UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Avengers Alliance

Squall

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just added you.

If you're desperate, you can always check out the Avengers Alliance page on FB. There are hundreds of folks on there asking for people to 'recruit' them.

I haven't done it yet, because i've already got about 10 or 15 friends playing - but it would certainly be one way to bolster your ranks a bit :)

Even though they aren't advertising him on the news page yet, Quicksilver is available and is amazing. He's a Scrapper and gets two turns every rotation. Plus, if you attack an Infiltrator, the follow up action hits everyone. And he builds up quickness and uses one each time to counter attacks. Potentially, he could be one of the hardest characters to beat when hopped up on Iso-8's.

And the Phoenix Force costumes are available.

Yeah - i've just recruited him. It's actually fun having 3 low level characters to build up again (i just got Magik & Thor). You make some pretty quick leaps through levels at the earlier stages.

So Deadpool has just been made available . . . . but only to the top 1000 competitors in the PvP contest <_<

Obviously they want more people playing PvP - but to offer such a popular character to so few people seems a bit short-sighted of the developers.

It says he'll be available there first, so most likely a general release sometime after that. I'm quite happy that they are finally doing something with PvP, I need to upgrade my Magik and Human Torch some more, has anyone gotten the Annihilus Torch? Is he worth it?

Right now i'm using Cap & Quicksilver.

Cap almost always goes first (unless against another Cap) , as does quicksilver - Plus he takes two shots, meaning you can get three shots in before the opponent gets a chance to go. Even more if you're using Quicksilver to attack an infiltrator.

Although - i am only in like the top 15% .... so maybe you wanna take advice from someone a little closer to getting Deadpool than i am right now :P

The best characters I've seen are usually newer costumes and/or the more expensive characters.

Future Foundation, New Human Torch,Cap, Thor, Scarlet Witch, Rogue, Emma Frost, Mockingbird, Kitty Pryde(alt cost), Quicksilver, Magik

really any character can be good on the right team, Coordinated Attacks and Defense and all those bonus abilities are a huge deal. The Green and Red numbers next to your Name and Health/Energy are a big factor, getting them to Level 12, using powerful Isos depending on your strategy. Like I tend to focus on Evasion and Accuracy. Teams with a lot of starting Health like 3-4k have been killin it.

if you can only get one new character, save up for Cap or Spidey I'd say, try an get some bonuses, Future Foundation is great for one member and awesome with two members from what I've seen.

There are bonues for using Avengers together and Phoenix 5 bonuses have been really good,particularly Frost/Magik team.

the top 1000 is going to be extremely difficult, but at least Pool will be available at some point later on. what stinks is I missed Mockingbird and Emma Frost.

Now that I'm back to work, it means more MAA. And I just hit the 'Vibranium' PvP rank (4th highest rank) and it's been a bear. I've redone my group four times now to get to this spot (ranked 1800something). I'm using Phoenix Emma and Phoenix Colossus and have an ion cannon, electromagnetic accelerator, rocket pistol and Coulson's Revenge and have all the top ISO's. And I still get beat fairly frequently. I'm seeing almost everyone with Cap, Emma, Colossus or Mockingbird (who can be extremely devestating and is waaaaay to overpowered inthe game) and lots of Phoenix weapons (especially the Phoenix Pinion). I'm not sure I'll make it too the top 1000 since the higher the rank the more you fall when you lose. The people who get Deadpool will easily be the people who have spent the most on the game probably.

I used Cap and Hulk for a while, but Cap kept getting wiped out on the first round even with his health and defense jacked up on ISO. The same thing happened when I used Spidey. I am back to Wanda and Hulk, which is working a little better. I am in the top 2% now and hoping I can hit the 1%. I have no expectations of getting Deadpool.