UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel wave 44

Lobsterman

Druid is a middle-aged balding mystic/mentalist, who wore red tights and a big purple bathrobe. He helped the Avengers during the Mansion seige and was awarded membership. Of course he proved mentally unstable, and betrayed the team, got better, then went nuts again. Damion Helstrom had Druid murdered by Nerka and the body burned in a dumpster. He is one of the most uniquely lame members the Avengers ever had, but he was a member and thus minimate of him is desired by me.

There are a couple X-Men like that I'd like to get my hands on... so I get it.

Boy would I kill for a Marrow... she's not the lamest X-Man ever... but she's still not quite popular enough to ever be a priority.

I'm hoping severely that once Diamond finishes off Marvel vs Capcom 3's roster in its entirety, they might milk the license a little more and dip into the Marvel vs Capcom 2 stash a bit... I believe I remember reading something about the license covering both games. Man I hope that's true and Marrow will see the light of day as a result.

To my knowledge, she, Silver Samurai and Spiral are the only characters exclusive to 2 who have yet to me made so... good for an X-Man fan all around, lol. (Also Shuma Gorath, but... he could technically yet be made as part of MvC3's roster. Should Diamond be up to the challenge of his unique body type)

EDIT: I guess also Blackheart... lol...

Edited by Gillbob316

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dr. Druid? Sure fine. Wanna get down to the really great nut jobs with doctorate degrees (Made up or otherwise)?

Then there is only Dr. Bong.

Also, someone, anyone, Black Talon. Pleasies?

I didn't know who these dudes were, but I want them! A Lot! I was so relieved when Dr. Bong was not some weed smoking gangsta! These are the kind of crazy costumes that make superheroes fun!

btw, not really digging Dr. Druid, the only dead crazy madman I want is Genis -Vell :thumbsup: (he's still dead right?)

Dr. Druid? Sure fine. Wanna get down to the really great nut jobs with doctorate degrees (Made up or otherwise)?

Then there is only Dr. Bong.

Also, someone, anyone, Black Talon. Pleasies?

I didn't know who these dudes were, but I want them! A Lot! I was so relieved when Dr. Bong was not some weed smoking gangsta! These are the kind of crazy costumes that make superheroes fun!

Yeah, Doc B's name IS somewhat misleading, but we're he that kind of thing, I certainly wouldn't give a crap. Plus he fought Howard The Duck... In a manner of speaking. Plus his name is Lester. Bad guys with silly villain names AND silly civilian names are my favorite thing ever. I would point you to Wilbur and Herman. I would actually love a Dr. Bong book, miniseries or otherwise. And Black Talon, well, he does voodoo. He's actually the main bad guy in one of the marvel zombies things. Although, he doesn't wear the chicken costume and is, as such, worthless to me. Sometimes Marvel just throws ridiculous at the wall and whatever sticks goes out the door. And then the stuff that falls of gets put in books randomly for no apparent reason other than to be just weird.

Come on Zach, hell with Kang and Barons Zemo and Von Stucker. Forget the major forces of scum and villainy and all that crap. Dr. Bong / Black Talon 2-pack for NYCC this year.

Edited by The Geohound

Come on Zach, hell with Kang and Barons Zemo and Von Stucker. Forget the major forces of scum and villainy and all that crap. Dr. Bong / Black Talon 2-pack for NYCC this year.

Not sure that I can make Black Talon happen. What about American Eagle (classic version)?

144288-44643-american-eagle.jpg

Not sure that I can make Black Talon happen. What about American Eagle (classic version)?

144288-44643-american-eagle.jpg

Man, another awesome looking dude I never saw! we need this dude too... package him with Dr. Bong if Black Talon can't happen :biggrin:

There are a couple X-Men like that I'd like to get my hands on... so I get it.

Boy would I kill for a Marrow... she's not the lamest X-Man ever... but she's still not quite popular enough to ever be a priority.

Put it to you in a way you X-centric folks can clearly understand- Dr. Druid is the Maggot of the Avengers.

the only dead crazy madman I want is Genis -Vell :thumbsup: (he's still dead right?)

Genis and Phylla are both still dead... this week. Shame to, both had pontential they never quite reached. Mar-Vell's only living child is Hulkling.

At no point in there did you say there would be no Dr. Bong. I immediately take that to mean that he will in fact be revealed at NYCC this year. When he isn't I will scream and go insane.

No I won't but there is the fact that you only said Black Talon wasn't likely. I swear, if Dr. Bong happens ever, I'll never ask for anything from anyone ever again.

And American Eagle would be fun, but I still gotta go with the Chicken Man.

Maybe a Black Talon / Gamecock two back? Part of the "birds of a feather" wave with American Eagle, Black Crow, Falcon w/ FA variant and Vulturion army builders.

Okay, is this place about to become the Minimate Bongiverse? 'Cause I'm not sure I can get on board with that.

Nope, Minibong Multiverse. Better that then the Minidruid Multiverse.

Just to be clear, while I'm voting NO on Proposition Dr. Druid, I'm totally down with Dr. Bong. He can be in the all-Gerber wave with Howard the Duck, the Man-Thing, Nighthawk, Omega the Unknown, the Son of Satan, Foolkiller, and Jennifer Kale (sorry, no army builder).

And, listen, if we're trying to out-goofy each other within the Marvel Universe, well... may I present the trump card:

Captain_Ultra_001.gif

You'll never get goofier then Captain Ultra! Never!

Too much talk of Dr. Bongs and Gamecocks. I no longer feel safe and secure.

Well, less, at least.

Anyway, American Eagle just looks GREAT. Characters like that are more than welcome. Regarding this wave, quite frankly, i love the look of this Ant-man; the "final" product looks GREAT, Zach. My bigger issue is that we've been hunting down "definitive" classic versions of each of Marvel's Top Guns for ages; i spent tons of trips hunting at Disney Stores for "definitive" Classic Thor, just to see an entire WAVE of Thors and a TRU "definitive" one. Same with Captain America. The Cap Boxed Set was great. Then the Classic Heroic Age was perfect...then came jacket Cap....and now TWO more of the same costume in this wave and the "Best of Wave."

That's my main issue. Used to be a completionist until money got tight and i realized some characters i didn't need redos of. Now it feels like we only get redos of figures we JUST got 3 of the same version of.

Again, that's just MY view. I will probably buy Ant-man, he came out amazing.

The irony is, in '92 the idea of a female Wolverine was an in-joke about the character's overexposure. A decade later, X-23 briefly had her own book.

Not to mention the joke actual laser clawed female wolverine called Wild Thing that popped up in the 90's alongside of a American Dream & Son of Juggernaut :rolleyes:

Before Wild Thing and X-23, Rancor was running around the Guardians of the Galaxy Universe claiming to be Wolverine's decedent.

Captain_Ultra_001.gif

You'll never get goofier then Captain Ultra! Never!

Well from what we've been hearing about "strikes" getting more expensive, I'm afraid "Captain Colorblind" is even less likely than he had been. Although he was a member of the Frightful Four for about ten minutes... Not a bad resume enhancer for this plumber turned stand-up comic.

Wow, this thread has grown by leaps and bounds since the last time I checked. Let's see if I can sum up my thoughts:

Dr. Druid - Yes please.

Nextwave - Yes pretty please. Pretty pretty please.

Firelord & Ariwalker - Great to hear that these will be released this year, Zach. I look forward to having a Herald army.

Marrow - She's all right. Better than Maggot.

Dr. Bong - I want a Dr. Bong, but without a Howard the Duck, he's always going to feel incomplete to me.

American Eagle - If you can make it happen, Zach, I'll buy it.

"Birds of a Feather" wave - I would buy this wave. Let's make it happen.

Captain Ultra - He recently appeared as part of Wonder Man's Revengers squad, a group made up of people who wanted to stop the Avengers because of shaky motivation and poor understanding of character histories (Bendis!)

Combo Man - Oh lord, I remember him from the ads on the back of Marvel comics in the 90's. Find out all about him here.

Edited by boyd