UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Minimates Series 45/TRU: Avengers Movie

luke314pi

these are looking like beautiful mates, and I think you did a good job with that hairpiece Pun, Renner basically has a fivehead.

Interesting thing with the Loki make, and this isn't a film 'spoiler', but that look is his dressed down outfit... I don't think he wore the helmet once with that costume. When he had the helmet he reverted to his regal look, like when he was king for 5mins in Thor. Y'know... just another reason to lament that missing hairpiece.

I dunno, it looks like in all the promotional headshots that he's wearing the helmet in this costume. The ones without the helmet don't have a cape and no gold on the shoulder pads. They are very similar, but i think this is the right Loki costume.

Hawkeye's hair looks like it comes down a little far, but it's not that bad. Maybe i'll change my mind when i have it in person, but it looks alright from the pics. GREAT pics btw, Punisher.

you may well be right, but remember most toy, merchandise, etc. is based on early concept stuff. I do think the minimate, as cool as it is, ended up being somewhere in the middle of his two looks. When he has the helmet, he also gets the cape, and a significant amount of armour. The rest (almost all) of the time, he is stripped down, much like the minimate (minus the cape)... and without the helmet.

its all very trivial, I know, but that seems to be what us comic fans are best at. Google image searching 'loki avengers movie'... the 1st and 11th images should show those looks (without spoiling anything).

anyway, I like President Baltar's hair on a movie Loki, but a quick repaint, and the one that comes with Captain Britain or the Zombie Biker could work a real treat.

Edited by dj87

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its all very trivial, I know, but that seems to be what us comic fans are best at. Google image searching 'loki avengers movie'... the 1st and 11th images should show those looks (without spoiling anything).

... but pictures 2 through 10 spoil EVERYTHING. :teehee:

a few scenes from the trailer, a Hasbro toy, some fan art and a promo picture? :tongue:

EDIT - links to those two pics in the spoiler

Edited by dj87

a few scenes from the trailer, a Hasbro toy, some fan art and a promo picture? :tongue:

But the armored helmet look you linked is that one. Check out the shoulders and the wrists on the Minimate; the shoulders have a gold tampo, and the wrists have gauntlets unlike the first link. Added green and gold on the robe too, plus the cape.

Maybe my eyes are deceiving me or it's a mix of the two, but i rally think this is the "right" Loki this time. (While i do appreciate getting "King Loki" in Thor, i really liked casual Loki's costume)

Regardless, it's great-looking. :thumbsup:

But the armored helmet look you linked is that one. Check out the shoulders and the wrists on the Minimate; the shoulders have a gold tampo, and the wrists have gauntlets unlike the first link. Added green and gold on the robe too, plus the cape.

Maybe my eyes are deceiving me or it's a mix of the two, but i rally think this is the "right" Loki this time. (While i do appreciate getting "King Loki" in Thor, i really liked casual Loki's costume)

Regardless, it's great-looking. :thumbsup:

Oh Twisted, let us not fret! I do believe you may be right, every time I go back and look at the mate it has more gold than I remember (its still a mix of the two, like he has gold painted robes, instead of the plate mail!)

It certainly is great-looking, regardless :thumbsup:

God... I want to go and see that film again.

I think the Chitauri General is the variant, but not positive. I guess I see why they had to wait on them since they are named "Chitauri" on the packaging while the Lego packaging just called them alien.

fbf05ca4.jpg

Anyone try a Mandarin hairpiece for Loki yet?

I did (just now, when you suggested it :P). A little too long, and not quite the same style, but close enough.

Ironman's hair from...i think neo Classic is almost perfect, its a tad short but it looks spot on from the front, at least it did for the first movie...though its not as slick

Try the Domino hair, ears would be off, but nothing paint can't fix.

Hey guys, my brother and myself wanted to show off our Marvel Cinematic Universe collection, now that he received his Hawkeye/Black Widow order today.

IMG_0075.jpg

First, here are the Avengers. I am using the older models of most of the main characters until my order from BBTS comes in. Took a left-over Asgardian Guard and a left-over hair piece from an Iron Man 2 set to create a sorta Mark Ruffalo Bruce Banner. And, I added the hair from a left-over Silver Centurion Iron Man set I got a long time ago, looks pretty sweet. We'll wait and see how it looks on the new Loki.

IMG_0072.jpg

Next we have the Incredible Hulk collection. Really small set compare to the others, but still some of my favorites.

IMG_0077.jpg

Then we have the Thor collection. Also I will be getting a Asgardian Guard/Civilian Thor from toysrus to add to my collection. Really cheap, like $5, if you have not gotten it yet, I suggest you should.

IMG_0071.jpg

Next is my personal favorite movie series, the Captain America collection. Really, one of my most favorite movies of the MCU, until I see the Avengers at midnight on Thursday/Friday.

IMG_0073.jpg

Finally, the biggest set I have, my Iron Man 1&2 collection. Took me a while to find most of the figures, also, if you can notice I customized one set of the Hammer Drones. I'll post better pictures of those guys later. I've also switched the heads on the James Rhodes figure from Iron Man 1 because there was a chip on the face paint for the Terrance Howard one. (Plus, Don Cheadle is 10x better than Howard. Ex: See The Ocean's Trilogy, Hotel Rwanda, and recently Hou$e of Lie$.) I'll be trying to find the exclusive TRU and Borders Iron Man 1&2 figures.

But yeah, I will post updated photos of our collection when I get the Avengers collection in. Hope you all enjoyed looking at my collection.

Edited by ABC123

It always catches me off guard when you talk about not having such-and-such Minimates in your collection. I just imagine there being an employee sample vault or a big bowl of Minimates at the front reception desk of DST headquarters, and you can grab whatever you need. :teehee:

cant wait to get these, they look gorgeous. Its just a shame not being able to get the TRU wave in the UK without resorting to ebay.

Slightly off topic, Zach has DST ever thought about doing mimimates in British TRU's?

cant wait to get these, they look gorgeous. Its just a shame not being able to get the TRU wave in the UK without resorting to ebay.

Slightly off topic, Zach has DST ever thought about doing mimimates in British TRU's?

I think that, unfortunately, TRU International has as yet passed on Minimates. If it were up to DST, they'd be there.

It always catches me off guard when you talk about not having such-and-such Minimates in your collection. I just imagine there being an employee sample vault or a big bowl of Minimates at the front reception desk of DST headquarters, and you can grab whatever you need. :teehee:

I like to think Chuck keeps it on his desk and slaps your hand when he's displeased about something. "No Minimates for you, Oat! Where's my package pics?"