UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Avengers Alliance

Squall

Have just unlocked Black Bolt & Thane.

Thane is an interesting choice. Is he actually in the comics? I assume that he has just recently appeared in the new Infinity story arc, and this is MAA's attempt at being 'current' and cashing in on current comic book trends.

This was also the easiest lock-box character i've gotten so far.

I thought i'd try something different this time & save up all my lock-boxes, then open them all at once, rather than opening them everytime i got to 10.

I got all 8 covers within 9 attempts. I'd really love it if you could trade lock-boxes, as i currently have 30+ boxes that for characters that i've already recruited.

Edited by Nessex

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I just quit recently. I think in total I purchased 180 magnetic lockboxes (with gold earned in the game, not purchased) and I'm still one cover short of getting magneto. So I quit the game. I'm not spending a dime on that thing. They make it pretty dificult to do anything without spending money. Gonna go work on music or making custom mates. :)

This is why i think it'd be great to be able to trade lock-boxes. I didn't think i was ever going to get Magneto, but ended up with 70+ lock-boxes for Omega Sentinel. I think i have over 90 for Thane, who I've already unlocked.

But i guess playdom wouldn't make any money if they allowed that. I still really can't believe that anyone is pending actual cash-money on this thing though.

NYCC Reveals:

*Next two Lock-Box characters will be Loki (Film Costume), then Sabretooth.

*Next Special Op will tie into Thor 2, featuring Malekith and the Dark Elves. Group boss will be Kurse. Heimdall will be the reward for completing the tasks.

*Domino will be the next PvP reward.

*Chapter 3 of Season two will offer red & yellow Daredevil costume as a reward.

Linkage to pics

Looks like PvP is where we'll be getting our X-Men characters from from here on in. So far we've had Deadpool, Cable, Psylocke, X-23, Fantomex, Shatterstar, Archangel, Bishop, & Spiral. The only non X characters have been Punisher & Red Hulk.

Since the PvP tournaments began, the only straight-up purchasable X-Man has been Beast. Mags & Omega Sentinel were lock-boxes & Havok was a Special Ops reward. I suppose it makes sense: the game is called Avengers Alliance... so X-Men characters are really just 'bonus content', but as an X-Men fan, i'd like it to be a bit easier to get some of them.

• 2 months later...

Special Ops 15 has started - Arcade is the group boss. Lockbox villain is Moonstone & Task List hero is Sister Grimm from Runaways. Interesting choice there...

Next special op will give us Iceman.

In the meantime, can someone please send me a 'Present' gift (assuming anyone here still plays)? i need to receive one to collect my next batch of Dr Doom lockboxes :)

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Very new to the game and looking for allies. Message me if you are willing to add.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...