UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Minimates Series 45/TRU: Avengers Movie

luke314pi

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, i always pronounce it "chee-tar-ee" so i'm hoping that's right...didn't they say it in Ultimate Avengers 2??

Probably, but it's been awhile since I've seen it. Weren't they also in the first one, too?

They were, and as I've not read any Ultimates, that is my only experience of them. Thought they were very dull and generic in those.

I think, think... they pronounced it shit-tar-ree in those.

Can anyone give me a primary source where the name was revealed? By Whedon or whomever? I am looking, but haven;t found it yet.

Pretty much just Google "Joss confirms alien army" and you'll get hundreds of links to people reporting that he stated the name at a press conference. It was so many days ago (in internet terms) that the original source is probably too far down the ladder now.

But yes, we all already know. :thumbsup:

Can anyone give me a primary source where the name was revealed? By Whedon or whomever? I am looking, but haven;t found it yet.

Pretty much just Google "Joss confirms alien army" and you'll get hundreds of links to people reporting that he stated the name at a press conference. It was so many days ago (in internet terms) that the original source is probably too far down the ladder now.

But yes, we all already know. :thumbsup:

That's just it, I find the same quote everywhere, but no full transcript of the conference, and no footage of it. Just odd, is all. Even the quote doesn't make sense.

Soooo... do we know, or do we think we know cause we read it online? Had anyone here actually seen the alleged press conference clips or only read about them? Cause, well, people have been known to lie, then sit back and watch fandom get all excited about nothin'. Not sayin', just sayin'.

edit

Just tried to find video of Joss confirming it, and I couldn't find it. Found a TON of self made videos of people reporting Joss had said, but note of him saying it. And a lot of the text reports are from second hand sources as well. I am not saying it doesn't exist, just that I haven't found it yet. And the fact I can not readily do so is making me a smeg skeptical.

Edited by Mirymate

It seems like a tempest in a teapot at this point. We know what they look like, and they don't look like anything in either the 616 or Ultimate 'verse. What they're called is rendered basically moot, because they're now simply "some shapeshifting alien race Joss Whedon made up."

A rose by any other name, right?

For anyone who wants to see the "Blacked Out" figures just go to google and type in MARVEL Chitauri there are images of The Complete Set of WAVE 45 Ironman, Hulk, Thor, Cap. America, Maria Hill, Chitauri soldier, and the variant Chitauri General and then theres the TRU wave with Nick fury/Loki and Black WIdow/ Hawkeye just thought i would let you guys know if you are interested they look pretty cool!

I think Zach said there's nothin' under the helmets or chest pieces. I'm sure he'll correct me if I'm wrong on that.

And do we have an official name release yet, or are we still quoting from a press confrence that no one seems to have actually been at, have video of, but none the less has been taken as fact. I HATE sounding like a Doubting Thomas here, but I've been looking for the actual source reporting on this since Zach first asked, and still havn't found anything but the same second hand reports. Not saying they've aren't the Ulti-Skrulls, they may well be. But I'm starting to disbelieve the "Whedon confirms ID" story.

I *think* i read Chuck or Zach say that they have blank head-blocks underneath, as they weren't shown what the faces under the masks looked like at the time of design.

Someone correct me if i'm wrong on this one.

EDIT: ooops - beaten to it.

Edited by Nessex

Yeah, Zach said they weren't provided with any designs from Marvel to allow them to put tampos under the helmet/chestpiece.

I have a feeling that the "name" of the Alien race is never actually spoken in the movie, and that they are nothing more than fodder for the Hulk to destroy. *If* they are the Chitauri, I doubt they will do any shape-shifting and that their design will eventually (sooner rather than later) be introduced/retconned into mainstream 616 comic continuity.

Kevin Feige recently made the following statement:

"Truthfully [the aliens] are Loki's army and what is most important about them is that they are Loki's army. The notion of Skrulls and Kree and the amount of speculation -- the great thing about the fans just want to know everything they don't know. They wanted to fill in the blank, and that blank wasn't particularly important of who the aliens were; we revealed Loki a long time ago, he was the main bad guy."

"There's a reveal at the end -- the notion that Loki has made an arrangement with somebody, that somebody has provided these extremely deadly and creepy and cool aliens to fight alongside him and then to reveal who that somebody was, that's all Joss and that was sort of the big payoff," Feige said.

The heads are blank grey underneath (I said I was PRETTY SURE we never got that reference), and the general does come with a different gun, but I don't think it's that one. You can see it better here:

newgroup.jpg

...Actually, it might be something vaguely resembling that one. Perhaps we weren't given a context for it? Might require a mod to be fully screen accurate.

Edited by Zach Oat

Can I just point out that it's pretty awesome that the pics that are showing up all over the internet of the aliens that have been kept secret for so long are of DSTs Minimates and Marvel Select? That's some of the best free advertising for the company that i can think of.

You know, and I never thought I'd say this, but the REDACTED's duck feet really don't bother me. Based on what we've seen they've got weird looking feet anyway and, I don't know, it just seems like maybe the duck feet found their place. Hopefully now that they've been made whole, they won't ever be used again.

Edited by Turtle