UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel wave 44

Lobsterman

Had to Google that. It sounded familiar but I couldn't place it. Well done.

Google, his arms wide. Zach, his eyes opened!

Not much of a memory feat to be honest :whistling:, I've been watching the series in reruns for the first time since I was a kid, and this episode aired just last week...

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will let you guys know as soon as Diamond has them "on the water".

EDIT: I just checked, and the list was updated today, and these are officially "on the water", which usually puts them at 3 weeks out.

It looks like I will be getting another custom case from you soon then. :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

... and still no packaged pix of TRU wave 13. So we're looking at June or July for those? I guess TRU would want to sell through all the Avengers stuff before stocking more comic Marvel sets?

Edited by Lobsterman

... and still no packaged pix of TRU wave 13. So we're looking at June or July for those? I guess TRU would want to sell through all the Avengers stuff before stocking more comic Marvel sets?

I wouldn't let whether or not there are packaged pics dictate timelines for you. I had packaged samples of TRU 13 at Toy Fair. Lurch 77 won one in a contest. I haven't requested photos of them, but they probably exist. That said, I have no idea when they will be released. Probably after some Avengers toys are gone, yes.

I wouldn't let whether or not there are packaged pics dictate timelines for you.

But... but... but... whaddya think we've been doing for 13 waves? Lemme explain... no it'd take to long, lemme sum up: package pics appear on DST website, wait 6 weeks, they start turning up in the store. You could set your watch to it. Mostly. Not sure how or why it worked, but it did. This is why there's an obsession with TRU package pics.

Huh. I could see that working with specialty, but TRU? Maybe it's just recently that they've started to hold stuff back, but I would think TRU would be the least predictable. It might be entirely my fault. I've thrown off the rhythm of our art director, Steve, who used to post those shots. I'll try to bug him for shots more regularly and post them earlier. I still haven't posted Avengers packaging, and I actually have Expendables and ASM packaged samples in hand. It gets a little overwhelming.

1335918389[/url]' post='223653']

Huh. I could see that working with specialty, but TRU? Maybe it's just recently that they've started to hold stuff back, but I would think TRU would be the least predictable. It might be entirely my fault. I've thrown off the rhythm of our art director, Steve, who used to post those shots. I'll try to bug him for shots more regularly and post them earlier. I still haven't posted Avengers packaging, and I actually have Expendables and ASM packaged samples in hand. It gets a little overwhelming.

Do you maybe need an intern or something? Huh? Huuuuuuhhhhh?

I can not now, nor ever could, explain how it was working for the TRU waves, but it was. Package shots, 6 weeks (give or take), you'd get you first sightings and eBay in hand auctions.

Now I don't say any of this as a "Dude, you screwed up our system." kinda thing. You've been doin' a heck of a job as a general rule, and it's been a gas that you're willing to hang around here to do more than answer questions. But if you're wondering what the obsession with package shots is, and why not seeing them for 13 means folks are assuming a June release, well now you know. (I'd rather see the tray shots you've been posting lately anyway, personally)

edit-

You can intern if you want, Geo. (I gots bills to pay) I'd be happy to take a paid position if you're looking for one. Full or Part time, I'm flexible.

Edited by Mirymate

Clerk at my LCS just texted me to say that he pulled Scott Lang for me! Looking forward to tomorrow very much, though it seems they haven't gotten Wave 45 yet :ermm:

mine is only getting 44 too, i am so let down. i am crazy excited about wave 45 well i hope tru gets them (not likely)

Comic shops shouldn't be getting 45 yet. Zach said TRU was late April, and 45 not till after the premiere. Only TRU and a few online shops have the full wave.

I'll admit it, i really want Scott Lang. But now i'm debating getting the rest of the wave or not; they are in the boxsets....but the accessories and quality look so good!!

I can work for free. I'm independently wealthy. It's why I can spend so much time taking pictures at all hours of the day. I'm working on one right this minute.

I'm not. I have several jobs. But really, for DST, I would do things for free. They make things I love, so they deserve me.

EDIT: No. No one deserves me. More no one deserves to be stuck with me.

Edited by The Geohound

Comic shops shouldn't be getting 45 yet. Zach said TRU was late April, and 45 not till after the premiere. Only TRU and a few online shops have the full wave.

I'll admit it, i really want Scott Lang. But now i'm debating getting the rest of the wave or not; they are in the boxsets....but the accessories and quality look so good!!

i know what you mean t2f when i first saw the pics of the boxsets i was sure they were going to can the wave, but guess not. i am debating whether to get this wave. i was never really that excited for it to begin with. that is except for giant/ant man i missed out on the first one.