UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Minimates Series 45/TRU: Avengers Movie

luke314pi

Just generally speaking on all this REDACTED/Loki/Villain business...

I feel like it's... at least logically speaking... pretty damned inevitable that the Avengers movie is going to have an Eleventh Hour finale villain we don't know about yet. Loki, while certainly a big name Marvel villain. A classic in his own right. I dunno, I just don't feel he'll cut the mustard for the long haul of this movie. Marvel has something under their hat. I'd bet money on it. And we're not supposed to know it.

I feel like this day in age... quite often... there's the promotional villain... the one we see in commercials up front. All the time. And there's the suprise fangasm villain. The one they keep mostly under their hats until release.

I mean...

Two-Face in Dark Knight... Mark II Whiplash... "Final Battle" Deadpool (okay that one kinda backfired, but I don't think the producers meant for it to) I know there are other examples that slip my mind.

Hell, even in video games... all the Arkham City promo material (spoilers for that ahead btw) said "Hugo Strange! Hugo Strange!" and I kept trying to tell people on video game boards "The final mastermind is NOT going to be Hugo Strange... he just can't support something of the "final encounter" calibur. He's not big enough. There will be a plot twist revealing a true mastermind." but they told me I was wrong, and egad, shock and awe... I was right. I even called Ras as the true mastermind, and correctly predicted their entire plot, I might add. The side-business with Joker and Clayface I didn't unravel, but Hugo and Ras' roles I pretty much had pegged down 100% a month before release. But enough tooting my own horn...

I get the same vibe I got with Arkham with Avengers...

Don't get me wrong, I think Loki has way more capable super-villain prowess than Hugo... but I dunno. Been there. Done that. He's a Thor villain, not an Avengers villain, and we've already seen most of what he brings to the table. I don't feel he's enough for the KABLOW Finale Villain in this movie...

So I predict more.

Be it Thanos, or Super Skrull, or something else entirely. I predict more. And no, not just the drones of the REDACTED army... a real REDACTED Powerhouse. Is what I mean.

Best not to blow their Loki load here anyway. He's fine as a plot device to lead into the real threat... but better to save his true power play for a Thor sequel.

Edited by Gillbob316

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh there will be a powerhouse big bad who thinks this is all his idea. But Loki, especially this version of Loki, is a trickster and a manipulator. The powerhouse and his drones are only pointed at Earth due to Loki and their betrayal at his hands is inevitable cause that's what Loki does. Loki does not share power, nor does he do his own fighting unless he think he's stacked the deck so he can't lose even if he loses. I fully expect a powerhouse, since that will take everyone's eye of Loki, allowing him to move forward with his real plan, which I'm guessing has something to do with the tesseral. But make no mistake, it will all be Loki pulling the strings. Which is how it should be. The Avengers being formed should always be an unintended side effect of one of Loki's schemes. Thus is ever was, thus it ever should be.

I may be wrong. But just taking what we've seen of the only known villain, and what the previews show, the essence of the rumormill (without the specifics), and a little story logic that's my theory.

I have a feeling that there will not be any other "Big Bad" unless a REDACTED is pretending to be Big and Bad.

DST will be doing a Marvel Select Villain character, "seen" here for pre-order at Big Bad Toy Store, and the description does not sound too promising. :(

I have a feeling that there will not be any other "Big Bad" unless a REDACTED is pretending to be Big and Bad.

DST will be doing a Marvel Select Villain character, "seen" here for pre-order at Big Bad Toy Store, and the description does not sound too promising. :(

'buy multiples to give the heroes a real fight! '

This sounds very much to me like the Army Builder REDACTED character. Skrulls/Kree/Etc . . .

But Remember: diamond doesn't always KNOW what the character at the end is going to be. This is why there wasn't a Final Battle Whiplash figure made by anyone. I wouldn't take this as a sign that there will not be another BigBad.

It's the Galactus Cloud from FF2!

I love how movies always make ridiculous villians like Galactus or Parallax more "realistic" by portraying them as big energy cloud, like a huge guy with space antlers or a giant bug just isn't practical enough to threaten the earth. I think it would be kind of hilarious if one day a really huge guy showed up to destroy the earth by literally eating it or punching it or something.

'buy multiples to give the heroes a real fight! '

This sounds very much to me like the Army Builder REDACTED character. Skrulls/Kree/Etc . . .

But Remember: diamond doesn't always KNOW what the character at the end is going to be. This is why there wasn't a Final Battle Whiplash figure made by anyone. I wouldn't take this as a sign that there will not be another BigBad.

I agree. But this still means we will not be seeing one in Minimate/toy form. That was more where my dismay was coming from.

• 4 weeks later...

Pix are up at BBTS (sorry if they leaked it, Zach, but reporting is reporting. :lol: )

Iron Man looks great. I like that they lost the bulkiness around the midsection from the first two IM movie figures.

Cap looks... accurate... I'm just not a fan of the costume from the Avengers movie. I think the one form the Cap movie was a lot cooler, and that Minimate, as a result, looked way better, too.

Thor looks good, although the hair is a little 80's rocker for my taste.

Maria Hill! Not shown, but yay! I hope the SHIELD movie costumes look kind of like the comic ones...

post-238-0-44936000-1327101453_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lobsterman

Thor looks good, although the hair is a little 80's rocker for my taste.

You're right about the look of that Thor. I hate the figure but I'll pick it up for the hairpiece. I have an idea for a custom.

I like the gloves and boots on Iron Man. I never liked the old ones that made him a little too tall.

Just generally speaking on all this REDACTED/Loki/Villain business...

I feel like it's... at least logically speaking... pretty damned inevitable that the Avengers movie is going to have an Eleventh Hour finale villain we don't know about yet. Loki, while certainly a big name Marvel villain. A classic in his own right. I dunno, I just don't feel he'll cut the mustard for the long haul of this movie. Marvel has something under their hat. I'd bet money on it. And we're not supposed to know it.

I feel like this day in age... quite often... there's the promotional villain... the one we see in commercials up front. All the time. And there's the suprise fangasm villain. The one they keep mostly under their hats until release.

I mean...

Two-Face in Dark Knight... Mark II Whiplash... "Final Battle" Deadpool (okay that one kinda backfired, but I don't think the producers meant for it to) I know there are other examples that slip my mind.

Hell, even in video games... all the Arkham City promo material (spoilers for that ahead btw) said "Hugo Strange! Hugo Strange!" and I kept trying to tell people on video game boards "The final mastermind is NOT going to be Hugo Strange... he just can't support something of the "final encounter" calibur. He's not big enough. There will be a plot twist revealing a true mastermind." but they told me I was wrong, and egad, shock and awe... I was right. I even called Ras as the true mastermind, and correctly predicted their entire plot, I might add. The side-business with Joker and Clayface I didn't unravel, but Hugo and Ras' roles I pretty much had pegged down 100% a month before release. But enough tooting my own horn...

I get the same vibe I got with Arkham with Avengers...

Don't get me wrong, I think Loki has way more capable super-villain prowess than Hugo... but I dunno. Been there. Done that. He's a Thor villain, not an Avengers villain, and we've already seen most of what he brings to the table. I don't feel he's enough for the KABLOW Finale Villain in this movie...

So I predict more.

Be it Thanos, or Super Skrull, or something else entirely. I predict more. And no, not just the drones of the REDACTED army... a real REDACTED Powerhouse. Is what I mean.

Best not to blow their Loki load here anyway. He's fine as a plot device to lead into the real threat... but better to save his true power play for a Thor sequel.

Fixed that for you.