UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Query about Wave 1 Star Sapphire

Urban Saboteur

Hey Guys,

I got thinking about my previous collection, I particularly remember being disappointed with the Wave 1 Star Sapphire. It's not a figure that I miss, and to try and show you why i'm going to post a photo up of the Star Sapphire I used to have,

4262162839_885377b7ee_z.jpg

I was quite happy with most of the figure, all apart from her Mask, now I know I don't have the pointy bit of the mask near her nose lined up with the centre of her Lips, but even if I did, the eyes don't seem at centre or straight. It's like she has a wonky mask or something. :unsure:

So I wanted to ask those of you that have Star Sapphire, do you have this issue? I can't imagine she's meant to have this flaw, or do you simply not care so much about this Minimate?

If possible can you post up a picture of yours, so i can compare, I'm thinking i just got a bad one out of the factory last time. Just got a little unlucky.

What do you guys think? am i being overly picky?

In friendship

Rich

I wasn't a fan either -- which is why I traded her away & then had Luke do a custom for me (the JLU Star Sapphire) that I adore.

Mine wasn't wonky like that, for the record.

I have several of this figure (need lots of Hal Jordan's for variations) and I don't have any wonky eyes. I think they got a little more creative with DC in later waves.. poor sapphire had to be in wave one.

<sigh> now writing about this makes me wish DC Minimates were on wave 44 like Marvel. :)

Wow.

Thanks for the replies guys, yeah i think the wonky mask one I got made me dislike the figure, I don't mind the character too much and i know she is included with Green Lantern for a reason. I will probably try and pick her up again at some point just to bulk up my DC side. I'll just have to becareful when buying that she doesn't have a bad paint apps like this one. :lol:

At least i know it wasn't something repeated on every figure, that's promising. Can anyone post up an image of their own Star Sapphire for comparison? :unsure:

Thanks guys.