know... with 2000 members here on the MMMV, 32 is just a drop in the bucket. But look at it this way, of the 2000 members, the 32 that did vote are some of the most passionate / vocal members of this community who'd like nothing more than to spread to gospel (sing the praises) of minimates.

As for the top bunk, you can have it. I'd feel safer on the bottom anyhow. Less chances of getting shanked / shived. Prison safety tips sure do come in handy from time to time. ;)

Dude, if it's just for the boards, numbers don't matter. BUT if you are actually trying to show the people in charge how you feel through the "Worst" categories, as you said, it's honestly not a number that is going to cause changes. Heck, I would have loved to do something with the Marvel poll you did, but with only 26 votes for the leader, it's tough. Not saying "Fix it!", just being honest.

And I would love to have you 32 singing praises for the line, spreading the gospel, as Eric puts it. The five fan sites that have been created are amazing (Central, HQ, DB, Minibar and Portrait), and Eric's comics on the FB page are a delight. (I've actually missed the full-sized strips, excited they might be coming back.) This forum is largely internal, but you 32 regular posters certainly are heard by the other 2000, who may read more than they post, as well as any guests who may wander in looking for more info on Minimates...

Personally, I would miss the "Worst of" categories if we dropped them. Part of the fun of this is seeing the "official" coronation of a fan unfavorite-- I like that beak-nose Wolverine joins Battle Ravaged Spider-Man in the Hall of Shame.

Some thoughts:

-My biggest surprise: Ghostbusters doing so well in the hairpiece category. I personally don't like those hairpieces at all, but I'm obviously in the minority.

- Since RBG did so well overall, I'm surprised the removable proton packs didn't place in the best accessory category. I thought you Ghostbusters guys were crazy for 'em.

- Two of my top three- Galactus and Beta Ray Bill-placed, and I would bet the third, Armin Zola, was high up.

- Can't believe the Time Machine beat the Pirate Ship.

Great job as always, Mini Myte! :thumbsup:

Again, another reason the Best & Worst takes place (is exclusive to) here at the MMMV. Not trying to change the world, just having some fun in a place where one can piss and moan... er voice there opinions. If somebody wants to take notice of the results, that's fine, if not, hey man... that's cool too. Think of this yearly tradition as the Oscars AND the Razzies all rolled into one.

Minimates rock and so does DST.

@ Zach: We'll see if the Tales From The Minibar makes a return. *cough* check e-mail *cough* ;)

Personally, I would miss the "Worst of" categories if we dropped them. Part of the fun of this is seeing the "official" coronation of a fan unfavorite-- I like that beak-nose Wolverine joins Battle Ravaged Spider-Man in the Hall of Shame.

Some thoughts:

-My biggest surprise: Ghostbusters doing so well in the hairpiece category. I personally don't like those hairpieces at all, but I'm obviously in the minority.

- Since RBG did so well overall, I'm surprised the removable proton packs didn't place in the best accessory category. I thought you Ghostbusters guys were crazy for 'em.

- Two of my top three- Galactus and Beta Ray Bill-placed, and I would bet the third, Armin Zola, was high up.

- Can't believe the Time Machine beat the Pirate Ship.

Great job as always, Mini Myte! :thumbsup:

• Other than the removable proton pack the RGS (human mates) only fared well in the best hair category. I like to see the minimate license love spread around (hence the best hair, best facial expression, sexiest and scariest categories)
  • The removable proton pack was slated for 3rd place, but near the end, the votes flooded in for IM's proton cannon edging it out at the last second.
  • The pirate ship could have won, but the votes were split on the regular version and the GITD one. Even though there were 2 hovering time machines, hardly a soul voted for the phasing one.

Edited by MINI_MYTE