UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel wave 44

Lobsterman

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why would anyone buy regular Cap with Stubble Thor if they got any of the versions of them we just got over the summer/winter of 2011?

Cause I like that look for Thor in the comics. Hey, you asked. Not sure what I'm going to do with the Cap... but it probably means I can skip the Cap/Ryu pack for MvC3. Not saying you're wrong, V, just I'm the wrong guy to ask.

If you're looking for a figure to release every year, I'd like to nominate Wasp. She has enough different and distinctive costumes you could release her every wave if you like, and still not get ot them all.

Just trying to help.

I agree about Thor, and with Cap, the new leg tampo is enough to interest me. It's a small detail that to me goes a long way for me. And I'd be down for more Wasp, especially something a little more modern.

...... But who here is an actual completist? I didn't think very many of you were, if any...

Just for the record, I am.

I am too, 'though I may not pick the stuff up right away.

For example, I just got the X-Men First Class movie stuff... but I planned to get it eventually. So even though I grouse about stuff, I know I'll get around to buying it sooner or later in support of more Minimates.

Apologies for not realizing so many of you were completists. I guess I got lost in the forest of people saying "pass."

All I can say is thank you for your continued support of the line. We'll try to pad out some wish lists soon. This summer alone has four or five sets I can think of that will make people very happy.

The fact that this toyline, whether Marvel or otherwise, is still going makes me happy, Zach. I seriously cannot express my love for these 2" tall, 14pt-articulated, cylindrical-block figures. I want everything Minimated. :lol: I get sad when sublines end prematurely (LotR, DC, Trek, BSG - if we had just gotten one last wave with Romo Lampkin, Racetrack & fedora-less Cavill, it would've been perfect), or just get cancelled before seeing distribution (Beverly Hills Cop, I Robot, Doctor Who). The fact that we're seeing wave 45 of Marvel is more than I think any of us could ever have imagined!

And not to @$$-kiss, but Toyfare was probably my favorite magazine, and the fact that you're not only involved in Minimates now, but frequent this board to talk to us, is just absolutely awesome. Thank you, Zach.

:thumbsup:

Edited by TENIME_art

And not to @$$-kiss, but Toyfare was probably my favorite magazine, and the fact that you're not only involved in Minimates now, but frequent this board to talk to us, is just absolutely awesome. Thank you, Zach.

Thank you! I actually just wrote a new Marvel MM comic strip for the packaging inset -- my first fumetti since my TF days -- and they're shooting it now, so hopefully that will start showing up mid-year.

I want to reprint the old ones on Minimates.com, too. Did the second page of that Spidey strip ever run anywhere? I don't think it did.

Did the second page of that Spidey strip ever run anywhere? I don't think it did.

I can't think of it if it did.

Also Zach, thanks again for all the answers, previews and just being generally kind and patient. And I'm sorry about being so "Kang!" all the time. I've got different priorities than you guys do and I shouldn't be so adamant about it when I don't get my way. I hope you'll accept my apology if I've come off as too strong.

There are just so many characters I'd love to see that sometimes retreads get frustrating. Still, I should be thankful for who I *do* have and who has/is being made. That I have a keen Beta Ray Bill and Arnim Zola right now is a wonder, considering where minimates were several years ago and it seemed Marvel would be pushing up daisies.

So thank you.

Edited by Mystery Man

Maybe we should start a Zach Oat appreciation thread. But seriously, thanks for putting up with us. You could easily stop visiting when you read all of the indignant responses to things, but you stick around and still give us info and hints and teases of things to look forward to. Thank you.

You can't please everybody (well, maybe you can always please Miry..) but I'm sure some people new to the line will love wave 44.

Ps I don't remember there ever being a part two to the Spider-man pack in comic either.

I'm more surprised that we haven't seen this Thor

436824-0cak2m1kocaazogbccalu5zrgcabwql0icac0z00zca2x9t90ca1cmc8zcakdvj2ecaauffzkcahessg0caakxy1vcaudvownca81k760caonyu1vcauq12sdca6rjy83cahb3h48cao53svrcafhjthj_super.jpg

I can't see collectors being upset about this one, and surely it would sell just as well as "regular Thor with stubble"

I want that Thor so bad, I drove all over the tri-city area hunting down the Hasbro ML version.

If we have to get another ‘all headliners’ wave could it be Legends of Asgard Thor, Super Soldier Steve Rogers, Maestro, Amazing Bagman, Some really cool speciality armor like “Aquatic” or “Space suit” Iron Man with the variant being a different really cool speciality armor, and I don’t know what the army builder would be... let’s say Squirrel Girl but each one comes with only one pet squirrel accessory so you need at least two.

Did the second page of that Spidey strip ever run anywhere? I don't think it did.

I've never seen it. And it's been killing me to know what happens next. Are Spidey's friends throw him a surprise birthday party? Did Doc Ock & the Green Goblin buy Spidey a gift together? And if you're dating Doc Ock, do you hold his hand or one of his mechanical arms? I gotta know these things.

Apologies for not realizing so many of you were completists. I guess I got lost in the forest of people saying "pass."

Oh, Zach, when we say "pass," we mean "please, sir, may I have another!" ;)

Yeah, unfortunately Lobby hit that one on the head. After 10 years, every time a new waves comes up, we all go "Oh, look! More soap!" and bend over to get it.

Really though, disgusted or not, I just love Minimates. The promos still remain some of my favorite mates ever.

And Zach, I think you hang around because this is your place too on a personal level. You're one of us, even if we yell at the professional Zach. :P

Really though, disgusted or not, I just love Minimates. The promos still remain some of my favorite mates ever.

Which promos? Blanks?

And Zach, I think you hang around because this is your place too on a personal level. You're one of us, even if we yell at the professional Zach. :P

I do enjoy the back-and-forth -- the ToyFare boards were fun back in the day, and I'm learning a lot about monster fandom over on the UMA boards -- but rarely have I been so focused on one toy line that I could spend time in a dedicated forum before now. Even in my anything-goes Simpsons, Muppets and Marvel Legends collecting days, I rarely went online, I just re-arranged them on my shelves constantly.

And I was a near-completist for all of those lines, barring the occasional high-priced box set or a rare piece I just wasn't meant to have. I'm sure collecting a line like Minimates, with a lower price point but far more releases per year, has its pros and cons.

I was a completist, until I realized just how much money I was spending each month on Minimates without taking as much joy out of it as I once did. I've been off the stuff for a month or so now, and I can still feel the desire to run out and buy up all the stuff I've missed during my absence. Wow, this stuff really is plastic crack!

The only thing that bothers me about this series is that it looks to come out so close to the "Best of" series that carries a lot of the same characters. That we've just gotten through a wave of figures that also carries the same characters stands out in a lot of people's minds as well.

Lord Thor is just fine. But I think we all know there's one Thor variant that stands above all others...

Thor_365_frogthor.jpg

Word

Here's the boxset we need:

- Thor Frog

- Spider-Ham

- Rocket Raccoon

- Howard the Duck

Word X 2

Corresponding TRU wave would have Symbiote Spider-Ham, Goose Rider, Croak and Badger, etc.