UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Howdy... just what I need... a NEW ADDICTION

Thanks,

Someone linked me to that the other day. There and here were the 2 sites they sent me. First question. How hard is it to find BLANK bodies? I'm pondering customizing and I was wondering how hard it is to find blank bases or if it's just better to get any old fodder and take acetone to it to clean it off.

Thanks,

Someone linked me to that the other day. There and here were the 2 sites they sent me. First question. How hard is it to find BLANK bodies? I'm pondering customizing and I was wondering how hard it is to find blank bases or if it's just better to get any old fodder and take acetone to it to clean it off.

Many of the GB & Max 'mates have blank 'bases' , I personally prefer sniffing the acetone :wacko:

Thanks,

Welcome aboard.

When I do a custom I try to work with whatever I can find rather than hunt blanks. Check out the custom board. Latsa great pointers over there.

Welcome to the party. Good luck sticking to the "best version" of each character. I think you'll find yourself expanding beyond those parameters sooner than you expect.

I have no doubt I'll expand. MM looks like it's almost as bad as Star Wars about barely tweaking a character then rereleasing it again and again, just good enough to make you want him. The one good thing is, most of the bodies are the same so old versions become easy fodder.

I'm quite familiar with using what's on hand for customs. I was very big about customizing Marvel Legends for a while but haven't had time in a while. I was just hoping that maybe someone had true blanks to start from at a reasonable price. I'll start looking at the Trade forums as soon as I have a chance to go through the database and see what looks the most interesting for me.

Hi there and welcome to the 'verse and your new addiction!

Regarding customs, let me point you towards a few other places besides our own custom thread (mandatory):

Minimate Factory - a how-to-do-all-the-awesome-stuff-Luke-does (you'll read this name a lot!)

Boyds Customs - what it says, Boyds customs

BAMF - a collection of custom Minimates from all over the internet

You might find some loose blank minimates (as well as some really nice custom supplies) over at Luke's toystore (there's his name again, see!)

But I'm with Rheul here. I just use the parts I got to customize minimates. Especially if you apply paint or decals, it really doesn't matter.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to see your stuff!

Holy Cow I've lost my mind. I really should have my ebay account revoked. I found some decent deals on some stuff and I'm going to try and work out a bulk buy with the one guy I've gotten the best deals from so far. I just need to make up a list of what I want and he'll tell me what he has. Now DECIDING what I want is the issue...

So far behind....

I know I want all the Battlestar, all the Lord of the Rings, All the DC (of course, finding all of the above at a reasonable price is going to be difficult)

Now, deciding which Marvel I want is going to be the most challenging part.

Any suggestions on the best version of the Marquee folks like Captain America, Thor, Spidey, X-men, etc... would be much appreciated.

The Defenders set will take some beating .....quality in every regard..... considering when they were made they surpass most everything since,I love that set.

Check out the almost obscure character 'Valkyrie' (bless you Ivan) http://www.minimatedatabase.com/figure.php?i=512&n=Valkyrie .....check her out from any angle you like & you'll see a toy that ,personally, made me proud to be a Minimate collector . Su.....bloody....perb.

the Defenders set is top notch all the way. One of my favorite picks is the "Marvel Heroes" set Captain America, no mods needed and a spot on rendering of the character. Check out the "Modifying Marvel Minimates" thread for lots of good ideas on "low" talent customs (low is a poor word ALL of the mods this board comes up with have been inspired and worthy of a look) for creating "definitive" versions of your favorites.