UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Avengers Alliance

Squall

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could be worse Nessex-I slipped from around 5% to off the scale (somewhere out of the top 50%). I ended up at 19% in the end, only because of a couple last minute defeats as the defender and a win that didn't get counted for some reason.

I've tried really, really hard to figure PvP out and I've concluded that at some levels it's just impossible to make it high enough to win. The system is extremely flawed and exploited and I can't keep up with that. I'm done trying (and I mean it this time). I think.

Well done, Heroic.

I'm not sure if it's because mroe people are playing and therefore the competition is mor fierce, or if it's because i tried to play out this comp using the Bruiser Armour instead of the Scrapper Armour.

Whatever it was, i didn't get the Blaster Armour this time around.

Here's my (pathetic) stats from this time around:

-all characters at lvl 12 (except for Psylocke and Magneto)
-my heroes offense was 63K+ and defense was 52K+
-I won 444 times attacking and 221 defending
-I lost 59 times attacking and 597 times defending

That means I attacked 503 times and had to defend 817 times. I'm level 253 right now and that got me a rating of 907. My son plays and he attacked 26 times, is level 50 now and ended up 10% with a rating of 1011. He did way better than me and I played 20 times more than him with way more characters and better weapons and strategies. That shows that the system is flawed somehow.

I suppose my biggest complaint is that the higher you get, the harder it seems to rank high enough. That and the fact that the more you play can hurt your overall chances seems very backwards to me.

Part of my strategy last time was to wait it out. I didn't join in the fighting until the last few days of the game. Perhaps i should have employed the same strategy in this most recent PVP.

I finished in top .2 and got The Punisher, woooooooo!

Night before I got near .1 and it was at .6 the followin morning. I played the last 2 hours and got the number back down below .5

My strategy was Emma Frost Tact, Quicksilver Scrap,and Agent Tact.

I played much of the tourney with Beast and Hercules in the Quicksilver spot but needed a scrapper to beat Psylocke and Frost and Phx as Infiltrators.

My agent used Coulsons Revenge for the Coordinated Attack, Faulteater bc it shoots through shields and avoids protect,not to mention burning,biofeedback and gives health. Then Quantum Jumper and The Scroll of whatever its called,Quick Action that removes negs from team and removes positives from enemies team.

The Scroll is the key bc that's what was making me lose. Teams with 3 Bruisers caused problems but I almost always had a shot to win.One tip that would work every other battle or so was QJump at end of first round so it ends up being Frost and Quicksilver,then another 2 Quicksilvers beginning round 2. Then Unlock Quicksilver's potential eith Frost and you have 3 huge moves from QS. And if you have an Inf to hit,it really works great. And if you did this with QS's new costume you have that extra Future Hit too.

Frost is a badass,Organic Recovery basically gives her a Dodge every 3rd attack against her and Cosmic Power is another huge benefit.

Punisher is sweet btw.his second move is a Quick Action that uses no Stamina and let's you change to any class,each with a different weapon,Bruiser uses a Gattling Gun against all enemies,the others are single target attacks.

WF, what level are you?

I gotta admit that, to me, EF is a staple any more. I stuck with Phoenix at the end, but the death/Rebirth thing started acting kind of funky at the end and I'm sure that didn't help. The last day I went up against a ton of Quicksilver in his new duds and he can be the biggest pain to have to deal with if the agent uses QJ. With the time displacement, I frequently got hit four times in the first round and frequently stunned by his vortex move. Personally, I hate when they make a character lethal towards the end of the season when it's harder to adjust to. What I had worked up until the last few days and then I frankly just gave up.

I'm level 118 I think. All my characters are at least 9s and 12s for people I actually use. I didn't see Valkyrie once in the last couple days. Tons of Phx,Psylocke,Cable,new Quicksilver,Thor,and Frost.

You have to be able to keep readusting your team bc who you fight constantly changes. I don't know what to tell ya groundhog, I know playing at your lvl must be tough,maybe you should spend the gold and reforge some weapons. Did you use the Scroll? Psylocke became simple to beat with QSilver and the Scroll, the AI was predictable for the most part but its def getting better because Ai noticed Bruisers go for Scrappers but other stuff like when a lone Agent uses QJump is still there. And that's priceless,hahaha saved me on more than one occasion.

Would you say you leveled up too fast? Frankly, what do you expext when your level is that high, a cake walk?

I did actually reforge my Coulson's Revenge since it was about 60-70 lvls outdated. I suppose my issue with being a higher level isn't in that it's harder to compete int he matches, it's that I'm competeing with players that are way lower than me in the tourney. My thinking is that anyone at my level is most definitely serious about playing the game and have put a lot of time, energy and/or money into playing. Those are my opponents. For people at lesser levels, their opponents are divided into people that play seriously or play casually. Casual players aren't looking for good strategies or investing in the game and win ratios should be higher. If anything, I'd love to see there be different levels or brackets of competition where people are ranked within those brackets instead of everyone grouped together. No matter how hard I strategize or play, I will never rank higher than a low level player who invests money into having all characters and the best weapons who is playing against regular players who don't do that (which seems to be most lower level players). This was the first season I heard anyone talking about sandbagging and that alone tells me that other people are seeing that it's better to be stronger and be at a lower level with less competition. I'm not looking for a cake walk, just better balance for everyone. I feel like I'm at a handicap just because I've played more.

Having said all of that, it's just a game and Playdom has never said that they offer a fair or balanced game or PvP system.

Also - are you guys checking here:

http://www.avengersallianceguide.com/2012/06/claim-your-avengers-alliance-bonus.html

I've only just discovered it and realised that i've been missing out on quite a lot of free gifts. It's mostly energy or challenge points, but every now and then there seems to be gold or command points on offer.

Might be worth keeping bookmarked and checking in on from time to time.

Yeah Nessex I use that and this thread on the Playdom Forum I ended up getting a couple hundred unstable isos because of it.

Also just unlocked Magneto (I luckily won the last two covers using four lockboxes) and Havok a couple minutes ago, now I've got the rest of the month to try and get the boss drop weapons.

Nice work.

I am, unfortunately, up to the stage where i need to acquire 10 lock-boxes and have completed all the easy tasks in the Magneto sub-quest. So now i have to wait it out and hope that i get some in the boss battle roulette. Otherwise, i'm going to have to get 4 Star mastery on each level before i get Havok :/

Thanks for the link - i'll give that one a go too and see if i can scrounge up some more Iso's.

I've gotten lucky with deploys, they've net me a couple lockboxes at a time, when I got to six covers I just started opening single lockboxes. I hope they continue this lockbox system, duplicates are kind of frustrating but it only (in my case) it didn't take that long to unlock Magneto, and I got a whole bunch of command points through the boxes, I just recruited Psylocke and she is awesome. Now I've got a bunch of characters to level up, the game is now relevant to me again.

Now I am just missing six characters: Mockingbird, Emma Frost, Punisher, Spider-Man, Black Panther and Captain America. I've got enough CP to recruit any of the 90 point heroes but I think I'll save up for Punisher, though Captain America is needed for the next premium mission and I really like where the Syndicate storyline is going.

Edited by Heroic Slacker

I think i've resigned myself to never having Mockingbird. If they give fair warning of her going to be made aviable again for a limited time, then i *might* be able to CP farm enough to have her..... but i don't see the developers doing that.

Huh. What's sad is X-23 will most likely be way better than Wolverine is in the game. For one of the most expensive regular characters, he probably sucks the most and is in need of a major overhaul.

Edit: Actually, just saw where they've announced Wolverine will be updated majorly. Nevermind.

Edited by groundhog7s

That makes no sense, but her moves and passives make her a beast. A very, very ugly looking beast.

After opening 190+ lockboxes, I finally got Magneto. He doesn't seem to be worth all of the trouble and I really wish they wouldn't do more characters this way (although it looks like they're set up for more).

Stupid Al Gore and his lockboxes...

i'd usually rush to get a new character, but i'm going to hold off one Wasp until i have a few more command points. I always seem to get to just over 100, and then a new character comes along and i'm back down to 0.

Question for anyone who has Magneto: Did you have to complete ALL of the tasks to get him, or did you just luck-out with lock-boxes? I'm wondering if it's worth completing all the deploys in the Special Ops in order to obtain lock-boxes, or would i be better off just doing the higher scoring missions in an effort to get 4 stars of mastery in each mission?

I kinda figure that the game *might* be rigged to only let you get Magneto after completing all of his tasks, regardless of how many lock-boxes you win along the way, but i'd love to be proven wrong.