UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Avengers Alliance

Squall

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With just a few days left, I think I've figured out one of the best ways to let the computer win for you when you're defending and not playing. I equipped Hoarfrost Mace yesterday just to try it out (it's available in the new Spec. Ops missions). It makes it so your agent uses Protect every turn and when they get down to zero health they still keep playing for awhile. Plus, when they first get beat everyone in your party gets Super Heroic which greatly increases attack and defense. I'm using it with Doc Strange, who gets protected long enough to use Teressing Boost and I've barely played and yet have moved from over 5% to .8% in about a days time. I've noticed most of the players higher than me have worked this into their play too so if you can get it soon it might help.

Edited by groundhog7s

Hmmm - i've equipped Odins Staff/Cane, but i'm finding that i'm still slipping in the periods that i'm not online. I went from top 3% to 7.5% over night. I don't think i'm gonna get Cable this time around, or even the scrapper suit at this rate.

I think it has a lot more to do with what characters and costumes you have. I've been working with Emma & Doc Strange this round since they nerfed Cap & while it's gotten me into the higher ranks, i'm still getting consistently beaten by people with phoenix costumes or mockingbird.

No Cable for me this time :(... And for some reason I was in the top 1.4% and still can't find my new uniform they've said they rewarded me... Got everything else... Hope it's a temp patch glitch...

It is unlocked for research.

Thanks, Luke! I would have completely missed that.

Now I have to wait for my Odin's Staff research to finish... too bad I couldn't get one before the tournament ended. Third Charm drove me NUTS and seemed way more efficient than Curative Reach :\

Has anyone gotten Tigra yet, PS? They're probably going to have to patch her with some kind of innate ability at some point as she seems a bit plain right now, but I haven't seen her in action yet, so, tough to say.

Also, when your research is done, it should already give you the suit (even though it leads you to where ou can buy it). Don't buy it like I did in the first season.

I ended up 1.7%. I won't be doing this again next time as there are justtoo many things unbalanced in the game. I'm level 206 and have to compete with people at that level who have killer teams, yet the overall ranking is with everyone. So, the lower level person who has invested some in the game has a much better chance of getting higher in the rankings. Plus, I played for the last 6 hours of the season today non-stop and when it hit the last hour in the time it took for me to finish one battle, I lost anywhere between 2 and 4 battles that it had me defending. Extremely flawed and I won't do it again unless something gets fixed.

And yes, Tigra completely sucks. She is easily the hardest character I've had when it comes to levelling up and I see no redeeming value in her at all. Wearing a bikini into battle isn't a very effective power against computer players.

Meh. Beast is almost purely support. Two of his moves don't attack, one attacks, but the main point is it takes away the type-class bonus, and the other attack is mainly to take away protect abilities. Plus his counter-attack is he gets out a book and reads it (I'm not kidding). Very character accurate. Too bad his character sucks in a fight.

yeah - he's kinda interesting, but certainly not a heavy hitter. You will need him if you want to get Valkyrie as he's needed for a deploy in Mission 1 so that you can fight Destroyer.

Still - it might be cheaper just to pay the gold to complete that one if you're not keen on having him in your team.

Chapter 4, Mission 4 is the easiest and most cost efficient (energy-wise) way to command CP, IMO. I believe it's around 70 energy if you combine bosses. It also features Magneto as an epic boss. You need Storm in order to complete all the deploys, but once the map is clear, if you count the spin for Vapor/Fixer and the spin for Magneto, the odds of hitting CP are much greater.

Awesome - Thanks for the tip! I only wish i hadn't completed some of the earlier missions with 4 Star mastery. Once you do that, it seems that you are no longer allowed to complete them on the 'easy' setting - the combat gets scaled up to match whatever level you are.

Awesome - Thanks for the tip! I only wish i hadn't completed some of the earlier missions with 4 Star mastery. Once you do that, it seems that you are no longer allowed to complete them on the 'easy' setting - the combat gets scaled up to match whatever level you are.

I've been farming CP in this particular mission for a while and let me tell you, the Fixer + Vapor combo becomes a real pain in the ass when they start matching level in terms of difficulty. It's all about turn advantage since Vapor gets two turns and Fixer keeps upgrading to not only increase HP but to introduce Nanoplaguing which is impossible to clear up. I'm level 57 and I still get KO'd once or twice every time I try to defeat 'em. Granted, I'm usually using lower-leveled characters to try and level them up, but still...

huh - mine says he's 90???

perhaps i should jump on it before something changes? Maybe the worse you did at PVP the less he costs? Pity points, perhaps? LOL

What about Tigra? How much is she showing for everyone? I've got her @ 90.