UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Has anyone tried "Rub-On" decals?

i havent had good luck with the water slide ones either, i dont know if its my printer or what but i allow them to dry and have even tried spraying them with a clear coat before but every time i wet them to transfer them the ink bleeds off the paper, i mean it makes sense what with it being water based ink and all but others seem to have no problem, i wonder if this(rub on) would work better worth a try i guess. also since we're an the topic anyone care to chime in on how they print them i mean do you wait until you have a full sheet worth or ???? i admit im a bit of a noob to the whole decal thing.

Edited by Mattallica

I just got some of the new inkjet sticker paper in the mail from Luke today, and I'm pretty happy with it (though I couldn't figure out which side was the printing side, and, well, you can guess the rest... :blush:). I'm very impressed with them so far; I think they hold color much better then the old laser stuff. Flesh in particular looks a lot better in my eyes. Luke's right, it's a bit thick, but I don't mind that too much, considering how easy they are to work with. I definitely recommend it. :thumbsup:

I used rub on's for this mini chinook for someone who is retiring from work last year (I work on the real things :biggrin: ) the mates I put in there for scale. They looked great because it was just the letters and no backing paper on it, but it was really hard to line up, and probably would have looked better as a decal or sticker. I think if it was for a torso it could work, but for anything with a curve, i think it would be too much trouble. this is just my opinion. I have just tried luke's sticker paper on something, and I really like how it turned out, and would recommend that, especially for anyone who is not used to waterslide decals :thumbsup:

My link