UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Avengers Alliance

Squall

Just in case someone here didn't know, I thought I would mention that you can trade in 1 gold for 2 command points. I would much rather have a new character than a slightly better gun for my agent, so that is what I have been using my gold for.

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeff, how did Kyle'sprices go down?

If you read in the FAQ they say that in the Beta people will randomly lower prices and that was the case when Kye started playing. At the time for me to get Hulk and company was 520!! command points and his was 50 for the high end heroes. Then my prices came down to where they are now - Hulk and such for 130 and his came up to that mark as well. As of yesterday his prices were back down again so he is cramming in some game time to ty and get some points saved up to buy some for the higher heroes he has been interested in getting like Hulk and War Machine. Likewise his costumes are lower priced which almost makes them more affordable too. Like I said though the games FAQ said that this is totally a random as to has this and who doesn't.

Jeff of the Miniacs

I have a couple of questions:

1) Do the cheaper prices apply to everyone, or only those who were around for the Beta testing?

2) How the H3LL does one defeat Boomerang. I feel truly embarrassed that such a lame character keeps whipping my @$$. I've tried wearing my Infiltrator outfit & having black widow onboard so that we get lots of counter attacks in to bring him down, but after i get rid of Boomerang, we get wiped out by the rocket launchers.

I've had Tony (blaster) on my team using his shield to keep him safe, but that doesn't seem to work. I've tried having a heavy hitter like she-hulk in an attempt to take out the rocket guys with the same recult. I seem to be only able to get Boomerang and sometimes one of the launches down before all of my heroes are beaten.

Is there a trick, or do i just need to go away and train my agent up to a higher level before engaging him?

I'm currently a 31, which is the recommended level. Admittedly i was a 30 when i first tried to defeat him, but i haven't had any luck since leveling up either.

Yours in utter frustration,

Ness.

not sure if the prices were just in beta or not but that was my understanding that it was a random thing.

my trick is to play and replay the lower levels to boost up my agent levels...I am usually 10 levels higher than the recomended level before going in so I have not had much trouble other than the Dynamo premium missions

Jeff of the Miniacs

Thanks for sharing Jeff. I had been saving up for something like this and just bought 5 more characters at the discounted price. Finally, I get Spidey on the day when I get my War Machine and Hulk to level 9 and don't want to start using another character.

I also thought I'd share a new personal best. My Hulk just did 9222 damage on a poor, unsuspecting SHIELD agent in PVP (and it proved that the Hulk will hit a girl also). He had the 2 Enraged and 5 Hulk Up's when he smashed her. Of course, I then used War Machine's new Overcharge move before using his Minigun Barrage to do about 4K-5K damage on the other players. Man, I love this game.

Edited by groundhog7s

I'm still having a hard time building up my Silver!!

Every time i need to train, I end up draining all my silver.....

I recently did a bunch of offers to get some gold to buy silver, but that isn't going to last much longer I don't think.

And I only get gold every once in a while in game.

another way to get some silver, and some energy too is to visit your allies...everyday too, not jsut when they have a distress call available, you can go every day and get 30-60 silver from each one adn usually 1-2 energy too

my training back log hasnt been too bad since I have been only focusing on a couple heroes to clean up the early chapters and master them up to 5 stars....the rest spend the days on recon missions gain silver...since hawkeye needed 100,000 silver and 38 hours to train to level 10 lol

jeff of the miniacs

I'm waiting to train a character that takes 36 hours & 100,000 in silver too :blink:

I'm worried that his next upgrade is going to end up being over 48 hours. LOL

Edited by Nessex

Son of a BISCUIT!

I was playing the Loki mission and I clicked on the "Sif" mission, and then STUPIDLY clicked on the "recruit" button or whatever and inadvertently bought her. Crap. What a waste of 23 command points. At least her strike seems pretty powerful, even at a low level.

I know what you mean. That's one of the few parts of the game I hate is the training time. That and the random grid of rewards. I swear there can be 8 excellent items and I'll pick the grenade every time.

Every single time, I can predict what item I am getting from that bonus.

EVERY TIME!! >_<

I'm not entirely sure how ling I am going to be playing this....I always have 80+ message I can't accept because I'm over my limit and with what everyone is saying about training, I'm never going to get enough silver to train. I have a hard enough time getting to 20,000 silver!

Was a fun ride but i think it is hitting it's cap.

Yeah, the 50 gift limit is kind of restricting. I usually target one thing I need and focus on receiving those. It's definitely difficult to balance all the aspects of the game and I can see where you're frustrated by it.

Totally unrelated, but I just hit lvl 60 this morning which opens up the fourth weapon slot. Having that and having some of the better characters at higher levels does make it more enjoyable, but it takes awhile to get to that point. Overall, I've really been impressed with how well the game is designed in tmost aspects. They really captured most of the characters personalities in how they play (especially Spidey) and have given it a good balance between just playing and paying to play. if only you weren't restricted to using energy to go on missions I'd play this all the time.

Okay - so i am *almost* up to 90 command points.

Up till now i have been buying characters in a very strategic manner, ie: buying the ones i thought looked coolest (so i have Sif, Nightcrawler etc . . .)

I've also been trying to buy so that i have two of each type (Scrapper, Bruiser, Blaster, Infiltrator, Strategist).

I currently have two of each type, except for Scrapper (because the game inexplicably took away Iron Fist after i selected him as my free character).

My question to those who are more experienced is: Is it worth spending my 90 command points on one of the big 5 (Wolverine, Hulk, Thor, Spiderman, Cap)? And if so - who is the best value for money?

Going by my normal trend, i'd be after a second scrapper with this sale, but no-one has really mentioned Wolverine yet & everyone seems to be raving about Hulk & Spiderman.

Or should i use my 90 command points to buy 2, 3, or even 4 other cheaper characters so that i can have jets out collecting silver even when i'm playing the actual battles?