UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Minimates Series 45/TRU: Avengers Movie

luke314pi

From the AA Blog:

In the past, Diamond Select Toys has delivered great assortments of Minimates for the Marvel movies Thor, Iron Man, Captain America: The First Avenger and The Incredible Hulk. Well, this summer they’re taking everything they’ve learned and they’re assembling the most awesome line-up of Minimate heroes ever! Hitting stores this spring, there will be two assortments of figures, one exclusively available at Toys “R” Us stores and on toysrus.com, and another only at comic book shops and specialty stores, but both are packed to the gills with Avengers!

Marvel Minimates Wave 45 (Specialty stores/comic shops)

- Captain America & Thor

- Iron Man MK7 & Hulk

- Nick Fury & REDACTED (exclusive)

- Maria Hill & REDACTED (exclusive)

Marvel Minimates - The Avengers (Toys “R” Us/toysrus.com)

- Captain America & Thor

- Iron Man MK7 & Hulk

- Hawkeye & Black Widow (exclusive)

- Loki & REDACTED (exclusive)

Additionally, there will be an assortment of single-packed figures available at comic and specialty shops that will showcase the various classes of SHIELD agents, and will be your only place to pick up Dr. Bruce Banner!

Check back soon for pictures of the entire wave!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Hitting stores this spring..."

Are these going to leapfrog Wave 44 and TRU wave 13, I wonder? Sometimes it seems like the movie merch is on a different calendar than the comic-based stuff. Color me a little skeptical, with wave 43 realistically not coming out until February, and TRU 12 not hitting in force until January, which puts 13 probably in March/April.

Hopefully there will be a corresponding comic book wave... or is that what wave 44 is?

Dunno. But I wouldn't be surprised to see a comic box set that ties into Avengers history at the conventions this summer. Especially if my guess on the army builder is right.

As for the new waves, I'll wait until we see the pictures. And hopefully movie SHIELD agents look like the comic.

At first I was excited, but then I was thinking about it and my voracious tenacity for stuff that is minimates went to a luke-warm feeling of, "I don't really care", but i will still want to see pics.

I'm thinking "redacted" are Skrulls.

Yuuuuup!

I dunno... Could be Kree. The Skrulls are more connected with the Fantastic Four than the Avengers. The Kree, from what I can tell, are more Avengers connected than Fantastic Four. Unless they go Ultimate route and make them the Chitauri. Whatever it is, it is alien. That much is obvious.

This looks pretty ideal to me (and just how we called it in the Avengers movie thread). I'm looking forward to it. Marvel has done a good job with their movies, and DST has matched them with the 'mates so I expect these to impress. I'm really looking forward to seeing pics.

The Skrulls are more connected with the Fantastic Four than the Avengers.

You didn't read Secret Invasion, did you? The Skrulls are now more connected to the entire MU than the Kree or Chitauri.

And any guess - even the Chitauri - is valid, because none of us know who the "big bad" in Avengers is going to be.

Hopefully there will be a corresponding comic book wave... or is that what wave 44 is?

Wave 44 is the main comic-book counterpart to the movie line, and should come out first, but there may be some supplemental comic-style Avengers figures, as well, for those of you seeking more members/foes, etc.

Wave 13 is June, so after this.

Awesome. That makes sense. Can't wait to see what toher members/foes there might be!

The Skrulls are more connected with the Fantastic Four than the Avengers.

You didn't read Secret Invasion, did you? The Skrulls are now more connected to the entire MU than the Kree or Chitauri.

And any guess - even the Chitauri - is valid, because none of us know who the "big bad" in Avengers is going to be.

Isn't the main bad guy Loki? I thought he gets the Cosmic Cube and becomes super-powered and awesome. I'm sure there will be someone (or multiple someones) that he gets to help, because I can't imagine Loki fighting all the Avengers for two hours could be THAT interesting...

"big bad"

Heh.

Thus is BVS' endure contribution to heroic fiction. And because its Whedon written/directed I'm sure they'll be one other than Loki.

Could be Kree, could be Skrulls. Kinda hopin' for Kree. (and hoping 44 was a hint) Wave seems solid enough. Yes Clint and Tasha are TRU exclusives, but really have any of us had that much trouble finding a TRU exclusive Marvel-movie-mate? Heck, I can still get ou the ones from last summer's Marvel movies if you like.

My plot guess... Three forces, or the appearance thereof. There will be the Avengers/SHIELD, a Threat from space that will be either Kree or Skrull, and then Loki who arrives to "warn" everyone of the danger and offer forces to aide humanity. Of course Loki is who pointed the threat at Earth and the whole scheme is a plan to punish Midgard while trying to get back in Odin's good graces by appearing to defend it. Thus Loki will in fact be the big bad, but he won't appear to be so.

Yes Clint and Tasha are TRU exclusives, but really have any of us had that much trouble finding a TRU exclusive Marvel-movie-mate? Heck, I can still get ou the ones from last summer's Marvel movies if you like.

I do. Or at least I would if it wasn't for the help from various members on this board. Without it, I'd be victim to eBay scalpers, bidding wars and people who think it's OK to charge $30 to ship to the UK.

I'd heard rumours a certain cosmic foe with a love for Death and a fondness for gem encrusted gauntlets that sit snugly on the left hand (which had a "blink and you'll miss it but even when I was looking I couldn't bloody well see it!" cameo in Thor) MAAAAAAAAY be in this movie. Plus when you consider we have two REDACTED that sit snugly where an Army Builder would and one in the TRU wave that an extra plot centric movie character might be...

Wave 44 is the main comic-book counterpart to the movie line, and should come out first, but there may be some supplemental comic-style Avengers figures, as well, for those of you seeking more members/foes, etc.

Wave 13 is June, so after this.

TRU Series 13 is out in June? I thought they, and the Jean DeWolff specialty shop stuff would be out much sooner than that.

Also, supplemental comic-style members/foes sounds like my last, great hope.

My plot guess... Three forces, or the appearance thereof. There will be the Avengers/SHIELD, a Threat from space that will be either Kree or Skrull, and then Loki who arrives to "warn" everyone of the danger and offer forces to aide humanity. Of course Loki is who pointed the threat at Earth and the whole scheme is a plan to punish Midgard while trying to get back in Odin's good graces by appearing to defend it. Thus Loki will in fact be the big bad, but he won't appear to be so.

I like it... though its essentially the plot to Thor, isn't it? Loki, pointing Frost Giants at Asgard.

Am I the only one annoyed that this is three whole waves of retread Avengers, both comic and movie, when you combine these with Wave 44? I mean, the only thing I'm hopeful for with this wave is we'll finally get a hairpiece for movie Loki. The selling point of these waves to me is a hairpiece!!

*sigh* I guess I'm not going to be buying a lot of minimates this summer. It's a shame, because I'd really like to, but a Kree sentry and a movie Maria Hill just isn't worth it.