UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Avengers Alliance

Squall

Got Omega Sentinel yesterday, Vision today. One of the best spec ops so far, I really like what they did with Ultron. Opened a ton of lockboxes, but since they're easy as heck to get it's cool.

Slacker, I had to finish 4.4 56 times before I got the MFG.

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got Omega, but am still one task away from Vision

As for the PvP, i ended up in the lowest league. I just haven't got enough time to commit to playing this the amount that is required to rank highly, it seems.

Still - with all the give-aways for winning 5 matches a day, i got a whole lot more gold than i would have if i'd relied on getting into the gold league.

groudhog - you did pretty well in the most recent PVP; what was your combination of charcacters, custoumes and weapons?

I'm thinking about retiring the SA Pincer in favour of one of the weapon i won in the Kang special op that allows 'Future Knowledge'.

Well, before I say what I did, you have to take into account that what works at one level may not work at another from what I've noticed. I used Tactician Emma Frost, Generalist Quicksilver and had a Generalist suit equipped with the Scroll of Angolog, Scroll of Oziroch, Warbringer Axe and Dark Sigil. Dark Sigil is awesome in that it adds burning and dark void, but also sets up for the next hit to be critical. You've got a 50/50 chance of Emma going after you and her Mental Trauma is usually devestating with that and Cosmic Power. Of course, there's a good chance QS will be nerfed at some point and I probably did the worst at defending against attacks than ever, but I think that was probably because of the level I was at. To be honest, I didn't use this team at first because I saw so many like it that I wanted to do something different. That's when I realized that it must be worth something if several other people were using it and I found it very easy to win with.

I was still on Emma Frost with her phoenix duds - modern Dr Strange as a tactician & i was wearing scrapper gear. But - i really didn't commit to playing regularly.

I'd like to be in with a chance for Shatterstar, sop i think i'll try to keep up this season.

Edited by Nessex

Sounds like a good line up but switch to Dr. Strange as a Blaster in his modern stuff, I've never seen teams do well when they have doubles or triples of the same class, save for generalists.

I've faced a few teams of nothing but infiltrators and easily knocked them out, why anyone would choose to get Wolverine's infiltrator costume is beyond me.

I won 2 PVP free Characters using Wolverine as an Infiltrator, so I don't know why that's "beyond you" Slacker. The classes constantly change and other than Generalist, INF was a safe bet up until recently. Scrappers were too risky because they were making Bruisers way overpowered until they got nerfed.

You're a young man Slacker, I'd imagine many things are beyond you.

sorry if that seemed harsh, but ignorance must be dealt with swiftly. It's only a game so no worries, but as groundhog stated the game is very different for different leveled players. Let's all just play nice and try not to poke the Wolverine.

Wow - nice work, groundhog. I'm still 300+ command points away from Punisher, X-23 & Union Jack.

I wish the sale/purchase thing went both ways. I have a butt-load of silver that i am really never going to use for anything. It'd be handy if i could buy gold with it. even if it were at half the normal exchange rate of buying silver with gold, it'd be helpful.

Chapter 12 is pretty dang fun! And Union Jack, getting a bit heavy on the scrappers again.

Yeah - i thought Union Jack would be more of an infiltrator.

But then i thought X-23 wasn't really a bruiser... so what do i know tongue.png

You don't have to do the last omega lockbox goal to get Vision right? Just gotta get 1 more mastery star on the first mission then I will pay the 25g to auto complete the last task and get vision. I can't seem to get anymore group ultrons to fight for more lockboxes. Only need 2 more comics for Omega sentinel. Need more allies! heh

hmmm - i have no red iso8 (don't they usually give you some to start with?)

And i don't seem to be able to accrue any as gifts. I've accepted 3 or 4 now, but they're not registering :/

Wow, I just used Rescue for one of the tasks and she is easily the most pathetic character in the game IMO. I wondered how they would change her to make her relevant to this game since she's pretty much all defensive stuff in the comics, but I found they didn't change her at all. She has one offensive move that does almost no damage and her defensive moves aren't very impressive either. She kinda looks cool, but I forsee her rarely ever being used in PvP and I dread having to level her up.