UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Lobstercave

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, guys! Frequalizer: for my top coat I use a sealant from Microscale industries called Micro Coat. It comes in Flat, Satin, and Gloss, and can be thinned or tinted, and applied with an airbrush. It's pretty durable, and yes, once they're sealed, I can handle and pose my customs.

I've been busy the last couple weeks trying to knock out stuff that's be lingering on my workbench for too long. This lady's about two months late:

SilkSpectre.jpg

Silk Spectre was probably one of my most challenging customs, mainly because I was trying to pull off her translucent "silk" blouse as separate chest cap and skirt pieces rather than just painting it on. I don't have the equipment to do completely clean resin casting without any bubbles (and I'm not sure how well it would work with pieces this thin anyway), so I basically had to try and heat-shape existing substrates. I experimented with a lot of different plastics, and finally ended up using a clear PVC sheet I softened with a heat gun, then pulled the pieces through to stretch it into shape. Then I airbrushed on some thinned clear yellow paint with an added pearlizer for the shiny finish. I have to say, I'm pretty pleased with how she came out. I was worried the chest cap would make her look weirdly chunky up top like Power Girl, but I think being able to see the chest block design through the clear plastic makes it work okay.

Nite Owl up next. I'm really excited to finally see this team all standing together on my shelf when I finish. biggrin.png